Official: Mayweather vs Hatton Dec 8, 2007 Post!!!

Im surprised there isn't an official post yet. If there is, Mods please delete. ( I did use the search tool and nothing came up)

But this fight as a lot of hype. Two undefeated fighters, two different parts of the world, to *%!$ talking fighters.... I dont know who to take. Mayweathersfight vs De La Hoya was a joke. If he has that to build on... then Ricky "The Hitman" Hatton might have the advantage. His last win, a 4th round KOwas pretty convincing (although his opponent wasn't the best.)

I was watching an HBO special last night about the fight and they're both convinced that the other is gonna get his%%!! kicked. Hatton made a good pointwhen he said a fight changes his behavior when he's neverous. He seems extremely calm and confident. I've seen Mayweather against the best... and hecan fight.

what do you guys think? Who's gonna win this fight?

Here's the link to the latest Fox Sports news article. Its a little long, but it describes some of the HBO special I just mentioned.
http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/7501114

Im surprised there isn't an official post yet. If there is, Mods please delete. ( I did use the search tool and nothing came up)
There's an official boxing thread that's been going on forever. Obviously, it's not always at the top of the first page, but it'sfloating around here somewhere.

^^^ Yea look a few pages back it's an official 07 boxing post all the news and info you could need.

this fight is a joke

mayweathers cashing in on a easy win against a marketable opponent

and hattons cashing in on the biggest name in the sport

its funny how mayweather vs P.williams would be a better fight
but good fighters keeping ducking other good fighters until the money is right

p.s P.williams is the "most feared MANDATORY " in boxing so unless mayweather retires eventually the punisher will
eventually get his

Originally Posted by MayweatherMiami

this fight is a joke

p.s P.williams is the "most feared MANDATORY " in boxing so unless mayweather retires eventually the punisher will
eventually get his
Flloyd has nothing to fear from Paul. Paul isn't even the second best fighter in that division. Flloyd should be afraid of Miguel Cotto, but Idoubt either fighters' management wants to make Cotto vs PBF happen.

Flloyd should be afraid of Miguel Cotto

truth cotto is killin mayweather

mayweather > hatton

yet i would like to see hatton win and bring down floyd a notch

MayweatherMiami
Thats where ZabSuperJudah/EddyMiami went ....
laugh.gif

Paul Williams better not step up in class no further then Cintron and Margarita. Thats It for him. that feathery touch he got with his fists aint gonn beat nogreat fighter. If Margarita had any I mean ANY type of speed he woulda floored The Punisher.
Cotto, Mayweather, De La Pollo, Sugar Shane would all eat Paul's lunch.

back to the subject

Mayweather/Hatton is a lopsided fight barely worthy of a 2 page fight night thread.
Im disappointed Mayweather let Hatton talk him into taking this fight.

laugh.gif
Roger said, "at my age, Hatton wouldnt lay a glove on me with them wild shots hethrows"
laugh.gif

EH i guess im one of the few that think williams would give mayweather a fight and could get a W.

on to this fight, im not even sure if i want to order it. hatton is going to try and hold the whole night when mayweather starts lighting his+!*% up with hits

this fight is a joke

eventually get his

Paul Williams did not prove anything against Margarito except that Margarito can't dance for 7 rounds then decide to show up. Paul has to go throughKermit Cintron and then most likely Margarito. I doubt he does. Cotto either gets Oscar (if Oscar goes against what his wife wants) or the winner of thisfight. If all goes well the winner of this fight will fight Cotto and whoever emerges from the Williams/Cintron/Margarito trio fights for an undisputed titlearound this time next year.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

EH i guess im one of the few that think williams would give mayweather a fight and could get a W.

on to this fight, im not even sure if i want to order it. hatton is going to try and hold the whole night when mayweather starts lighting his+!*% up with hits
My boy is getting it since I got Cotto vs Shane at my place. I doubt "Hook Em and Hold Em" Hatton will be able to catch Flloyd.

Originally Posted by MayweatherMiami

this fight is a joke

eventually get his

co-signs

Originally Posted by Proshares

this fight is a joke

eventually get his

Paul Williams did not prove anything against Margarito except that Margarito can't dance for 7 rounds then decide to show up. Paul has to go through Kermit Cintron and then most likely Margarito. I doubt he does. Cotto either gets Oscar (if Oscar goes against what his wife wants) or the winner of this fight. If all goes well the winner of this fight will fight Cotto and whoever emerges from the Williams/Cintron/Margarito trio fights for an undisputed title around this time next year.
The way I see it Cotto vs DLH or Margarito Williams vs Hatton I'd like to see Flloyd move up to 160lbs or retire cause besides Cotto he has verylittle competition

Cotto has shown that he can fight.. i think he's the real challenge for Mayweather. DLH is non existent to me. he's past his golden days. Definitelysome mixed opinions, but can we agree that Mayweather is gonna win?

i guess im the only one that thinks hatton has a chance....remember, this dude made kostya tzuyu retire. yes the same kostya that made zab judah do the chickennoodle soup in the ring with a straight right.

Originally Posted by tee eye ehm

i guess im the only one that thinks hatton has a chance....remember, this dude made kostya tzuyu retire. yes the same kostya that made zab judah do the chicken noodle soup in the ring with a straight right.

I agree 100%. I think Hatton takes this.

i guess im the only one that thinks hatton has a chance....remember, this dude made kostya tzuyu retire. yes the same kostya that made zab judah do the chicken noodle soup in the ring with a straight right.

naw i think he's got a good chance to win it . somebody needs to shut Floyd up

I think floyd's got this. Duno if he will ever fight Cotto, Floyd is all about that cash these days and i dont know how much cotto could bring in and hesaid last week on 24/7 he wont be fighting much longer because his hands are wearing down.

a washed up kostya at the time and BUM judah and his glass jaw is hot trash.

2007 NT Boxing Post (Pt.2)

Quick thoughts, because i've gone into detail many times in the other thread:
Floyd kills Hatton, similar to Gatti & Baldomir, stops him in the 11th.
Floyd beats Cotto, fairly comfortably. something like 117-111, 116-112, 116-112
Floyd vs. Paul Williams is a tough matchup style wise. I don't think Paul is a great fighter, but he's got the right size and style to take a decisionagainst Floyd off sheer workrate, and the length to keep floyd away.

P.S. This is amoohoop on a new name.

whoa amo that avy u had scared the @+#@ outta me

I saw Tommy Hearns on there and thought it said RIP for your tag and was liek THE HELL WHEN DID Hearns, Holmes, Morales, and APrior die!?

Haha, man if all 4 of those dudes died i'd be catatonic.

And Mayweather aint my boy, if Hatton wins i'd be shocked, but i wouldn't be angry about it. I just think that it is a horrible style matchup forRicky, and he is making a mistake underestimating Floyd's power. If he hits you enough you're gonna get knocked out. Ask Sharmba Mitchell and ArturoGatti.

Back
Top Bottom