Official: Mayweather vs Hatton Dec 8, 2007 Post!!!

Ricky by no way is underestimateing floyd or his power he has trained maybe the hardest Ive ever seen and his team have a game plan for him carefullyconstructed from tape,over here in the UK our press isnt biased towards Ricky for the fight they keep it real.Mayweather is a great boxer has all the tools anda great chin but this doesnt mean he impossible to beat nobody is I just want to see Floyds reaction to the first solid body shot he recieves from Ricky thenwe will see how much of a chance Ricky has, because IF Ricky can hurt him Floyds in trouble.Rickys gonna have to take his punches he knows this but hes gonnabe a man possesed on a mission in there but can Floyd take Rickys precise painfull shots to the body that we have to wait and see.Any true boxing followerknows this isnt a one sided fight and you cant be a bum and 43-0 youd have been exposed way before now,Ive been watching Ricky since 97 on the undercard ofPrince Naseem vs Kevin Kelley at Madison Square Garden and the 3 fights the US have seen is by no way anywhere near the best of Ricky but come saturday youwill Ive never seen him so focused or in such great shape.Yes he needs to be because of who and what Floyd is I hope its all talk for Floyds sake that hedoesnt rate Hatton because you should never underistimate an aponant Roberto Duran is Rickys hero and he was in a fight where he underestimated his opponentThomas Hearns back in 1984 if u havent seen it go google it watch the youtube video and bare in mind Hearns was given zero chance to win this fight.I for onecant wait for saturday Ill watch at 3am UK time with my heart in my mouth adrenaline pumping Ricky has to non stop pressure and punish the body because he willnever get a points decision in Vegas.Im English yes so id love to see Ricky do it no matter who wins Boxings the winner gonna be a great fight bring onSaturday.

Peace
Scottie

I think Williams v. Cintron will be an amazing fight. I have to say I think Cintron will come out of it but it will be close.

Now for this fight Hatton is going to come in and try his usual shananagins but his wild punches will just open him up and my boy maywether will pick himapart. I thin mayweather might give him an atturo gatti like beating

Roger Mayweather *Is Floyd still hungry? Of course he still hungry. You wanna know why he so hungry? Tell me why Bill Gate still make them muthaf*****computers*

so floyds fight a proven former(cause flyd took the belt from him) world champion at ONE FIFTY FOUR yet is suppose to feel the wrath of
hatttons body shots...........and i swear if hattons HUGS mayweather the fight (like he's done in his lat 42 fights)and holds the whole fight , im goin toengland to finish up what floyd started....or not , but still.....i'll be pooped!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I don't get why so many people hate on Floyd. Yeah he is arrogant as hell but he is a cham in five weight classes and has never lost. Mosely gave Cotto atough fight and I dont think there is much doubt that at this point Floyd is a much better fighter than Shane. So the way I see it floyd would beat Cottopretty easily. I think Floy should beat Hatton, then Cotto, then Wiliams and then retire. I f he does that I don;t see how anyone could say he is not a to 5 altime fighter

Originally Posted by TheProfessorOfPugilism

2007 NT Boxing Post (Pt.2)

Quick thoughts, because i've gone into detail many times in the other thread:
Floyd kills Hatton, similar to Gatti & Baldomir, stops him in the 11th.
Floyd beats Cotto, fairly comfortably. something like 117-111, 116-112, 116-112
Floyd vs. Paul Williams is a tough matchup style wise. I don't think Paul is a great fighter, but he's got the right size and style to take a decision against Floyd off sheer workrate, and the length to keep floyd away.

P.S. This is amoohoop on a new name.
Nice avy
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by mco85

I don't get why so many people hate on Floyd. Yeah he is arrogant as hell but he is a cham in five weight classes and has never lost. Mosely gave Cotto a tough fight and I dont think there is much doubt that at this point Floyd is a much better fighter than Shane. So the way I see it floyd would beat Cotto pretty easily. I think Floy should beat Hatton, then Cotto, then Wiliams and then retire. I f he does that I don;t see how anyone could say he is not a to 5 al time fighter
Mosley gave Cotto a hard time?
laugh.gif
Shane was looking weary for a several rounds Cotto won by a UD, so how exactly did Shane give HIM a hard time??

Originally Posted by BabyfacedAssassin31

Ricky by no way is underestimateing floyd or his power he has trained maybe the hardest Ive ever seen and his team have a game plan for him carefully constructed from tape,over here in the UK our press isnt biased towards Ricky for the fight they keep it real.Mayweather is a great boxer has all the tools and a great chin but this doesnt mean he impossible to beat nobody is I just want to see Floyds reaction to the first solid body shot he recieves from Ricky then we will see how much of a chance Ricky has, because IF Ricky can hurt him Floyds in trouble.Rickys gonna have to take his punches he knows this but hes gonna be a man possesed on a mission in there but can Floyd take Rickys precise painfull shots to the body that we have to wait and see.Any true boxing follower knows this isnt a one sided fight and you cant be a bum and 43-0 youd have been exposed way before now,Ive been watching Ricky since 97 on the undercard of Prince Naseem vs Kevin Kelley at Madison Square Garden and the 3 fights the US have seen is by no way anywhere near the best of Ricky but come saturday you will Ive never seen him so focused or in such great shape.Yes he needs to be because of who and what Floyd is I hope its all talk for Floyds sake that he doesnt rate Hatton because you should never underistimate an aponant Roberto Duran is Rickys hero and he was in a fight where he underestimated his opponent Thomas Hearns back in 1984 if u havent seen it go google it watch the youtube video and bare in mind Hearns was given zero chance to win this fight.I for one cant wait for saturday Ill watch at 3am UK time with my heart in my mouth adrenaline pumping Ricky has to non stop pressure and punish the body because he will never get a points decision in Vegas.Im English yes so id love to see Ricky do it no matter who wins Boxings the winner gonna be a great fight bring on Saturday.

Peace
Scottie

Like i said in another post, i got nothing against Rickey, i'm not a Mayweather fan, just a boxing fan. My thought on this fight is simply from a style perspective. I've never been THAT impressed when i've seen Rickey even at his "best". He went life and death and was almost out on his feet with Luis Collazo. Mayweather is a slicker fighter, with better defense and accuracy, and better handspeed than Collazo. Floyd does what Collazo does, better. Thats why i think Floyd will take this with ease. He has everything needed to give Hatton trouble. And he can still pop a little. Collazo only had 12 KO's in 26 wins and had Rickey hurt. Floyd has 24 in 38 fights, and has a few KO's recently. He KO'd Gatti, Sharmba, Philip N'Dou, and but Demarcus Corley on the canvas twice. Obviously he doesn't have 1 punch ko power, but he has enough power to KO you if he hits you enough. I think Hatton will be infront of him a lot.

And i think Rickey may be underestimating his power because he keeps talking about floyd pitty-patting his punches and fighting off his backfoot all night. Floyd doesn't engage all that much, but he puts more on his punches than most people think.

Back
Top Bottom