Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Anyone watching Ultimate Fighter tonight?

smh.gif
This fool Jesse for #+*$$%% up his chance in the finals.

Originally Posted by presequel

would a gsp vs silva match ever happen? (if it hasnt)
Never happened and not likely ^^ The only rumors around are of Anderson moving up so it's seems even more unlikely than it was ever (whichwasn't at all) The only interesting fight GSP would be involved in would be BJ or Alves.

Spiiiiiiiideeeeeerrr!!!!

I'm a big fan but honestly I would be suprised if he ran through 205. I just don't see him doing it unless he can weigh 205 and be the same fighterwhich is possible. But those 205ers are big strong guys. We'll see.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Anyone watching Ultimate Fighter tonight?

smh.gif
This fool Jesse for #+*$$%% up his chance in the finals.

Yea... Thats some stupid !%#% right there...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

^^Wandy and Vera isn't happening. Wand turned down the fight.
ohwell.gif

Silva is a bad, bad man. I really don't see anyone at 205 that will give him too much problems. He's so well-rounded, it's ridiculous. I can see him standing (successfully) with both Liddell and Rampage, Forrest wouldn't make it out the 1st, he's already defeated Henderson, Machida wouldn't be able to run 5 rounds, hell the only guy I see maybe giving him problems might be Wandy, but because of their prior affiliation with Chute Boxe, I believe they've publicly stated they wouldn't fight each other.

I wouldn't be so quick to discount Rampage at 205. Anderson can probably stand with him but I doubt that Rampage would make it a straight standup battle. I think he would give up too much size and strength to someone like Rampage.

I think Machida would be a tough matchup too due to his style but thats another fight that probably would never happen. Arent they from the same camp? (Black House) or did Machida leave?
As good a wrestler Henderson was, I don't think Rampage would last too long with Spider if it went to the ground.

if rampage could control henderson on the ground for 5 rounds, i think he could do the same to spider. hendo did it himself for one round.

^Henderson is a 'wrestler', Spider is a BJJ black belt. Also, Rampage doesn't exactly have a great track record against MT fighters.
ohwell.gif

Last nights episode of TUF was good! JT is a moron, plain and simple. Really I mean what more is there to say? Dude f'd up the biggest opportunity of hislife. Even if Dana brings him back, no contract is ever gonna equal what he could've had if he won the finale.

I'm a big fan but honestly I would be suprised if he ran through 205. I just don't see him doing it unless he can weigh 205 and be the same fighter which is possible. But those 205ers are big strong guys. We'll see.
According to Big Nog...
"Anderson's good," gushed Nogueira. "He's got a lot of weapons, a lot of things to show. He's proven his ground and he's proven his standup. Everytime he steps in the cage he shows up fighting. He's a big guy, man. He's almost my size. He's like 210 now and he's all muscle so he won't have a problem at 205. He's very strong; he works a lot with the weights. He's much stronger now than the first time I met him. We started training together in 2002. He was like a real 185 then, but now he can be 205 easy. He can fight both 185 and 205. He can switch easy, no problem."

^Henderson is a 'wrestler', Spider is a BJJ black belt. Also, Rampage doesn't exactly have a great track record against MT fighters.
ohwell.gif

Last nights episode of TUF was good! JT is a moron, plain and simple. Really I mean what more is there to say? Dude f'd up the biggest opportunity of his life. Even if Dana brings him back, no contract is ever gonna equal what he could've had if he won the finale.

I'm a big fan but honestly I would be suprised if he ran through 205. I just don't see him doing it unless he can weigh 205 and be the same fighter which is possible. But those 205ers are big strong guys. We'll see.
According to Big Nog...
"Anderson's good," gushed Nogueira. "He's got a lot of weapons, a lot of things to show. He's proven his ground and he's proven his standup. Everytime he steps in the cage he shows up fighting. He's a big guy, man. He's almost my size. He's like 210 now and he's all muscle so he won't have a problem at 205. He's very strong; he works a lot with the weights. He's much stronger now than the first time I met him. We started training together in 2002. He was like a real 185 then, but now he can be 205 easy. He can fight both 185 and 205. He can switch easy, no problem."

Thank you, that's all I needed to hear. I can't wait.

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

lol oh noesss!

anyway, JT saying "I'm a UFC fighter" made me feel disgusted and !+%+.

I mean it may be TV editing, but you could tell that JT is just your typical poop for brains meathead jock. Likes to get blindingly drunk and act the foolbecause he thinks hes a bad dude who is untouchable. Im glad he got his come uppance. He doesn't feel bad about what he did. Chances are he woke up thenext day like "daaaaaaamn I had a crazy night gettin wild!!!!" instead of "I feel terrible for what I did last night". Dude is broken upbecause he knows he pissed away an opportunity of a lifetime and rightfully so. As smug and full of himself as Dana White is, he is 100% correct. There isabsolutely no room for guys like that in the UFC. They face enough bad pub as it is, and they are working hard to legitimize MMA to the masses. Hopefully theguy can get picked up by another org or else he's going to be bagging groceries or coaching high school wrestling for the rest of his life.

^ nice post.

reading through some of the comments on that page, one of the readers put it into perspective.

"Over the course of this season, it's no secret that alcoholism is an issue for Jesse. It's sad to see this happen, but people who battle thisdisease need to hit rock bottom before they can finally get help. I think he has found his rock bottom. "

Atleast dude is manning up and being responsible for acting like a ******.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

other MMA sites/boards have insiders...at the beginning of the season some started with posts that said *spoilers*. i thought of reading but decided not to since its one of the 3 shows i only watch on TV. im guessing these insiders are 1-2 weeks ahead since the airing has the actual day + preview of the next episode.

my best bet is JT. I think he's the only one capable of doing it.
-CB is the Mac Danzig this season...dude knows to channel his energy.
-Amir, well a possibility but thinking that he got to this point without a professional bout will probably make him more disciplined
-the other dude, well, i couldnt/wouldnt think he'd do it.

I don't know, but im amped to see the next episode. I could only think that dude:
1. was provoked = JT
2. excited to go home

thrashing a limo though
laugh.gif
I mean Dana spent some cash on trying to renovate that house every season but this time I think enoughs enough
roll.gif

PS
Forrest has a WET (NH) J
laugh.gif
sick.gif
smokin.gif
Rampage was helpless
roll.gif
Dude quit from the beginning

Called it.

...but really it was a no-brainer. Dude got alcohol problems. What a way to F up your career. Goodluck with 15Gs in your pocket.

other MMA sites/boards have insiders...at the beginning of the season some started with posts that said *spoilers*. i thought of reading but decided not to since its one of the 3 shows i only watch on TV. im guessing these insiders are 1-2 weeks ahead since the airing has the actual day + preview of the next episode.

my best bet is JT. I think he's the only one capable of doing it.
-CB is the Mac Danzig this season...dude knows to channel his energy.
-Amir, well a possibility but thinking that he got to this point without a professional bout will probably make him more disciplined
-the other dude, well, i couldnt/wouldnt think he'd do it.

I don't know, but im amped to see the next episode. I could only think that dude:
1. was provoked = JT
2. excited to go home

thrashing a limo though
laugh.gif
I mean Dana spent some cash on trying to renovate that house every season but this time I think enoughs enough
roll.gif

PS
Forrest has a WET (NH) J
laugh.gif
sick.gif
smokin.gif
Rampage was helpless
roll.gif
Dude quit from the beginning

Called it.

...but really it was a no-brainer. Dude got alcohol problems. What a way to F up your career. Goodluck with 15Gs in your pocket.

Yea, he definitely $%%$@* up, but Dana told JT to call him in a couple months. JT will have another shot at the UFC, but he just won't win this grandprize.
tired.gif
Either way, when he does come back to the UFC, he will getBJJ'ed up by someone quickly.

Silva vs. Silva, oh yeah...

Wanderlei Silva vs. Thiago Silva Likely For October
By Jason Perkins | June 19, 2008
Looks like the UFC had originally explored the possibility of a Chuck Liddell vs. Wanderlei Silva match up for UFC 88, but Silva has requested some time offuntil December.
"Here in Vegas the good things keep coming to me… I had already been sound out about my next bout. To begin with, I just want to fight again on December,because it will be the biggest event of the year and until there I will be ready again", said Wanderlei via his personal blog.

The UFC is pushing for Silva to be ready for their October pay-per-view however, and is offering Silva a match up with either Thiago Silva or Lyoto Machida,with Thiago Silva being the more likely of the two. Look for that match up to occur possibly as soon as the October PPV.

The UFC is having a difficult time finding an opponent for undefeated rising superstar Lyoto Machida. Dave Meltzer is reporting that Machida is viewed as adifficult and often boring match up.

Fight card for this Saturday's TUF 7 finale:

MAIN CARD (TELEVISED)
  • Kendall Grove vs. Evan Tanner
  • C.B. Dollaway vs. Amir Sadollah (for "TUF7" championship)
  • Luigi Fioravanti vs. Diego Sanchez
  • Spencer Fisher vs. Jeremy Stephens
  • Matthew Riddle vs. Dante Rivera
PRELIMINARY CARD (UN-TELEVISED)
  • Josh Burkman vs. Dustin Hazelett
  • Marvin Eastman vs. Drew McFedries
  • Matt Arroyo vs. Matt Brown
  • Jeremy Horn vs. Dean Lister
  • Tim Credeur vs. Cale Yarbrough
  • Rob Kimmons vs. Rob Yundt

Wanderlei Silva vs. Thiago Silva Likely For October
eek.gif
I was just thinking about this hours ago. Thankyou!!!!!!!!!!!
eek.gif
*or even Machida vs. Thiago . I can't even imaginethe staredown on this. Thiago's got that MS13 swag
laugh.gif
whileWanderlei's just an ugly brawler. They can make a good horror movie poster together.

What's Lister's status in the UFC? Exclusive contact or what? I thought I saw him fight on another org.

Why do I have to watch Rivera vs. Riddle when I could be watching McFedries vs. Eastman or Horn vs. Lister?

^^Wandy and Vera isn't happening. Wand turned down the fight.
ohwell.gif

Silva is a bad, bad man. I really don't see anyone at 205 that will give him too much problems. He's so well-rounded, it's ridiculous. I can see him standing (successfully) with both Liddell and Rampage, Forrest wouldn't make it out the 1st, he's already defeated Henderson, Machida wouldn't be able to run 5 rounds, hell the only guy I see maybe giving him problems might be Wandy, but because of their prior affiliation with Chute Boxe, I believe they've publicly stated they wouldn't fight each other.
I actually thought Wand and Anderson did not get along. And that a fight between them was very possible.

The Chute Boxe we once knew seems to have splintered a bit anyway.....

Originally Posted by illphillip

Why do I have to watch Rivera vs. Riddle when I could be watching McFedries vs. Eastman or Horn vs. Lister?

Do you really wanna see Horn v. Lister? A lot of people don't really like watching extremely technical Jiu-jitsu.

Originally Posted by Smokey1212

Originally Posted by illphillip

Do you really wanna see Horn v. Lister? A lot of people don't really like watching extremely technical Jiu-jitsu.

I do. It's amusing as Forrest's TUF finale fight. yall know how that went. But fans like slug fests, no technical fights. JJ fights dont last longneither...but overall, I love me some technical fights.

Monopoly, yes I know he is, but what's his contract status? I thought I saw him fight on another org but I'm thinking he'd have an exclusivecontract with the UFC...and to think he's close to Tito + world class status. Just correct me if I'm wrong.

Back
Top Bottom