Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

What sucks is that people will get got by this guy. Used to think the jersey community was well educated (at least here it is), but i went on reddit r/basketballjerseys the other day and it’s full of serious legit checks on obvious fugazis. Younger kids dont seem to have a clue.

Its time for M&N to start introducing anti-counterfeit measures like holograms or something.

People been got by that guy. I've been watching a few of his listings. The Red Miami Heat he sold for $475 plus shipping. Those looked good, but if you know how they're supposed to look you can tell they were fake. All of the stitching and logos were correct with the same high quality embroidering, but the placement of the heat basketball logo was in the wrong spot and the MIAMI on the leg was not slanted. Someone really paid close to $500 shipped for those.

The real authentic ones go for like $900-1.6k. I bought my authentic ones for $750 after chatting with the seller for a while who had them listed at $900. But damn...imagine spending Just Don money to get some fake joints.

whats the difference between the first runs of dons and now? Do they not make them anymore after it’s sold out?

cuz retail price makes me wanna throw up 🤢 but ppl dropping a bag on shorts is crazy not to mention dropping a bag for some fakes

whats the difference between the first runs of dons and now? Do they not make them anymore after it’s sold out?
font size, just don branding (older runs had a Just Don tag in the inner waistband), used to be limited

I find it that most just dont care. They'd rather pay the best price available to them to support their player/team as opposed to being concerned about it being manufacturd by a licensed manufacturer, let alone authentic.

I think it’s a bit of that, and in the case of a company like Nike, self inflicted mistakes on their end.

They treat some of these jerseys like damn sneaker releases. Some authentics are hard to find and some versions they don’t even offer Authentics in. With their NFL line, it’s teams who they haven’t restocked authentics for in months.

Some of this stuff costs to much too. An officially licensed Nike nfl replica retails for $100. For the average sports fan who just wants a jersey of their favorite team or player, it makes more sense for them to get a stitched made in China jersey for $40 over paying $100 for a non stitched replica. Remember these aren’t jersey heads. They aren’t hunting for deals or promos or nothing like that.

Even back in the day before fakes were prevalent, companies like Nike, champion, puma, reebok etc all gradually increased their prices over the years. I’m sure they’re paying a lot for the licensing contracts to make the stuff. But I see why there’s a market for fakes. I personally would never buy that junk. But I see how it would be appealing to the casual buyer.

Contemplating pairing this sweater with the 96 asg shorts.
Screenshot_20210429-141236.png

cuz retail price makes me wanna throw up 🤢 but ppl dropping a bag on shorts is crazy not to mention dropping a bag for some fakes

Exactly what wombat said.

The older ones are limited and the some are friends and family batch. They don't produce them anymore.

It seems like the newer batch is mass produced. Plus some of the newer batch aren't as good as the older run such as the black Miami Heat. The older run had a bigger and wider logo and a wayyyyy bigger heat ball logo embroided on. The MIAMI is not triple stitched, but it's just embroidered on the new run. The tags are different and it feels like the newer run shorts run bigger in size as well.

The fairly recent run which was the blazers, hornets, hawks and timberwolves weren't as mass produced as this latest run either.

What sucks is that people will get got by this guy. Used to think the jersey community was well educated (at least here it is), but i went on reddit r/basketballjerseys the other day and it’s full of serious legit checks on obvious fugazis. Younger kids dont seem to have a clue.

Its time for M&N to start introducing anti-counterfeit measures like holograms or something.

This sounds like a great idea, until we see them tack on a 2x5in holo tag on top of that billboard currently on authentics :lol:

No problem. I just packed them up and shipped them ****s back lol...in hindsight I should've bought the Bulls or the Warriors...those ones looked wayyy better quality and from his pics, I couldn't tell the difference between my authentic ones and his. I'm sure if I had them in hand I could've did a close up comparison to see the differences. I would try to buy it to examine, but I doubt he'll send me another after buying and returning these lol.

Also watch out. There is some clown on grailed selling these exact shorts (suns) as well as others that are fake and he's pricing them high as hell. He also has 100% feedback with about 12 transactions. He's the same guy who sold the fake red miami heat shorts for like $480 and I checked and some poor buyer actually bought them smh...

The BSTN site is good for some of the stuff that is sold out here in the states. I wanted the blue wolves just dons and was on search for quite a while and saw them on BSTN, but not in my size. I woulda snagged those quick as they're selling above retail. I had to pay $600 shipped when I finally found a pair in my size so the BSTN is still a good deal after the hefty shipping if anyone is on the fence. Just be weary of custom fees since the retail of these shorts are a lot...
I hate mfers that sell UA/fakes and the resale is high :smh:. That's why I ask a bunch of questions and eventually check it out if I buy it. Fake people getting greedy and legit resellers with legit stuff asking higher prices.

750 for shorts is wild

LMAOOO. Well retail was what? $450? and you can't buy them anymore and they're rare AF. There was another seller for $1,200 and another for $1,500 and the past sold one went for about 1k. Given the retail of the shorts, $750 wasn't too bad, plus I got money to blow as I make good money.

How much can I get for these NWT Just Don Timberwolves shorts, sz. L? I was planning to break em out this summer but if they going for over a stack then I’ll gladly reconsider :lol:

Those definitely are not going for a stack. Only the first runs, older production and friends and family sniffing that kind of money. To give you a ballpark figure, I paid $525 shipped for my brand new timberwolves just dons in my size. I would say the market value for those are about $500 give or take, in reality is basically retail plus tax/shipping. Keep in mind BSTN has those shorts in stock still, but bigger sizes, I didn't check but they might have L/XL in stock.

Any of the recent Just Dons, I wouldn't pay a cent over at least 30% off which is $280 per pair. Sometimes you can get for 40 or 50% off which is a no brainer for me.

Unrelated to the shorts priced for God’s and Kings thread. Any of y’all played basketball with randos even shootarounds? I was too nice to say, no but now I think I ****** up cause the guy was some anti vax weirdo, I’m vax and was masked..and it was just a shoot around but dang..

Edit: yeah I’m gonna die.

Back
Top Bottom