Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

So did they not use the material they used on the shorts? Or was that material wrong as well?
The mesh on the shorts was the correct material

Never used micromesh with any version of that jersey

Micro mesh was only used the first few years with the white/blue jerseys aka what Garnett wore his rookie year

After that it was regular mesh

Micro mesh was only used the first few years with the white/blue jerseys aka what Garnett wore his rookie year

Thanks. At first glance I thought it was was the same material they used for the shorts. I didn’t remember anyone saying anything about the shorts so I was confused. Sucks because I’ve been waiting on a Marbury

Maybe the Wizards have to sign off on things too, and are (still) not cool with the Jordan era?

I remember back after they got rid of MJ, literally the day after they completely removed all signs he was ever a part of the Wizards organization (ie. took down any and all pictures of him in the building). Guess him un-retiring messed with their plans, failing to make playoffs but not bad enough for a good lottery pick.

Sheesh

That was when Abe Pollin was the owner. Does Ted Leonsis have beef with Mike as well?

When does Mitchell and ness do their next big 40% off online sale usually?

I believe there's one around Memorial Day and 4th of July but they're not 40%. Should be an in-store, phone order only sale at the flagship coming up later this year too.

Last edited:
I keep forgetting considering its the same schedule every year, but I believe the next one isn't until Black Friday. I believe there's one around Memorial Day and 4th of July but they're not 40%. Should be an in-store, phone order only sale at the flagship coming up later this year too.

Yea did the phone in order today for their 50% in store sale. Took forever to get 3 MLB jerseys because they put me on hold while they looked. Felt like they searched the whole philly area before they got back to me. Plus they didn’t have half of the jerseys I was looking for. Sucks their website and the physical location stock aren’t tied together.

I think Father’s Day is 40% off

Good. Will be on the look out and let the wife and family know lol.

They didn’t use that micromesh material when the Timberwolves wore those jerseys.

I don't think this is fully correct. Yes, they did use micromesh in the uniform in the JR Rider/ Rookie KG uni years. Then in 96, they switched to the uniform with the trees as trim. Initially, when they switched in 96, yeah they used the usual mesh. However, I have an authentic KG in that style of jersey (which I bought directly from the physical NBA store), and it has micromesh. They switched to it when they had the reebok contract later on, but M&N didn't use the correct mesh to match the year Marbury was there. I know teams would switch mesh types year to year in their uniforms. I do recall noticing teams would move away from traditional mesh to micromesh and durasheen material. I know the Bulls did this in their uniforms in the early to mid 2000's and I HATED that detail change.

https://www.nba.com/timberwolves/look-history-timberwolves-jerseys

I have the originals. the rookie 95-96 is micromesh, the 96-97 is regular mesh. they screwed up.

Minnesotta1.jpg
Minnesotta3.jpg

Yeah the tree trim era was always mesh.

When Starter took over, they started using a silkier mesh, which had smaller holes and a little sheen to the material (Champion still made them the first year of the makeover). But it was never micromesh on authentics or gamers. Only replicas by then. They messed up big time.

91C165C4-9087-4D07-AB74-62B535A06020.jpeg

4C2D72B3-C78E-4EBB-AE5C-06CBB213CB86.jpeg

Correct, I had the first year Reebok. It was normal mesh but it had a sheen to it, was NEVER micromesh

So the jersey is incorrect and never existed

So I'm confused then, what is the definition of micromesh then? Smaller mesh holes? I have the silkier reebok version too, but the mesh holes are smaller than the jersey in 96. Is that not the definition of micromesh?

So I'm confused then, what is the definition of micromesh then? Smaller mesh holes? I have the silkier reebok version too, but the mesh holes are smaller than the jersey in 96. Is that not the definition of micromesh?

Good question and I thought this might be the confusion. Micromesh is the material you see in the old champion and Reebok replica jerseys. Micromesh was used by some teams on court, like the early 90s Knicks/Wolves, and were often double layered on gamers.

Here’s a pics. Mircromesh replica on left. 2001 Reebok authentic on right.
D557BA9D-F451-4FC3-8BB8-6DBB22AF33DD.jpeg

Last edited:
Good question and I thought this might be the confusion. Micromesh is the material you see in the old champion and Reebok replica jerseys. Micromesh was used by some teams on court, like the early 90s Knicks/Wolves, and were often double layered on gamers.

Here’s a pics. Mircromesh replica on left. 2001 Reebok authentic on right.
D557BA9D-F451-4FC3-8BB8-6DBB22AF33DD.jpeg

Thank you. I know I read somewhere over the years that it meant smaller mesh holes, but there you can definitely see it's not just the size of the mesh, but there is a difference in the material.

I'm all in on a Garnett black or blue trees jersey. I loved that design when it came out. I missed out on the rookie jersey but its kinda boring anyway...

Micromesh is the super small holes, and is like the material found on champion and reebok early 2000s replicas, only the authentic version of micromesh is thicker. On the front of my KG, there's two layers of micromesh, while the back only has one. (In the bottom left of the pic I pulled apart the two layers).

IMG_1107.jpeg

I agree, I prefer the regular road Marbury/Garnett over the alternate. Why can't they just do that?

Back
Top Bottom