Official: Max Payne 3 Thread: Out Now On PS3 & XBOX 360: PC Release Date 06-01-12

They went overboard with the amount of cut-scenes.

Originally Posted by B fr3sh

just finished single player. story and gameplay was
pimp.gif
i never died so much in a game (on regular difficulty too) in my life
laugh.gif
but i loved the challenge, definitely not a run and gun shooter like the first 2

30t6p3b.gif
I was playing on hard mode, got to chapter 11 and said @$@$ it and switched to normal. That part on the yacht was a nightmare on hard mode. I didn't have enough bullets to make it to the upper level.

Got to play the game one night because of being busy at work. OD'd and played until 3:30 a.m.
laugh.gif
Can't wait to get back into the groove tonight.

Gotta step my game up on multiplayer, I've been playing Free Aim and my aim is some cheeks right now.

bought from target, got GTAIV for free.

didn't even know the deal was happening, pure happenstance.

Just completed the story on Hard (free-aim) and unlocked the infinity painkillers cheat.
pimp.gif

Now it's on to Hardcore mode.

Originally Posted by ao17

Just completed the story on Hard (free-aim) and unlocked the infinity painkillers cheat.
pimp.gif

Man Hard-Free Aim is no joke. 

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

pimp.gif

Word, it makes Uncharted's Crushing mode seem like a walk in the park.
laugh.gif

I'm already playing Chapter 3 on Hardcore mode. I'd use my infinity painkiller cheat, but the game told me I wouldn't receive any acheivements or awards if I completed the story...at least the game was being straight with me
tired.gif

ohwell.gif

pimp.gif

Word, it makes Uncharted's Crushing mode seem like a walk in the park.
laugh.gif

I'm already playing Chapter 3 on Hardcore mode. I'd use my infinity painkiller cheat, but the game told me I wouldn't receive any acheivements or awards if I completed the story...at least the game was being straight with me
tired.gif

ohwell.gif

I'm on Chapter 3, in the chopper. Man that first dude popped her and I said "I'm good." and quit the game for the day. I have terrible aim in 3rd person.

Joined the NT crew today. Im starting to get the hang of the online play.

Hit me up on xbox, X Doc Holiday. Run some crew games.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CLuTcH 713

Joined the NT crew today. Im starting to get the hang of the online play.

Hit me up on xbox, X Doc Holiday. Run some crew games.
pimp.gif

Free Aim or Soft Lock? I'm dabbling in both. Dudes in Free Aim are no joke.

Is it me or is the difficulty way too jacked up in this game? I died like 13 times in that soccer stadium on Chapter 3, pissed me off... I'm playing on normal with Soft Lock aiming too, LOL.

shoot dodge and bullettime have to be used more than cover system. dunno why but gamefaqs members all have the same tip

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

Is it me or is the difficulty way too jacked up in this game? I died like 13 times in that soccer stadium on Chapter 3, pissed me off... I'm playing on normal with Soft Lock aiming too, LOL.

I'm normally really good at shooting games' campaign modes at hard difficulty, and this game is too much
mad.gif
laugh.gif
I don't know if you've gotten to the mini-boss yet, but he is so @#$@$@ unfair that I HAD to switch it normal mode. I'm getting near the end of the game and I'm thinking about switching to easy
laugh.gif
I hate the shoot-dodge thing with a passion (where you have to kill the enemy who got you to 0 health to keep playing). I've ended up shooting rounds into concrete walls and dying so many times because of the aim restriction

th3answ3r wrote:
shoot dodge and bullettime have to be used more than cover system. dunno why but gamefaqs members all have the same tip

Yes. shoot dodge is your greatest asset in this game; it's practically unlimited and you can eliminate multiple enemies while avoiding serious damage.

Just got back from my 3 day trip from Vegas and will finish up the main story by the end of the week.

Then will jump into multi player.

Seriously this game has some of the best action gameplay and graphics for this console generation compared to other games in this same genre and that including Uncharted 3.

pimp.gif

LOL I kept dying on that stage too mostly cause I kept running out of ammo. Bullet Time and Shoot Dodge saved me tho.

LOL I kept dying on that stage too mostly cause I kept running out of ammo. Bullet Time and Shoot Dodge saved me tho.
Died about 13 times also, the part when you're in the bleachers at the soccer stadium and gotta kill 73 dudes
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by 1C3M4M

Died about 13 times also, the part when you're in the bleachers at the soccer stadium and gotta kill 73 dudes
30t6p3b.gif

Right after you take out the first sniper? Gun was going dry and I'm hiding behind the railing. These clown straight rush you and everything! I can't imagine that on hard (free aim) 
30t6p3b.gif

just finished campaign on hard but with soft lock on, it was amazing 
pimp.gif

im kind of upset i didnt get the "serious payne" achievement, I wish the game would have mentioned something about turning on free aim to get it. 

i might replay it on hardcore with free aim 
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Jonbx5

just finished campaign on hard but with soft lock on, it was amazing 
pimp.gif

im kind of upset i didnt get the "serious payne" achievement, I wish the game would have mentioned something about turning on free aim to get it. 

i might replay it on hardcore with free aim 
sick.gif
laugh.gif

nice. you probably died like 1000x, lol.

Back
Top Bottom