Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

IMG2456075246614724543.gif

“Blue Line” = Swingman/Legacy?

They sure are piece of crap swingman NHL jerseys.

$200 Swingmans with tags on the front/no tagging on the rear. :smh:

Hopefully authentics come soon.

Need authentic

If I'm not mistaken, I believe I read when Adidas got the NHL license that it made it hard or restrictive for other companies to manufacture NHL apparel in general. Like that's why you can't find any NHL fitted hats at Lids nowadays from what I understand.

The current Adidas deal with NHL seems similar to the Reebok deal with the NFL license from 2001 to 2011 regarding a singular company being able to monopolize on it where other companies weren't able to make a particular league's apparel. That Reebok NFL deal was a nightmare, especially with their fitted hats.

If Mitchell & Ness is able to produce crappy swingman NHL jerseys now, perhaps it's a precursor to authentic versions being available in the future.

Didn't notice till now that they added a few more since the initial release. Just saw they have a Rangers Gretzky. Still not interested. I remember getting a Chelios authentic for around $75 shipped a few years back when they were trying to clear all the NHL items after they lost the license.

To be fair, Adidas NHL "authentics" are kinda doo doo also
You do make a fine point, assuming you're talking about the retail Adidas authentics. I believe these are targeted to the casual fan. Adidas does have the game issued ones (Made in Canada) but they are literally size 58 and you'll be swimming in it. When Reebok had the NHL contract, the Edge 1.0/2.0 were Made in Canada, and nearly identical to their game issued counterparts even down to the details of the fight strap.

You do make a fine point, assuming you're talking about the retail Adidas authentics. I believe these are targeted to the casual fan. Adidas does have the game issued ones (Made in Canada) but they are literally size 58 and you'll be swimming in it. When Reebok had the NHL contract, the Edge 1.0/2.0 were Made in Canada, and nearly identical to their game issued counterparts even down to the details of the fight strap.
For sure. I have an edge 1.0 and the quality is unreal. Love that jersey.

same here.... whenever I ask them they look at me crazy like Im speaking another language smh
Exactly....I've had the same experience and I've went to multiple tailors. They all act like it's a crazy question, and most say they can't do it. The ones that agree to do it like you said they act like they are performing brain surgery for the first time and also they want to charge $45 a pocket. I have at least 20 authentics, I can't afford to pay an extra $90 for all of them. I might as well just got some Dons for that

They snuck this one in?

🔥🔥🔥 I'm tempted to cop these straight up, I've been waiting years for a reup of the College dons they originally made in 2017. These are even better than the first ones they released, if I can't find these anywhere else I'm tempted to cop at full price. If they drop the Carolina dons I'm coppin no hesitation

Exactly....I've had the same experience and I've went to multiple tailors. They all act like it's a crazy question, and most say they can't do it. The ones that agree to do it like you said they act like they are performing brain surgery for the first time and also they want to charge $45 a pocket. I have at least 20 authentics, I can't afford to pay an extra $90 for all of them. I might as well just got some Dons for that
Where in the city you at? I got a guy that does it for $45 a pair in the Bronx on 231st off of Broadway. Been going to him for years. He started off at $30 pair. Who knows what he’ll charge for the next batch I’m dropping off

sounds like they're just all lazy to be honest. I've watched youtube videos on adding pockets. It's not a hard process. Most probably just want to do a super easy job like hemming some pants

Where in the city you at? I got a guy that does it for $45 a pair in the Bronx on 231st off of Broadway. Been going to him for years. He started off at $30 pair. Who knows what he’ll charge for the next batch I’m dropping off
I'm in Harlem....what's the name of the spot? I might have to go up there, another brother on here put me on to his tailor but it was like deep in the North Bronx so I haven't made it up there. I tried all the tailors down Broadway from 2 5th down. There is cleaners/tailor on every block that way, one day I stopped at each one asking them if they could do it, and what I described in the other post was the results of that

Back
Top Bottom