Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

The collection…who wants a kith camby large
IMG_9790.jpeg

There's been prior discussion, mostly dislike, of the wide shoulder 76ers jerseys from the 2000s on here.

Although it's not a preferred style for a lot of fans, you basically don't have a choice if you want to wear an Iverson jersey because a majority of his time with the 76ers was spent wearing that design. So you're just going to identify him wearing that style based on memory.

I relented and accepted that style despite not liking wide shoulder jerseys myself because I'm an Iverson fan and opted to have his jerseys in my possession.

Just got these on eBay. I always liked that alternate uniform. They’re a size smaller than the ones I have - but they’re hanging off me now so hopefully these should fit better.

IMG_0774.jpeg

Isn’t that the game wear he wore it but didn’t play?

Yeah I believe we covered this back in the day.

He never played in that game but they still made the jersey.

One of the custom jersey makers was gonna make one for me of the actual one he wore (because of course the M&N version was inaccurate as hell) but guy had me waiting for like 2 years and I couldn't wait any more.

Did Kobe ever actually wear this jersey in 97? I’m only seeing pics in 2003
IMG_7969.jpeg

Isn’t that the game wear he wore it but didn’t play?

Yeah I believe we covered this back in the day.

He never played in that game but they still made the jersey.

One of the custom jersey makers was gonna make one for me of the actual one he wore (because of course the M&N version was inaccurate as hell) but guy had me waiting for like 2 years and I couldn't wait any more.

Yes, as it's been discussed on here previously that he did indeed wear that jersey. But he didn't play in that game.

Teams wore throwback jerseys in then-contemporary mesh material during the 1996-97 season in some games to commemorate the NBA's 50th anniversary.

The Mitchell & Ness version has been screwed up with the font style for the number ever since they made that jersey since the 2000s. They never bothered to rectify the font style.

Yes, as it's been discussed on here previously that he did indeed wear that jersey. But he didn't play in that game.

Teams wore throwback jerseys in then-contemporary mesh material during the 1996-97 season in some games to commemorate the NBA's 50th anniversary.

The Mitchell & Ness version has been screwed up with the font style for the number ever since they made that jersey since the 2000s. They never bothered to rectify the font style.
A collector has the real one he “wore”

Like the post above font is incorrect on the m&n version

Also wish they would remake the 2003 version with the drifit

2003 Lakers HWC version would be so easy for M&N to make. The drift would be nicer than that faux mesh junk used on the ‘96-‘97 version too. They’re just being lazy.

A collector has the real one he “wore”

Like the post above font is incorrect on the m&n version

Also wish they would remake the 2003 version with the drifit

Yeah, I've had confusion with the variables of the throwback blue Lakers jerseys for years.

I assumed the Mitchell & Ness version was correct regarding the font style when I got it in early 2003. I got rid of it in 2020 because it was too damn big for me.

The funny story about that Lakers collector is that I stupidly assumed he had a fake one basing it on the Mitchell & Ness version I had. He basically converted his garage into a museum full of Lakers artifacts.

A fellow user pointed out that he had a legitimate one by providing a video link of that game when the Lakers wore those during the 1996-97 season.

Perhaps Mitchell & Ness was basing it off the 1960s Lakers jerseys when they had that font style and didn't bother to substantiate the more bulky font style that was on the 1996-97 throwback version.

All this has me wondering if any past Lakers jerseys had the bulky font style because I've only seen the more normal looking font style with the shadow numbers. Perhaps Champion got it wrong when they made those for the team in 1996-97.

I forgot to clarify to fenixconnexion. fenixconnexion. that this was the version the Lakers wore during the 2003-04 season because he got it mixed up with the version worn during the 1996-97 season.

Both versions are pretty much identical with the colors and font styles. The only difference is the materials worn between both of those seasons. The 1996-97 version was mesh. The 2003-04 version was Dri•Fit.

Were those just for autograph or actually released?

I know they did Lebron, melo, and darko but only for upper deck to be signed. NOT released

Back
Top Bottom