OFFICIAL @MIAMIDOLPHINS 2016 PLAYOFFS! THREAD (10-6) :::: NEXT: WILDCARD Vs @STEELERS 1:00PM EST CB

I just found it...
For a solid 30 minutes just been laughing going back in the timeline.
Laughed at almost every single post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good read CP. I don't think Carr would've done much better behind that OL Philbin was producing

Taking in a lot of info on the new coach, wondering about the potential DC hires. More important than OC since Gase will call plays.

My frustration with #17 is part troll, part I hate the dude's face, and part I'm still mad we missed out on the once in a generation QB prospect. We were so close to it, just continue the 0-7 start and it's there for the taking. No, we fired Tony mid-season (where they do that at?) and somehow the team goes on a tear and moves down to 8th overall.

Then we draft this guy and bring his college coach in. Mediocre season, miss the playoffs, fine. We're putting him out there with scrubs like Hartline, sure would've been nice to have Brandon Marshall to throw to. Then we say, he needs more WR talent! Gets the best deep threat in football, still no luck. Screws the pooch on the last 2 games of the season, good lord that was terrible.

Sherman gets fired, he's the problem! The whiz kid Lazor is brought in, the Chip Kelly disciple, the chosen one. Fix the line dummies! Brandon Albert is brought in, Jawuan James is drafted, you have a Pro Bowl center, well that's it! Nope, Wallace and Gibson blow, they need to be replaced! Go get Landry in the draft, bring in a TE, Fasano isn't good enough, Clay isn't worth the money! Boom, Pro Bowl TE Cameron appears.

Injuries, drops, bad line play, sure. QB absolved of blame from certain guys. So in 4 years of no playoffs, it's not just the QB's fault. It's A-Z. Ireland fired, Hickey fired, QB is on his 3rd GM.

3 GM's, 3 head coaches, 3 OC's, 45 different WR's, 5 TE's, 210303494 different linemen. Program is overall garbage, but I thought it was build around the QB?

So this is it. It has to be. QB plays well in 2016, 9-7 at the worst. Teams are turning it around all the time, look at the 2008 Dolphins, 1-15 to 11-5. Just get it done in 2016. Or #17 must go.

You say he takes no blame, I 100% disagree.

He took all the blame. But because their were x factors in that blame (Philbin, Play calling, the worst offensive line, drops on drops on drops, defense couldn't stop the common cold) and that was called out at the same time... people feel (like you) it absolves RT from his mistakes. It doesn't, his mistakes aren't the bigger problem with everything though.

There was like a solid 8 problems before RT.

We win 7, or 8 last year?

RT had lead vs GB, Philbin calls 2 TO to help Rodgers, L.
RT had lead AT Det, Clay drops TD, settle for FG, Def gives up last second TD, L.
RT had 11 point lead AT Denver, D collapses, L.
RT had 24-14 lead vs Jets, Wallace tantrum, benched, Geno has perfect 158.3 rating, L.

Ryan Tannehill "never had a winning season".

Blame the QB.

Again, its not me saying he played perfect games, or dominated, or any of that. He did his job. He had second half leads each of these games. He put the team in position to beat Aaron, Peyton, Stafford, and Geno. And all four times, Ryan "lost".

How do you view this, objectively, and blame the Quarterback? He did HIS job, why can't the rest do theirs?

I will NEVER forgive Philbin calling timeouts late in the 4th quarter with a running clock, TWICE vs GB. Despicable. :smh:

I really like the Gase hire. If we give him time, I think he can really turn things around for us.

He probably didn't want to be there/wanted a bigger role than given.

You say he takes no blame, I 100% disagree.

He took all the blame. But because their were x factors in that blame (Philbin, Play calling, the worst offensive line, drops on drops on drops, defense couldn't stop the common cold) and that was called out at the same time... people feel (like you) it absolves RT from his mistakes. It doesn't, his mistakes aren't the bigger problem with everything though.

There was like a solid 8 problems before RT.

Yep, and the house has been cleaned. I can't blame Ireland anymore, or Hickey, or Jon Martin, or Mike Wallace, or Joe Philbin, or Mike Sherman, or Bill Lazor, Incognito, Wheeler, etc.

Ryan needs 2 new OG's and some healthy tackles, but the WR talent and TE talent is there. Would be nice to bring real competition in for the guy too, I keep reading about that

We win 7, or 8 last year?

RT had lead vs GB, Philbin calls 2 TO to help Rodgers, L.
RT had lead AT Det, Clay drops TD, settle for FG, Def gives up last second TD, L.
RT had 11 point lead AT Denver, D collapses, L.
RT had 24-14 lead vs Jets, Wallace tantrum, benched, Geno has perfect 158.3 rating, L.

Ryan Tannehill "never had a winning season".

Blame the QB.

Again, its not me saying he played perfect games, or dominated, or any of that. He did his job. He had second half leads each of these games. He put the team in position to beat Aaron, Peyton, Stafford, and Geno. And all four times, Ryan "lost".

How do you view this, objectively, and blame the Quarterback? He did HIS job, why can't the rest do theirs?

I will NEVER forgive Philbin calling timeouts late in the 4th quarter with a running clock, TWICE vs GB. Despicable. :smh:

Philbin, the defense, Wallace drops, look it's all been a problem. But there have been games Tannehill lost himself, i.e. those last 2 games against the Bills/Jets, Dallas game this season with that pick 6 to start off, etc.

He did his job last year, I'm not sure what happened to the defense but they were absolute chokers

A pick six, in Q1 does not cost you a game. Especially when you tie it up at 14, and later they had that ref gaffe on the KO. (Remember Landry stepping out while touching the ball?) We got it inside the 5, rather than the 40. That altered the game more than one bad play in the first quarter.

And the entire team went to sleep vs Buffalo/NYJ. Not Ryan. The entire roster. Staff, players, towel boys, all of them.

And your "blame game" is nonsensical. You can't dismiss Ireland, Hickey, Philbin imprint cuz they're gone, now. Doesn't mean the next set of issues are all fixed now. That's not how it works. Hell, Incognito and Vontae Davis on this team, today, would be amazing, no??????? :nerd:

It's not a cheat sheet you go down lookin for the next name to blame. That's not how it works man.

mean.gif
 if this coach dont work out 

HC Adam Gase

DC Vance Joseph

WR Shawn Jefferson
TE Shane Day
OL Chris Foerster
LB Matt Burke

First bad mark, Foerster apparently sucks, bad. So an already bad OLine with a bad coach? :\

He had some good lines in SF... worst is stretching it.

Scheme + Head Coaching will determine how things go. See Harbaugh.

Unless I am missing something.

just fyi Chris Foerster didn't work with harbaugh

our lines were atrocious this year. however, we did not have the personnel to run his zone scheme, so i wouldn't draw any conclusions based on what he did here. i think he did a good job in washington. 

i think you guys have assembled a pretty damn good staff so far.

Last edited:
Rams to LA hurts us.

We play At LA
At SD
At Sea

That's three cross country games. Typically auto L's.

Off the top of my head recently, we've won at home vs SD, Seattle, Oakland, SF.

We lost at SD and at SF.

Gonna be real tough. :frown:

Back
Top Bottom