Official MLB Offseason Post: Michael Young asks for a trade.

Market for catchers is
sick.gif

Read on twitter that the Cubs are the frontrunners for Garza

Originally Posted by SCuse7

I'm good with just letting Montero play for a little. I just want him finally to the bigs

wasn't it the yankees plan to bring him up to the majors after this season? they should finally do it and let posada take him under his wing cause this kid could hit already

Originally Posted by SCuse7

I'm good with just letting Montero play for a little. I just want him finally to the bigs

wasn't it the yankees plan to bring him up to the majors after this season? they should finally do it and let posada take him under his wing cause this kid could hit already

So.....is the entire Rays team going to be gone this offseason except Longoria and Price..?

So.....is the entire Rays team going to be gone this offseason except Longoria and Price..?

Pro nailed it on the Greinke thing... The Rangers have two elite pitching prospects, a guy like Holland that can contribute now, two or more very strong SS prospects, and CF prospects. Very, very strong system up the middle, and that's where KansasCity will be looking to fill out a Greinke deal.

Just want this Lee situation to play out so we can move on with the rest of the offseason.. I feel like Brad Pitt at the end of Seven...

Originally Posted by Buc Em

yup. but didn't everyone know like a yr or two before this that it was going to happen.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

yup. but didn't everyone know like a yr or two before this that it was going to happen.

Pro nailed it on the Greinke thing... The Rangers have two elite pitching prospects, a guy like Holland that can contribute now, two or more very strong SS prospects, and CF prospects. Very, very strong system up the middle, and that's where KansasCity will be looking to fill out a Greinke deal.

Just want this Lee situation to play out so we can move on with the rest of the offseason.. I feel like Brad Pitt at the end of Seven...

Martin is certainly a MUCH better defensive catcher than Posada, Cervelli, or Montero. Of course the Yanks are going to pursue him aggressively. Montero is a live bat, but he has his problems calling games and holding a run game down. If I had to guess, his future lies at the DH.

I can't shake the feeling that the Cashman and the Yanks are in on Greinke. Definitely feels like the type of power play they'd make, especially with the BoSox making such a splash.
Sign Martin to be your everyday catcher, build a package around Montero, and ship em off to KC for Greinke. 

That gives you the best rotation in baseball (provided they get Lee), while maintaining one of the best offenses, and solving the defensive problems that come from having Posada and Cervelli behind home plate ( the main problem they had against Texas).

We'll see what happens.

Martin is certainly a MUCH better defensive catcher than Posada, Cervelli, or Montero. Of course the Yanks are going to pursue him aggressively. Montero is a live bat, but he has his problems calling games and holding a run game down. If I had to guess, his future lies at the DH.

I can't shake the feeling that the Cashman and the Yanks are in on Greinke. Definitely feels like the type of power play they'd make, especially with the BoSox making such a splash.
Sign Martin to be your everyday catcher, build a package around Montero, and ship em off to KC for Greinke. 

That gives you the best rotation in baseball (provided they get Lee), while maintaining one of the best offenses, and solving the defensive problems that come from having Posada and Cervelli behind home plate ( the main problem they had against Texas).

We'll see what happens.

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

If we give in to Boras and get Beltre...  are we gonna suffer through a couple .255 20 80 seasons before he'll hit .300 when his contract is up?
Yes, if you are lucky.

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

If we give in to Boras and get Beltre...  are we gonna suffer through a couple .255 20 80 seasons before he'll hit .300 when his contract is up?
Yes, if you are lucky.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

"What was in the box? Ah, what's in the box!?"

Downs to the Angels and not Boston
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

"What was in the box? Ah, what's in the box!?"

Downs to the Angels and not Boston
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Scott Downs to the Angels, 3 yrs $15 mil
We were targeting Soriano, Crawford, and to a lesser extent, Adrian Gonzales/Beltre   and we end up with Scott Downs 
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

Oh well, our bullpen was crap last year and we need middle relief

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Scott Downs to the Angels, 3 yrs $15 mil
We were targeting Soriano, Crawford, and to a lesser extent, Adrian Gonzales/Beltre   and we end up with Scott Downs 
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

Oh well, our bullpen was crap last year and we need middle relief

Rumor: I heard the Russell Martin thing is the backup plan in case Lee decides to sign elsewhere ..theyd have to trade Montero for pitching help..

Rumor: I heard the Russell Martin thing is the backup plan in case Lee decides to sign elsewhere ..theyd have to trade Montero for pitching help..

Back
Top Bottom