Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

They never made shorts for that year but the rainbow color panels on the 1987-88 Alex English nuggets jersey is made of material while the 1991-92 mutombo its just subliminated into the jersey.

Perhaps the shorts from the 80’s had separate color panels. I’d have to try to find some close up pics of them wearing them though.

Man...Mutumbo on the Nuggets is so epic. This picture is ingrained into my brain.
02_Nuggets_SuperSonics.jpg

It's awesome that it wasn't done in the rainbow jerseys as it makes the jersey he was wearing also very desirable. It's a nice shade of blue too.

They never made shorts for that year but the rainbow color panels on the 1987-88 Alex English nuggets jersey is made of material while the 1991-92 mutombo its just subliminated into the jersey.

Perhaps the shorts from the 80’s had separate color panels. I’d have to try to find some close up pics of them wearing them though.
Looks like a detail M&N got correct.
gettyimages-670728324.jpg

vs
maxresdefault.jpg
Through them them in spoilers since the pictures are so freaking large.

Looking at the English jersey, even the Nuggets name on the jersey is it's own logo. That's got to be an uncomfortable wear...makes WAY more sense to sublimate the Nuggets name plate into jersey.

Looking at the English jersey, even the Nuggets name on the jersey is it's own logo. That's got to be an uncomfortable wear...makes WAY more sense to sublimate the Nuggets name plate into jersey.

I had both Alex English jerseys during the jersey era. Between that rainbow on it paneled in along with the name nuggets sewn in along with the nameplate for the last name on the back. Those jerseys were a little heavy. Cool to wear fashion wise but I could imagine uncomfortable on the court.

I don't mind the just don shorts but personally it's not for me
I can see why people like them tho.

I like the shorts to look exactly like the og ones

The nets just don shorts are the only ones I would consider

Last edited:
What is the story behind that nuggets jersey

I've always wondered about that.

1981-82 Nuggets management wanted a reset so they put out a open design contest for the next uniform. The winner was never announced but the inspiration was a rainbow which was to represent a new and fresh start behind a Tetris block Denver skyline which was set behind the Rocky Mtns.

Still salty my dry cleaners messed up my English on the altering. The rainbow is not lined up correctly but you can't tell unless you stare at it lol

Just goes to show sellers feedback doesn’t mean anything. Dude with a 100% feedback selling fufu’s

Yup. Most people won’t know the difference and will think they’re getting a deal though. Feedback is a help but I never go straight off of that when getting jerseys on the bay.

Back
Top Bottom