Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

New pickup: 1945 Jimmie Foxx Philadelphia Phillies Mitchell and Ness jersey, size Large. This is the 1990s version of this jersey, which has a slightly different font on the #4 than the later version. I love the "Blue Jay" bird patch on the sleeve. The Phillies used this style from 1944-1945, and abandoned it when it did not go over well.

PhiladelphiaPhilliesMN1.jpeg
PhiladelphiaPhilliesMN2.jpeg

Thanks for bringing that to his attention. I didnt want to be the bearer of bad news but these shorts with improper logo placement are unacceptable. The whole batch of shorts and Kobe jerseys with this problem should be left of shelves until they are discounted for 75% off. Better off wearing swingmans than these ruined classics

850F2B10-4AA8-44FF-BE50-D72A4BD2D4D1.gif

you stop that sir.

Someone post the old run of proper placement JW nba logo on lakers shorts. I’m not seeing it. I see it on the jerseys tho.

Someone post the old run of proper placement JW nba logo on lakers shorts. I’m not seeing it. I see it on the jerseys tho.
I mean in the pic its damn near in the middle of the leg :lol:

should be closer to the purple trim

Like em all. Got the shorts and the jersey in purple, but that hat is hard. Never seen that one before.
Grabbed from Lids. Might only be in Toronto or Canada? Not sure. They had black and red as well. Wanted the black but was sold out my size.

Although I mentioned I was down with the "you shouldn't wear a jersey of a rival of your favorite team" unwritten rule earlier, I'm not innocent honestly because I have worn and possessed jerseys of legitimate rivals during the 2000s. I'm guilty of being dumb for that.

I admit I stupidly got them because they were definitely under retail for me and some I assumed I was getting cheap off eBay but realized I overpaid for not being patient on there.

I actually got jerseys of permanent rivals of the Lakers, Raiders, and Dodgers!

Have any of y'all gotten a jersey of a rival of your favorite team in the past and regretted it? Please feel free to elaborate. You won't be shamed for opening up like that.

Im a native Bay Area guy (49ers, Giants & Warriors in order) and I never worn any rival jerseys for other NFL & MLB teams. Im 100% sure I won't wear Raiders, Cowboys, A's or Dodgers gear lol.

As far as NBA, even though Im a Warriors fan first, I did state a few pages ago that MJ, Kobe, Iverson, Tmac, etc were my childhood heroes so I got their jerseys and shoes as opposed to Warriors gear lol. The Warriors were awful after the TMC era and lacked any Star player during my childhood before the Warriors traded for Baron Davis. So yeah I guess I owned a rival Lakers jersey back then only because of Kobe. I never considered them rivals back then tho because the Warriors sucked lol.

I will say I was so close to copping a Cavaliers Lebron swingman jersey like 4 years ago from TJ max for $20, but only because of the cheap clearance price LOL. Glad I passed tho:lol:

^ nope. as I said before If the jersey looks good and is for the low low. Ill get it. Im not a Lakers, Cowgirls , Pats and spurs fan. But If its for the Low I'll wear it. It doesn't matter to me and its not that serious

Thanks for your honesty about your approach. There are some like you who wear stuff if it's stylish to them. You're in the neutral I see.

I choose to go with that dress code I mentioned because I'm a sports zealot at heart and have devoted my loyalty to my mentioned teams.

Im a native Bay Area guy (49ers, Giants & Warriors in order) and I never worn any rival jerseys for other NFL & MLB teams. Im 100% sure I won't wear Raiders, Cowboys, A's or Dodgers gear lol.

As far as NBA, even though Im a Warriors fan first, I did state a few pages ago that MJ, Kobe, Iverson, Tmac, etc were my childhood heroes so I got their jerseys and shoes as opposed to Warriors gear lol. The Warriors were awful after the TMC era and lacked any Star player during my childhood before the Warriors traded for Baron Davis. So yeah I guess I owned a rival Lakers jersey back then only because of Kobe. I never considered them rivals back then tho because the Warriors sucked lol.

I will say I was so close to copping a Cavaliers Lebron swingman jersey like 4 years ago from TJ max for $20, but only because of the cheap clearance price LOL. Glad I passed tho:lol:

Thanks for divulging your origin.

I definitely will never wear Giants gear because I hate them as a Dodgers fan. Damn, I'm going to miss going to Dodger Stadium when Giants visit annually because it got acrimonious for me as a fan due to my seating habits in 2019.

I actually have a 49ers 75th Anniversary Jerry Rice jersey now despite being a Raiders fan! I'm sure it's weird to most, but I never saw the 49ers as rivals because Raiders were in L.A. when I began watching NFL. And I was a fan of Joe Montana & Rice too.

I got a 1989 49ers Montana jersey in January 2003, but didn't realize it was too damn big and long until years later despite it being my preferred size 52. I was able to purge it last year and get another jersey that I ultimately turned into a white 1991-92 Bulls Jordan jersey thankfully!

Trust me, Lakers & Warriors weren't ever rivals nor will they be based on their divergent histories.

Run TMC was briefly good but couldn't get far and they got blown up unfortunately. I actually liked Chris Mullin. Tim Hardaway was cool too.

That navy and orange Warriors uniform era sucked from the start! I mean Latrell Sprewell choked the coach early in the 1997-98 season! Jason Richardson was a high fly act they tried to sell as a superstar. The best thing they did during that era was beat the no. 1 seed Mavericks as a no. 8 seed in 2007. The crazy thing is it was Steph Curry's rookie year during the last year they wore those uniforms.

Cool jersey choices on your part though.

I wonder if those Just Don Lakers away shorts will come with the misplaced nba logo too, I would be heated if they did lol

Back
Top Bottom