**Official Lupe Fiasco Thread** (LASERS March 8, 2011 // Friend of The People Coming Soon)

Originally Posted by King Arthur

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

I think that all the silence is worse than all the violence
Then speak your mind and VOTE! Change the world, speak up.....What he scared of? It like dude really talking about himself. 

He scared? if not then

The whole thing is hypocritical and don't get me wrong i'm a fan of dude but this is just @*!%$!*# on his part 

you either part of the problem or part of the solution. Talking a big game but when push comes to shove all it is talk if you dont act on it

I mean it its like me telling dude to quit doing drugs with a needle in my arm. He gonna say we need to do something but he didn't even vote

Maybe he feels disenfranchised but then why say "you believe in the people"

2 cents is all  
what good is voting if neither of the opponents are good enough to carry the country...
that, aside from the fact that your vote doesn't even really count
You like Lupe in his song are just saying %%$# without any justification
do tell what you mean exactly when you say peoples votes don't really count?

and to answer your first question the good in voting comes from the process. If you don't vote then what reason does any politician good or bad have to listen to you? You vote because it is your duty as a citizen, but saving that happy horse %%$#, you vote so when you walk into a room you can say I made myself count just like everyone else and you politicians are beholden to and need to listen to me. 

you have been shampooed and conditioned. Our Voting System = supporting a system that maintains the illusion that people have any power. What, we get one day out of 365 (every 2-4 years) to cast our votes for one of two guys that have been pre-selected and pre-approved by campaign contributors? 
eyes.gif
I can also turn your logic the other way around, seeing how the country is progressively getting worse, it can be said that you are directly responsible for voting these politicians into office and thus perpetuating this whole fraudulent system. The whole voting process in this country was not set up by you or me or even regular citizens but by the ruling class at that time, thus it is going to reflect the interests of the oligarchy and plutocracy while adjusting to the interests and self preservation of contemporaneous ruling classes. It was to appease and ostensibly engage the people (excluding women and blacks) in the electoral process that at the end of the day meant very little. Plus the whole electoral college safety mechanism....it just goes on and on. Having the funds to support and push forth a candidate > voting. 

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

Then speak your mind and VOTE! Change the world, speak up.....What he scared of? It like dude really talking about himself. 

He scared? if not then

The whole thing is hypocritical and don't get me wrong i'm a fan of dude but this is just @*!%$!*# on his part 

you either part of the problem or part of the solution. Talking a big game but when push comes to shove all it is talk if you dont act on it

I mean it its like me telling dude to quit doing drugs with a needle in my arm. He gonna say we need to do something but he didn't even vote

Maybe he feels disenfranchised but then why say "you believe in the people"

2 cents is all  
what good is voting if neither of the opponents are good enough to carry the country...
that, aside from the fact that your vote doesn't even really count
You like Lupe in his song are just saying @#** without any justification
do tell what you mean exactly when you say peoples votes don't really count?

and to answer your first question the good in voting comes from the process. If you don't vote then what reason does any politician good or bad have to listen to you? You vote because it is your duty as a citizen, but saving that happy horse @#**, you vote so when you walk into a room you can say I made myself count just like everyone else and you politicians are beholden to and need to listen to me.   

30t6p3b.gif
at you if you think voting is going to help change the world... Yes he is saying we must do better... but clearly he believes politics and the government are all corrupted which is exactly why he wants no part of it... How does that mean he is scared because he chose not to vote?? If he was scared would he come out with a song such as this? Especially as a single

Hence the line "I think that all the silence is worse than all the violence" Which is exactly why he is speaking up and opening thousands of peoples eyes to things that are really going on...

Solid song.

I don't know what most of you are expecting. he has to conform to what the label wants.
As long as we've been waiting for new music and you bash it. Can we just take it for what it is and enjoy it.

For all of you who dont think voting matters you are the ones who are "shampooed and conditioned"

thats exactly what your "they" want you to believe in order to keep the powerful in power and everyone else just piter pattering along

For all of you who dont think voting matters you are the ones who are "shampooed and conditioned"

thats exactly what your "they" want you to believe in order to keep the powerful in power and everyone else just piter pattering along
I understand what u trying to say with this...
but this....

King Arthur wrote:

He scared? if not then

was completely wrong and off base in regards to Lupe....to be a "fan" u came off kinda ignorant towards his music and who he is or at least what he stated his values were, IMO

Voting matters but it won't change the world. Don't know how anyone can come to that if they have an understanding of the voting system in the U.S.

Maybe you need to see the corruption or be a victim to understand. When they constantly recount your state's votes to the point they just exclude you and keep it moving to the supreme court to make a decision, confuse with a felon thus voiding your vote, or when you notice dead ppl are voting, or when you realize your state will always vote for a certain party so until the majority changes their mind it won't matter, or that you're in a state whose electoral college isn't a lot, etc.

Most Americans aren't as invovled in politics as they think they are. Keeping up with it just so you can have something to say in a discussion isn't enough.

One thing I can agree on is that many just talk and don't do anything; like rappers. It's cool to make ppl aware and it helps but some think it's enough to just say do something, not wanting to tell them what to do cuz they don't have an answer either, most rappers like to talk about an injustice or problem but won't suggest any answers. Also what happens when you make all these ppl aware, convince them to act and they end up making a bad decision? or the wrong decision.

song is sick...

don't really understand why people aren't feeling it.

Good content. It needs to be understood that certain songs have been skewed some so he could put the album out. Best believe when Lu's time is up he's moving to a different record company.

Not buying this. I voted for Obama and got another Bush.

I will continue to vote b/c one party is slighly better than another.

Originally Posted by Mr4thQuarter

song is sick...

don't really understand why people aren't feeling it.

Good content. It needs to be understood that certain songs have been skewed some so he could put the album out. Best believe when Lu's time is up he's moving to a different record company.

He'll probably go independent and just sign a distribution deal.

I remember someone posting a chart with corporations and their donations to the presidential candidates and both candidates received funding from the same companies
nerd.gif
anyone have the chart

He just tweeted....

" just look up in the skyyyyy!!! tonight 7pm. nyc. union square. need all my lasers there, this is something special! fnf up!! RT"

Back
Top Bottom