Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

How much bad the piping ? I wish we can see a photo of this jersey on someone

It just doesn't look right to purists. When paying $350 for a jersey, you expect perfection:

shareef-site.jpg

It just doesn't look right to purists. When paying $350 for a jersey, you expect perfection:

shareef-site.jpg
I’d always thought this too, but then I see pictures from the inaugural season with extra wide trim. I think that at least for the 1995-96 the piping is historically accurate. When it comes to the gold logo season though, this detail is incorrect.
E605CE54-9A32-4D08-AF46-371399BE4A81.jpeg

The M&N trim is still way off. If you look at the "W" looking detail, it should flair out. And the "O" looking part of the trim should be more square. As far as sizing, an easy way to compare is how many times the "WO" pattern extends across the trim. The M&N version is only like half the mount, which indicates how much bigger and disproportionate it is.

It's crazy they haven't fixed this and the "PHILA" Sixers trim.

The back number on that Shareef is wrong too. It's from the second set of uniforms the team used. I don't even understand why M&N used it, especially when the front number is correct.

I’d always thought this too, but then I see pictures from the inaugural season with extra wide trim. I think that at least for the 1995-96 the piping is historically accurate. When it comes to the gold logo season though, this detail is incorrect.
E605CE54-9A32-4D08-AF46-371399BE4A81.jpeg
Corrrct. In theoey, that's a different jersey. Shareef wasn't in the league yet. That was Bryant Reeves' rookie year (95-96). The following year was Shareef's rookie year - with the Gold NBA Logo.

Basically, Mitchell and Ness got lazy and just used the same template from the 95-96 inaugural season to Shareef's and Bibby's respective jersey.

Even my adidas swingman shareef jersey is more accurate. You would think they would correct this in an "authentic" jersey

Corrrct. In theoey, that's a different jersey. Shareef wasn't in the league yet. That was Bryant Reeves' rookie year (95-96). The following year was Shareef's rookie year - with the Gold NBA Logo.

Basically, Mitchell and Ness got lazy and just used the same template from the 95-96 inaugural season to Shareef's and Bibby's respective jersey.

Even my adidas swingman shareef jersey is more accurate. You would think they would correct this in an "authentic" jersey

They’re too worried about making their bootleg looking jerseys with all over print and that junk

Agreed 💯. I already have the Reef in the black Vancouver swingman, so if they drop Big Country in authentic again, I’ll probably be all over that.

I noticed some peeps on here have acknowledged shopping at Distant Replays in Georgia when they were in business during the 2000s.

I knew about that store via their old website during the dial-up days. I used to frequent their site to check on all the current throwback jerseys since they carried whatever was popular during that period. It was basically the way I stayed informed on what was out.

I never had interest in ordering from them because they didn't offer deals, which was understandable since they were spoiled with the formality of customers paying $300 apiece for jerseys during the early 2000s.

I believe that store was even used as a setting in a Bow Wow video back in 2003.

The parallels of their business seemed so eerily accurate.

Business was consistent and productive in the early 2000s when stars and regular people frequented that store and paid regular price for the merchandise. The stars who shopped there were plastered in pictures on their website.

But it was crazy how all the authentic stuff was purged from their inventory when I checked their website in the late 2000s. Definitely no stars shown on their website at that juncture. The website was revamped like a MF! It was when people seemed to stop frequenting that store compounded with the fact that throwbacks weren't trendy anymore.

What was really crazy was that they only sold nondescript t-shirts of retro logos on their website by the late 2000s. It was similar to how Starter only made basic t-shirts with team logos that were affordable and were only sold in big-box stores after they filed for bankruptcy in 1999.

I believe that store closed after the late 2000s.

Can anyone who has shopped at Distant Replays share your history or experience with them?

Is there a reason they stopped making the MLB Cooperstown Authentic shorts? For those that own a pair how is the fit? Tried eBay and no luck finding any except a Bluejays pair.
They fit exactly how typical authentic shorts fit. And they have pockets. Wish they'd re-release. There were NHL ones too.

I noticed some peeps on here have acknowledged shopping at Distant Replays in Georgia when they were in business during the 2000s.

I knew about that store via their old website during the dial-up days. I used to frequent their site to check on all the current throwback jerseys since they carried whatever was popular during that period. It was basically the way I stayed informed on what was out.

I never had interest in ordering from them because they didn't offer deals, which was understandable since they were spoiled with the formality of customers paying $300 apiece for jerseys during the early 2000s.

I believe that store was even used as a setting in a Bow Wow video back in 2003.

The parallels of their business seemed so eerily accurate.

Business was consistent and productive in the early 2000s when stars and regular people frequented that store and paid regular price for the merchandise. The stars who shopped there were plastered in pictures on their website.

But it was crazy how all the authentic stuff was purged from their inventory when I checked their website in the late 2000s. Definitely no stars shown on their website at that juncture. The website was revamped like a MF! It was when people seemed to stop frequenting that store compounded with the fact that throwbacks weren't trendy anymore.

What was really crazy was that they only sold nondescript t-shirts of retro logos on their website by the late 2000s. It was similar to how Starter only made basic t-shirts with team logos that were affordable and were only sold in big-box stores after they filed for bankruptcy in 1999.

I believe that store closed after the late 2000s.

Can anyone who has shopped at Distant Replays share your history or experience with them?
No distant replays experience...

But I remember at the height of the jersey era, local stores were selling jerseys between 400-600 bucks... And yes, they were selling.

Long story short.....used 30% one time use code and 20% Costco GCs on an authentic Pedro, Wade and Iverson jerseys. Got $182 (almost 30%) in Fan Cash. Another $38 in Honey cash for the Pedro, and 5% cash back on the rest. 💪
Costco canada have Fanatics Gc ? Or can u buy at the .com site ?

Back
Top Bottom