Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

I think Ima rock with 48 I'm like 6'4 but slim but all u experts confirm its mainly length diff

I'm 6'8. The cuts on these jerseys are just random. 52's are cool for me but are a slim fit. But if I go to 56 the length is almost like a dress. Dah well. Good luck to everyone tomorrow.

All three are bangers. What brand is the Barkley?

The Barkley im unsure of who made it, but the seller said they made a very small run years ago. There's a size 52 on eBay that was slightly more expensive than this one was that looked slightly better than this one (wider mesh holes, less space inside the O on Phoenix, and the Barkley is more arched on that jersey). But after buying it and having it altered from a 52 to a 44, I'd be looking at $350. I can live with the slight historical inconsistencies with this one. I've wanted this jersey since 1992 when I saw Charles wear it on a sports illustrated cover

Dope.

I don't even remember Charles playing in this jersey. As when he went to Phoenix, they changed to the newer unis.

And here's the cover you mention...
View media item 1892289

Last edited:
I'm guessing a high level custom. The O in PHOENIX is missing the little spikes (to make it 100% authentic)

Some would argue high level customs are nearly at the same level as "fakes". But I dont totally agree with that.

TO be clear
it was probably a jersey blank made as close to possible as that shop could make it. Quality is probably nearly that of authentic. Not trying to hate. I had a custom Jason Williams (I bought as authentic) years ago. It's tough to distinguish with all the snakes out there

Last edited:
I'm guessing a high level custom. The O in PHOENIX is missing the little spikes (to make it 100% authentic)

Some would argue high level customs are nearly at the same level as "fakes". But I dont totally agree with that.

TO be clear
it was probably a jersey blank made as close to possible as that shop could make it. Quality is probably nearly that of authentic. Not trying to hate. I had a custom Jason Williams (I bought as authentic) years ago. It's tough to distinguish with all the snakes out there

Yeah I'm pretty sure a sports shop made a small run and tried to get it as close as possible. The inside of the O has a wider opening as well. This jersey has been on my hunt list for years and I'm glad I found a near perfect replication of it.

Barkley never wore this jersey in the regular season. He only wore it during the pre season. Because of this I doubt that Mitchell and Ness would ever make it. I don't know why Charles Barkley refuses to sign a longer term contract with Mitchell and Ness, seeing as how MJ has one. Part of me wishes I bought that size 52 i saw on eBay but that size would look like a dress on me lol

Yeah I'm pretty sure a sports shop made a small run and tried to get it as close as possible. The inside of the O has a wider opening as well. This jersey has been on my hunt list for years and I'm glad I found a near perfect replication of it.

Barkley never wore this jersey in the regular season. He only wore it during the pre season. Because of this I doubt that Mitchell and Ness would ever make it. I don't know why Charles Barkley refuses to sign a longer term contract with Mitchell and Ness, seeing as how MJ has one. Part of me wishes I bought that size 52 i saw on eBay but that size would look like a dress on me lol

Yes, this makes sense. Was wondering if the SI cover was from a preseason game. Love that style from the Suns.

Yes, this makes sense. Was wondering if the SI cover was from a preseason game. Love that style from the Suns.

Me too, I would buy a 1991 Kevin Johnson jersey in that style at retail, no questions asked. It's one of my favorite jerseys period because of how retro the Phoenix font actually looks

ray allen big buck...sold out
steve smith hawks...sold out
heat alonzo mourning red...sold out
sixers julius erving...sold out

matter of fact...not a jersey (basketball) 48 and below in store says 2 sales people

LMAO

Back
Top Bottom