Official Mens Suits Thread ---- Post all Questions and Tips here...

Originally Posted by chermy23

Jos. A Banks is where it's at. Beleive that. Great classic style and they have crazy half off sales all the time, just keep your eyes open. Paul Fredrick has some dope shirts as well
If you have the $$ hit up Brooks Brothers, can't go wrong with any of that.

yo I`m like 6'3 220-230 Athletic Build

I never copped a suit online, and everytime I got a suit rented or what ever, I just went in and got fitted and they had the suit for me.
I wanna hop on this J.A Banks sell, how the hell do I know what size I need to cop, because I don't know crap about how to read suit sizes.

so im thinking of buying this blazer, want to wear it to a family event, the promblem is that i have never wore a blazer
embarassed.gif
so what kind of pants and shoes should go with this?,
i was thinking some black jeans and some true white sk8 hi's, until my cousins started clowing
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif
any advice on what to wear with this?
14ih1yr.jpg

Originally Posted by KiiidThrash

so im thinking of buying this blazer, want to wear it to a family event, the promblem is that i have never wore a blazer
embarassed.gif
so what kind of pants and shoes should go with this?,
i was thinking some black jeans and some true white sk8 hi's, until my cousins started clowing
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif
any advice on what to wear with this?
14ih1yr.jpg
Navy chino's with a light colored polo.

Definitely loafers or driving mocs, brown ones. You can go with some white sneakers too but nothing huge and bulky like AF1's or any basketball shoe.

Like dude said Navy Chinos, with a nice dress shirt and Navy base tie with some Loafers *I prefer Tassle Loafers*

You guys put together a nice outfit. I might have to hit you all up if I'm ever in a bind.
smile.gif

I did have a question though- on this look:

00006f.jpg

...is there a certain type of jeans that I should try¿ I'm not wearing anything sagging or anything, but I was just wondering if there was a specific cutthat I might need to try out.

I always liked the look with jeans, and I've tried it a few times with good reviews. I just figure you could always clean it up a lil more.

^^^ Some slim jeans (not skinny) would work fine with it, as long as the bottom aren't too tapered in but aren't too loose either. I've reallystepped away from jeans and moves on to cotton pants or chinos. I just like the look much better, with that said, if you can't find jeans that goes wellwith it, a khaki or slightly darker khaki would work well with that navy blazer. I also like the dark grey chino's with that blazer but it might be harderto pull off.

I have a pair of khaki's that I've done before. I might have to look into some of the dark grey chinos...

Note to anyone trying this style: NOT EVERY SNEAKER WILL WORK WITH THIS OUTFIT!!! I've had the (dis)pleasure of seeing folks withSpiz'Ikes and other weird sneakers with the blazer on. I don't know what's up with some people. Maybe I should point them to this thread...
laugh.gif

In general, basketball shoes is very hard to pull off casually unless your wearing sweats or basketball shorts. In some jeans, it works, but for the most part,basketball shoes doesn't work for this kind of look, even if it is Concords XI.

Yo, KiiiThrash, you can also wear these boat shoes with your Blazer...boat shoes are a classic. They are casual yetclassy at the same time.

131810_261.jpg
131810_41.jpg

Originally Posted by I Got A Story To tell

so tall and lanky, my suit, it should thank me.

mens wearhouse FTW!

169m8si.jpg

Thats a good fit but u gotta show some more cuff thats important

Originally Posted by Vince Dirty

Originally Posted by I Got A Story To tell

so tall and lanky, my suit, it should thank me.

mens wearhouse FTW!

169m8si.jpg

Thats a good fit but u gotta show some more cuff thats important
As an additional suggestion, the jacket waist needs to be taken in as well. He looks real skinny and there are way too much room on that jacket by thetorso. It looks like the shoulder is a tad big as well, it looks like it could be taken in about a size as well, but then again he could just have some realbroad shoulder.

where can i go to get a cheap but good looking jacket?

i have the shirt and pants

yea i got some wide shoulders, but im skinny as hell.

fit real tight in the shoulders, but kinda loose in the torso.

some guy with spray on hair took my measurements, what do you expect lol.

Originally Posted by cq45

where can i go to get a cheap but good looking jacket?

i have the shirt and pants
A suit jacket or sportcoat? If you looking for a suit jacket, chances are it will look horrible because the pants and jacket will not match. If yourgetting a sportcoat, you should not match the color with your pants. Overall, I would suggest to just buy a whole new suit.

Back
Top Bottom