Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

yves better get that belt.

and nick diaz gets the
pimp.gif

Don't know if anyone's been following the rumours regarding Dana's big announcement Thursday in New York City, so here's the Reader'sDigest:
  • Talk of TV deal with FOX or NBC
  • Speculation that Danda had signed PBF himself, Floyd Mayweather, to a $200 million MMA contract
The prevailing idea now is this:
From a very reliable source, rumor has it that a group of investors led by Dana White have agreed in principle to purchase the UFC from Frank and Lorenzo Fertitta for an undisclosed amount. Included in this investment group is WWE's Vince McMahon who will now own a minority stake in the company. They also have plans on taking the company public by years end.

At the press conference also expect Dana to announce that with the help of McMahon, who has extensive connections in the New York State Athletic Commission, they were able to get the UFC sanctioned in New York, and plan on having a show sometime in the winter at Madison Square Garden. That is all I have right now.

And, oh yeah, You're welcome.

Courtesy Sean McCorkle: http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/?go=forum_framed.posts&forum=1&thread=1292633&page=1&pc=87

In related news, Jakks has signed on to produce UFC action figures.

Thoughts?

Seriously, if Vinny Mac has anything to do with anything UFC related, we are all gonna witness the downfall of the UFC as we know it. It'll be likeEliteXC, but on an even bigger level.
smh.gif

None of that is true:

Debunked rumors included the possibility of boxer Floyd Mayweather joining the organization; World Wrestling Entertainment partnering with the UFC in any capacity (including ownership and merchandising); the UFC appearing on FOX, ABC or another network; and the UFC possibly going public. White said none of them were true.
http://mmajunkie.com/news/4540/dana-white-debunks-big-news-rumors-on-cnbc.mma

Like said before, it seems like them buying WVR seems like the biggest thing.

Yea..... i stated earlier that maybe a big connection with WVR could be very possible and would be great because of the upcoming MMA promotions of DREAM,Affliction.....or the comeback of PRIDEFC would be even better, and with some other announcement's with chuck liddell headlining UFC in september, withAnderson to LHW; most likely he would fight one more fight in 185. I don't think a tv deal with Fox would shake up the "MMA world", whoeverthought of that was ridicilous. Dana already signed the deal so hopefully its some great news just have to await this thursday. Good thing it has nothing to dowith McMahon fake wrestling, i never want to see him near a MMA promotion, and JAKKS Pacific making UFC toys, hell yea!!!! Those toys better have a lot ofbendable joints, i want to be able to pull a submission with them figures, these will be better than those Big head head Ortiz, Cotoure figures.

Yeah I knew Dana's announcement would dissapoint.
ohwell.gif

The video game will most likely come out next year the way it seems..
Would have been satisfied hearing the UFC is coming to NY this year.
Kind of funny seeing Nate and Lawler so close together. I'm sure they didn't talk together.

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

ohwell.gif

Kind of funny seeing Nate and Lawler so close together. I'm sure they didn't talk together.

No, the big announcement is supposed to come thursday

ohwell.gif

It's not it.

And I don't know about you, but those WWE Jakks figures were dope. The UFC looks cool as hell
laugh.gif

Personally I would have preferred Macfarlane UFC figures. Ehn.

laugh.gif
@ Sherdog and The Underground going wild speculating over UncleDana's announcement

News: UPDATE on DREAM 5 Card:
DREAM 5: JULY 21, 2008
venue: Osakajo Hall in Osaka, Japan

Welterweight Championship:
-Hayato "Mach" Sakurai vs. Nick Diaz

Lightweight Grand Prix Finals (16-man tournament)
-Winner of Shinya Aoki (#3 Lightweight in the World)* vs. Katsuhiko Nagata
-Tatsuya Kawajiri (#4 Lightweight in the World)*
-Eddie Alvarez
-Caol Uno

Non-tournament Bouts:
-Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic (#9 Heavyweight in the World) vs. Jerome LeBanner
-Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto vs. Joe Benavidez
-Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. TBA
-Denis Kang vs. TBA

Also: I stated before Vitor Belfort making his return to MMA with his paractice in Chute Box Academy in Brazil. Belfort will be fighting in the 185Ibs.Middleweight Division. His opponent will be Terry Martin in the Affliction "BANNED" card. Best to Luck to Vitor Belfort & Denis Kang hopefullythey get back to there winning streaks.

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

Im just wondering, about how much is the purse for the big name fighters in UFC?

The highest I've seen is 500,000 for Liddell for UFC 76. That's just base. Most of the big name guys just get a base salary. The other guys get ashow and then a win salary which is usually doubles their salary. There's also bonuses of 75,000 (even though it was 50,000 for the last UFC) forsubmission, knockout, and fight of the night.
The greatest MMA PPV ever just got better.

PLEASE VITOR, PLEASE COME READY FOR WAR!!!!!
Rogerio and Alek's fights will be free on FSN. Not sure if they'll play the other undercard fights on that broadcast though. Hopefullythey do because I really wanna see Youg/Hominick and Vitor/Martin.

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

Best PPV Ever? Nooo PRIDE 33
happy.gif

What's funny is that I had no reason to buy the Pride PPV, the matches looks alright. When I finally watched it, I was blown away, all the upsets madeit a must have DVD.

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

Best PPV Ever? Nooo PRIDE 33
happy.gif

What's funny is that I had no reason to buy the Pride PPV, the matches looks alright. When I finally watched it, I was blown away, all the upsets made it a must have DVD.
indeed

^ Heres the full card for UFC 86: Jackson vs. Griffin

MAIN CARD

Champion Quinton Jackson vs. Forrest Griffin (for UFC light heavyweight belt)
Ricardo Almeida vs. Patrick Cote
Joe Stevenson vs. Gleison Tibau
Josh Koscheck vs. Chris Lytle
Marcus Aurelio vs. Tyson Griffin

PRELIMINARY CARD

Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Justin McCully
Jorge Gurgel vs. Cole Miller
Melvin Guillard vs. Dennis Siver
Justin Bucholz vs. Corey Hill
Jared Rollins vs. Ben Saunders

Outside the main event, none of the other matches really stand out. UFC 84 and the upcoming UFC 87>>>UFC 86.

Rampage and Forrest should be good. Rampage just beat Henderson and Iceman and Forrest recently beat Shogun. I see Rampage winning this fight either by TKO ordecision.

I would suggest waiting for UFC 87: Seek and Destroy

Champ Georges St. Pierre vs. Jon Fitch (for welterweight title)
Brock Lesnar vs. Heath Herring
Kenny Florian vs. Roger Huerta
Karo Parisyan vs. TBA
Frankie Edgar vs. Hermes Franca
Dan Evensen vs. Cheick Kongo
Rob Emerson vs. Manny Gamburyan
Steve Bruno vs. Chris Wilson

This card you get GSP, probably in the top 3 p4p fighters right now, facing a formidable opponent in Fitch.

Florian vs. Huerta = fireworks. Possible fight of the year candidate.

Adn you get Brock Lesnar's 2nd fight. Supposed to fight Coleman but got injured. herring though is no slouch. Another tough oppnent. If Kimbo were fightingthese type of fighters, he would have 0 wins. Brock's getting tough opponents straight off the bat.

And if you can't wait for UFC 87 (August), order the Affliction pay per view July 19. Arguably the most stacked card ever:

MAIN CARD (PAY PER VIEW)
  • Fedor Emelianenko vs. Tim Sylvia
  • Andrei Arlovski vs. Ben Rothwell
  • Josh Barnett vs. Pedro Rizzo
  • Matt Lindland vs. Fabio Nascimento
  • Renato "Babalu" Sobral vs. Mike Whitehead
PRELIMINARY CARD (FSN)
  • Paul Buentello vs. Aleksander Emelianenko
  • Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Vernon White
PRELIMINARY CARD (MAY NOT BE BROADCAST)
  • Vitor Belfort vs. Terry Martin
  • Ray Lazama vs. Justin Levens
  • J.J. Ambrose vs. Mike Pyle
  • Mark Hominick vs. Savant Young

Outside the main event, none of the other matches really stand out. UFC 84 and the upcoming UFC 87>>>UFC 86.
Crazy. Not that many big names, but this card is gonna be great IMO. Look at the fights:

Griffin/Aurelio is gonna be an awesome ground battle.

Kos/Lytle should be damn good too with Kos improving his stand up A LOT. Lytle looked good against Alves, standing with him mind you.

Stevenson/Tibau is a good fight. We all know how good Stevenson is and Tibau is a monster of a LW that should give him problems. Dude is a damn rock.

Almedia/Cote is a battle of top UFC 185. Yes Anderson rules that division but all the middle tier guys can put on GREAT fights against each other.

And Rampage is one of my favorite fighters.

The card can go down as a damn good night of fights. Doesn't have many big names, but I'll bet most you will be at the edge of your seat because eachand every fighter on the main card is an exciting fighter to watch (especially with Blanket's new founding of a stand up game).

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Crazy. Not that many big names, but this card is gonna be great IMO. Look at the fights:

Griffin/Aurelio is gonna be an awesome ground battle.

Kos/Lytle should be damn good too with Kos improving his stand up A LOT. Lytle looked good against Alves, standing with him mind you.

Stevenson/Tibau is a good fight. We all know how good Stevenson is and Tibau is a monster of a LW that should give him problems. Dude is a damn rock.

Almedia/Cote is a battle of top UFC 185. Yes Anderson rules that division but all the middle tier guys can put on GREAT fights against each other.

And Rampage is one of my favorite fighters.

The card can go down as a damn good night of fights. Doesn't have many big names, but I'll bet most you will be at the edge of your seat because each and every fighter on the main card is an exciting fighter to watch (especially with Blanket's new founding of a stand up game).

Aurelio has never stood out to me. When was the last time Griffin has finished a fight? I'm tired of watching him fight. I would hope he would accept a fight with Nate Diaz so Nate can beat him.

Kos should have no problem beating Lytle. Probably by decision.

Stevenson should be able to submit Tibau easily.

OK, I'll give you Almeida vs. Cote should be fun to watch.

2 out of 5 for me.

That affliction card looks OD imo, I hope they will be able to keep up putting on good shows instead of kicking themselves later for for stacking 1 event. Youcould easily spread that card into 2 HUGE events.

^ true thats a good point. i dont even know who else they have signed other than the people on the card.

you only debut once tho.

Back
Top Bottom