Official Minnesota Timberwolves 2012 Off-Season Thread ... Andrei Kirilenko signed for 2 years/20 mi

16170812-rage-gif-.gif

I've already been to 11 T'Wolves games this season
laugh.gif
.... it'll be 13 when we play the Sixers next Sunday.
pimp.gif

Poor effort against the Mavs... and to not beat the Knicks is absolutely unacceptable. We had control of the game the entire way, but we just pissed it away. I obviously feel fortunate to have Adelman, but I thought one of the MAIN reasons we brought him in is because he could get a young team to win those close, tight-knit games? Well, is he really helping in that regard when we come out and put up that awful shot with 01.5 remaining? That was embarrassing. No other way to put it.

I don't care that Adelman doesn't care who starts and who doesn't... Wes Johnson shouldn't see the floor period. We need to stop forcing a round peg into a square hole. Wes is nothing more than bust.

I'm fine bringing in J.R. Smith if it means Beasley packing his bags. I'm not on board with having the personalties of BOTH those guys on the team at the same time, even if it's just for half a season. I can tolerate one of those personalties on a team, not two.

Orlando on Monday... GOTTA come out ready to play. Hopefully we have Darko back. He will really help when it comes to manning up Dwight Howard. At the very least he'll be a big body to throw at the best center in the league. Gameplanning against Ryan Anderson is also a "must". He's a lethal weapon that can attack a team in many different aspects.

Have to pick it up.

From Steve Kyler of Hoopsworld:

Steve Kyler @stevekylerNBA
RT @Kylerhay: Sources JR Smith is leaning to sign with Lakers --> Not sure its to that point yet. Clips, NYK and Min in the mix

If you're a Wolves fan, I'm sure you've already seen this, but just in case you missed out, the latest and greatest from the Point Magician that is Ricky Rubio:

And tDot, I was singing that all night the other evening. "Where in the world is?" And then a real monotone: "Nee-ko-luh, Pek-oh-vich." Was driving my wife insane haha

Man fell asleep like in the middle of the 3rd because the game was getting sloppy. Nice win though.

I was at the game tonight,that boy Rubio was killin it in the 1st half.Love closing the game
with his FT.

Yep, great win. Those nail biters have been in full force this year! Nice to see us close one out against a playoff-caliber team.

I feel good about tonight with the fact that Gallinari is still out and I believe Nene might be too? Back to back on the road though, we'll see how the energy level is. If they're not flat, could be another good game/win vs Denver.

We will also "get" to see again how good Lawson would look in place of Luke in the starting lineup
ohwell.gif

Great win last night, awesome to be there. My 13th game I've been to this season 
9fe161108059eb46bb468c17a5afaadf98c8918e_r.gif
Gunna be a while before I go to another one though 
grin.gif

Rubio with a career high in points, team was 23/26 from the foul stripe, etc. Lots of things to be proud of.

The Sixers are the top defensive team in the NBA, impressive win.

Haha, nice pic!

Read on Twitter today from Steve Kyler (of Hoopsworld) that the Wolves have "real interest" in Kevin Martin.

I like Kevin Martin's game a lot, but he's so damn injury prone. I'd be wary, but if they got him and he was able to stay healthy...Oh, damn!

Lakers have spoken to the Timberwolves regarding their interest in forward Michael Beasley.

By CHRIS BROUSSARD

While we may not see many trades occur before the week of the March 15 deadline, discussions are taking place in front offices throughout the league.

Here's some of the scuttlebutt I've heard:

The Lakers' front office knows Kobe Bryant is looking for it to improve the roster, and GM Mitch Kupchak has been working the phones. He's spoken to Minnesota about Michael Beasley, and sources say the Lakers are intrigued by the Timberwolves' small forward. The Lakers were actually in discussions with Minnesota about a potential trade for Beasley before the season started. If they would have been able to pull off the deal for Chris Paul, there is a good chance that a trade for Beasley would have followed.

It's not clear what the Lakers would give Minnesota for Beasley (if indeed the talks get that far), but the Lakers could absorb Beasley into their $8.9 million trade exception while giving up a draft pick or cash. I'm told the teams have not spoken about Pau Gasol since the preseason. Minnesota is looking to move Beasley, who they feel has matured very little (if at all) since he's been there, according to sources. The Lakers believe they can handle a player like Beasley because of their winning culture and the leadership of Bryant.

I'm down with trading Beasley for $8.9 million to use towards FA in the offseason.

P.S. - That 2nd quarter was disgusting.

%%#$, hope Pekovic is okay.

If we're going to lose, let it not be in the hands of Corey Brewer or Kosta Koufos?

Tonight was frustrating. It's not Martell or Luke's fault... nobody played well.
Lakers are interested in Beas? Let's find a way to get either Darko or Wes' clunker contracts over there too. And pick up Matt Barnes.

Back
Top Bottom