Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

It will be on tape delay b/c of the time difference. So it will probably come on at 9 pm like the usual events.

UPDATE ON THE UFC 74 : RESPECT CARD.

ALL FIGHTS HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED SO FAR ON UFC.COM

Randy Couture vs Gabriel Gonzaga
Josh Koscheck vs GSP
Kurt Pellegrino vs Joe Stevenson
Patrick Cote vs Kendall Grove
Frank Mir vs Antoni Hardonk
Clay Guida vs Marcus Aurelio :pimp:
pimp.gif
:pimp:
pimp.gif

^ UFCJunkie.com is also reporting:

David Heath vs. Renato Babalu Sobral
Alberto Crane vs. Roger Huerta
Ryan Jensen vs. Travis Lutter

Sacramento Kings: Fight for the playoffs!

Anyone know for sure what's going on with Shogun?

I thought a match against Machida was for sure at 76, but I've been reading stuff about Forrest taking Lyoto's place as Shogun's first UFC opponent.
TRUE B7UES​

^I think Shogun/Griffen is pretty much in the bag at this point. I think it's genius for them to throw Griffen into the lions like that. Your casual MMA fan thinks very highly of Griffen and if they see him get totally dominated...that will draw a lot of media to Shogun. Either way it's a win win situation for Zuffa.

^ True. Machida, IMO, would have been a tougher oppnent for Shogun. Unfortunately, he is not as well known as Forrest.

mmanews.com:

It has been confirmed that Lightweight champion Sean Sherk has also failed his post-UFC 73 drug test as well. His opponent Hermes Franca released a statement claiming he would be coming up positive when the next set of test results were made public by the California State Athletic Commission.

Sherk tested positive for Nandrolone Metabolite and has been fined $2,500. He will be suspended until June 26, 2008 (nearly a year). Normal levels of Nandrolone range from 2 ng/mL to 6 ng/mL - where as Sherk was found with 12 ng/mL.

I like Cote alot but Kendall is my boy. Cote hits like a ton of bricks. I could see Cote catching him and KOing him but I don't think it is likely.

Sherk effed himself so bad. Shogun is gonna run through the LHW division. The kid has so much talent.
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS
SIX-TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS: 1991.1992.1993.1996.1997.1998​

Both Sherk and Franca?

If it's both then wasn' t the fight fair? :rolleyes
eyes.gif
Quote:
His opponent Hermes Franca released a statement claiming he would be coming up positive when the next set of test results were made public by the California State Athletic Commission.

is 'he' refering to sherk or franca?

Clutch.

Nascar,and Poker ARE NOT SPORTS!!!

from Sherdog
Quote:
UFC lightweight champion Sean Sherk (Pictures) has tested positive for Nandrolone Metabolite following his title defense July 7 in Sacramento, Calif, the state's athletic commission revealed Thursday. Sherk scored a dominating five-round decision win over Brazilian Hermes Franca (Pictures), whom the CSAC also said tested positive for the banned substance Drostanolone.

After testing both "A" and "B" samples of the urine specimen provided by Sherk the day before the fight, the UFC champion's Nandrolone level was certified by the Director of Science and Technology at the lab conducting the tests at 12 ng/ml, two times higher than the threshold allowed by the CSAC, said the state regulatory body.

The Minnesotan lightweight has been fined $2,500 and suspended 365 days from the date of the fight, including an additional 10 days that would need be served if Sherk reapplied for a license to fight in the Golden State.

Calls to Sherk and his trainer Greg Nelson were not immediately returned.

Franca was also fined $2,500 -- the maximum fine the CSAC can levy -- and suspended through July 5, 2008. The Brazilian told MMAweekly.com that he had used a "banned substance" prior to the fight.

"I offer only an explanation and not an excuse," Franca said. "I made a decision during a difficult time in my training for the fight that I regret."

Saying an injured ankle prompted him to look for ways to "accelerate the healing process" Franca said he made the "shortsighted" choice to use a banned substance. "Under the pressure of literally not being able to pay next months bills I made a choice," he told MMAweekly. "I had to fight and did whatever I could to do so."

UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva (Anderson Silva' class='LinkSilver'>Pictures) and Nathan Marquardt (Pictures), participants in July 7's other title fight in Sacramento, Calif., were both cleared for any banned substances.

This news comes on the heels of a CSAC report that revealed 28 violations, including nine for steroids, of its anti-doping policy from March 31, 2007 through July 6, 2007. Seventeen of the 28 violators were fighters in mixed martial arts contests.
I'm at peace with my lust​
I can kill 'cause in God I trust, yeah​
It's evolution, baby​
Jordan Flint XIII's DS 10.5

SHERK FILES AN APPEAL WITH THE CSAC

Quote:
Less than 24 hours after the news that both competitors in the recent lightweight title fight at UFC 73 had tested positive for steroids, it has been confirmed by the California State Athletic commission that champion Sean Sherk has filed an appeal.

His opponent, Hermes Franca, has also filed an appeal, although based on speaking with CSAC Executive Director Armando Garcia, it is likely that Francas appeal is to try to lessen the amount of time given for the suspension, which is currently a standard one-year suspension for a positive steroid test.

Armando Garcia spoke to MMAWeekly and confirmed that Sherk called and spoke to him directly and advised of his intention to file the appeal, also claiming that he had never even heard of the steroid Nandralone, the drug he tested positive for according to the commissions report.

The appeal will be heard in Los Angeles on August 6th in front of the California State Athletic Commission along with many other fighters who have tested positive for steroids, including the afore mentioned Hermes Franca, Phil Baroni and boxer James Toney.

During this appeal process, Garcia confirmed that the commission will not give Sherk another test, be it another urine test or a blood test. Garcia did say that Sherk has the option to do his own independent testing and present that along with any other evidence, witnesses, etc. to the commission when they hear the appeal on August 6th.

Armando Garcia stood by the validity of the tests that were performed on all fighters, mentioning specifically that both the A and B samples, which will not be tested by the athletic commissions labs unless in a pristine state, came back positive. Also, in the case of nandralone and testosterone, because they are produced by the human body, the commission will perform an analysis on the sample to review the validity.

In Sean Sherks case, the levels for nandralone came back at 12 ng/mL. The average adult will test for nandralone at 2 ng/mL, and an athlete with vigorous activity will test up to 6 ng/mL. Garcia stands behind the fact that Sherks test coming back at 12 ng/mL, twice the limit, is more than enough to prove the positive testing correct.

The scheduled hearing in front of the California State Athletic Commission will be on August 6th. At this hearing, the appeal will also be heard from Hong Man Choi, who was denied a license prior to his scheduled bout with Brock Lesnar at the K-1 Dynamite show in June, reportedly due to tumors found near Choi's pituitary gland.

www.mmaweekly.com/absolut...5&zoneid=2

I don't know about him never hearing of Nandrolone before...dudes been around the game long enough to know all the common steroids. Hopefully, he isn't just doing this to save face and he actually believes he didn't do anything wrong. He takes a @#%$ load of supplements on a daily basis so who knows what is really in his system. He was probably on a lot of pain killers after his shoulder surgery which would be a reason he was on the steroids to begin with...

UFC Working On Regular TV Deal With ESPN?
Quote:
Report: ESPN talking to the UFC
July 22nd, 2007 by Sam Caplan

According to PWInsider.com, Mondays print edition of Multichannel News will report that ESPN is talking to the UFC about the possibility of carrying UFC-related programming in the future. According to the web site, the report also acknowledges the UFCs previously reported renewal with Spike TV.

We'll get the Multichannel News article up here on the site whenever that is released online.
www.mmanews.com/ufc/UFC-W...-ESPN.html :pimp:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
ed doing some minor coverage of the UFC(Rampage/Liddell 2). Hopefully MMA can sit alongside boxing when it comes to regular coverage. :smh:
smh.gif
:smh:
smh.gif
smh.gif
@ car auctioning getting more coverage then a real sport.

seriously I am always wondering the hell is up with ESPN sports

mens softball, bowling (especially during football season when Berman tries to hype it as if everyone isnt about to switch to fox or cbs to watch some football), car auctioning and @#%$

smh.gif

TEAM JOKER​
Goooooooooonies​

^ dont forget rock, paper, scissors
Lookin' for Grapes, Supreme Blazers, DQM AM90s, and Any Patent Forces in an 10.5-11. I'd prefer a SoCal meetup.
Also looking for an XL Dead Serious hoody in black.

UFC 74

-Randy Couture (#5 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Gabriel Gonzaga (#6 Heavyweight in the World)*
-Georges St. Pierre (#2 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Josh Koscheck (#4 Welterweight in the World)*

-Joe Stevenson vs. Kurt Pellegrino
-Marcus Aurelio vs. Clay Guida
-Renato "Babalu" Sobral vs. David Heath
-Kendall Grove vs. Patrick Cote

-Antoni Hardonk vs. Frank Mir
-Roger Huerta vs. Alberto Gonzales Crane
-Travis Lutter vs. Ryan Jensen

Way too many good fighters/fights on this card to have only 5 fights televised (barring any undercard fights). I bolded the 5 I think will be shown for sure. What you guys think?

Great video, although it's missing some rare subs such as Ryo Chonan's flying scissor heel hook on Anderson Silva from PRIDE Shockwave 2004 & Kendall Grove's D'Arce choke on Alan Belcher from UFC 69. Nice vid, nonetheless. Big Nog's anaconda choke on Herring was :pimp:
pimp.gif
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all"

Can someone tell me what's going on with Fedor? Is he going to fight in UFC? Does he have any fights soon? or whatever else he's doing?
TEAMDETROIT

Back
Top Bottom