Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Mitchell and ness made Barkley 76ers years ago. Then they made 2 limited runs years later. They made the red 76ers for an event with the 76ers. I was able to get that jersey in a 56 and the sizes were more abundant. Then a few years later they made a white suns jersey. This run was more limited with less sizes available. I was able to get a 54 the largest size in that jersey. I purchased both of these jerseys from Distant Replays in Atlanta, Ga. Both of these jerseys are legit. Distant Replays was "The Store" for M&N jerseys. They were the store that sold to Outkast, and were even on MTV with Outkast. Outkast was the group that brought the whole throwback game to the people and made it popular. I don't know if that Barkley is authentic but there are authentic Suns Barkleys out there and I have one.

We know they exist

You should post yours up tho

Watching my kids now while moms is shopping. I will later. The only reason Barkley let M & N make these 2 runs was for events in which he was honored by the 76ers and Suns. On the Suns jersey I believe Distant Replays got 7 jerseys total when they normally would get 3 or 4 per size. The 76ers they got like 1 or 2 per size.

Mitchell and ness made Barkley 76ers years ago. Then they made 2 limited runs years later. They made the red 76ers for an event with the 76ers. I was able to get that jersey in a 56 and the sizes were more abundant. Then a few years later they made a white suns jersey. This run was more limited with less sizes available. I was able to get a 54 the largest size in that jersey. I purchased both of these jerseys from Distant Replays in Atlanta, Ga. Both of these jerseys are legit. Distant Replays was "The Store" for M&N jerseys. They were the store that sold to Outkast, and were even on MTV with Outkast. Outkast was the group that brought the whole throwback game to the people and made it popular. I don't know if that Barkley is authentic but there are authentic Suns Barkleys out there and I have one.
Andy from Distant Replays was a real good dude.

I still keep in touch with Andy. We live in same town. I worked for him at Distant Replays 2 days a week for 3 years while I went to law school in the Atl. He kept bugging me to help out saying I knew the product, I was there a lot already and with as much as I bought the discount would be worth it.

I still keep in touch with Andy. We live in same town. I worked for him at Distant Replays 2 days a week for 3 years while I went to law school in the Atl. He kept bugging me to help out saying I knew the product, I was there a lot already and with as much as I bought the discount would be worth it.
I think I bought 30+ jerseys from him between 2001-2004 using the 20% VIP discount.

He got me for well over a hundred and that doesn't include hats t-shirts etc. He jokes that I kept him in business. We go to Ming Moon for lunch every few weeks

Can not say 1 bad thing about Andy at Distant replays, stand up guy.  Him and I have done plenty of business over the years

The 3 differences in the authentic vs non authentic suns jerseys is the NBA logo patch, the korea neck tag is smaller on the non authentic and the the year tag at the bottom has stitching connecting the number, the rest is spot on

Here are more pics of the authentic one

BARKLEY

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f226/Nickslockerroom/NBA/suns92-93barkleywhite.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f226/Nickslockerroom/NBA/suns92-93barkleywhite2.jpg

NASH

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f226/Nickslockerroom/NBA/suns96-97nashwhitea.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f226/Nickslockerroom/NBA/suns96-97nashwhiteb.jpg

sorry i dont know how to embed pics

I have had almost every single M&N made over the years, any questions just ask or if you need to see pics, check out my photobucket

Ordered from Michael k yesterday morning and received my jersey today, impressed with their shipping times.

You must live across the street or something lol. I copped the Kobe asg from them. So far i got shipping email and everything so all systems go.

I was thinking of coping the iverson "phila" but something looks odd about that jersey. looks like it won't fit around the neck and arms holes.

My Garnett rookie has a sizing issue also where there's double layer mesh which makes it fit smaller. So hope the Kobe doesn't have double mesh layers.

Last edited:
You must live across the street or something lol. I copped the Kobe asg from them. So far i got shipping email and everything so all systems go.

I was thinking of coping the iverson "phila" but something looks odd about that jersey. looks like it won't fit around the neck and arms holes.

My Garnett rookie has a sizing issue also where there's double layer mesh which makes it fit smaller. So hope the Kobe doesn't have double mesh layers.

Thats the one with the awful piping. Looks like a headband

Ordered the Griffey jersey from Michael K on Tuesday. Couldn't beat that half off price. Got the jersey Friday. It's perfect.

Can someone explain why these jerseys cost so much and they are not authentic?

Authentic to me means what the players wore on the court/field. So why do these replicas cost a grip, and why are they popular?

Last edited:
There are several different types of jerseys; from highest grade to the lowest:

1) game issued/game worn

2) retail procuts

3) retail authentics

4) swingman/soul/champion replica

5) replicas

The material/grade and accuracy of what mitchell & ness produces would be fitting for #3 or at least they think they are....thus costing about $225-$300 retail. Comparing to Adidas Authentics also cost around $275 to $300 retail. 
Can someone explain why these jerseys cost so much and they are not authentic?

Authentic to me means what the players wore on the court/field. So why do these replicas cost a grip, and why are they popular?

Retail authentics? I'm still confused, take the Champion era for the NBA, M&N wasn't licensed for anything back then, so how do they get to reproduce them?

Back
Top Bottom