*Official LOST Season 4/5 Discussion Thread*

interesting theories indeed...

but I still have the feeling that Sawyer's either dead or still on the island... regarding Kate's comment to Jack about doing something for Sawyer, myinitial reaction was maybe something she promised doing for him prior to leaving the island... for me, the 'him' is Aaron...

i was reading another forum, and this comment just made my day:

20080509-119j7tg4f53cc9urysrauqwu6e.jpg

eek.gif
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SinnerP

interesting theories indeed...

but I still have the feeling that Sawyer's either dead or still on the island... regarding Kate's comment to Jack about doing something for Sawyer, my initial reaction was maybe something she promised doing for him prior to leaving the island... for me, the 'him' is Aaron...

Sawyer is still on the island in season 5.

One thing I forgot to mention:
Did anyone else see Alpert's eyes go completely black in the scene where Emily Locke's mothers (John's grandmother) sees Alpert looking at them inthe hospital??? This might be a dumb question but the look Mrs. Locke had on her face was one like she was seeing a ghost from the past or something. Itcould've just been that she was disturbed by Alpert looking at them so intently during that scene. I know the whole eyes going black thing has happenedbefore so I thought that maybe that was pretty important.

*****EDIT****
I've just seen a couple of people in some forums bringing forward a theory saying that they believe that Alpert may have been the one to impregnate Emily.It was mentioned during the episode that the guy Emily was fooling around with was "almost twice her age." What do you guys think of this theory???This theory really doesn't carry much weight with me but anything is possible with Lost nowadays.

Originally Posted by Much Respected

What intrigues me more is HOW did Alpert get a hold of personal belongings of the Losties.

Time travel? Alpert may have taken those items from the future, bringing it back to Locke in the past...having met Locke in the future and knowing how heis, the knife was a test, to see if he really is the chosen one. Locke choosing the knife as a kid now might change the Locke as we now in the future? We've seen him being a nice man and seemed to follow all the rules...and him picking up the knife might have changed his outlook/attitude? So since hepicked up the knife...he isn't the same person as Alpert knew, that why he was pissed and he's not the 'chosen' one after all?

Does Alpert travel in time back and forth? Dude doesn't seem to age...did I miss an episode, where they explained this already?

i wonder how much longer can they stretch the flashfoward(future) in each episode for 2 more seasons, they gonna have to run out of flashfowards/backs sooneror later

Originally Posted by franchise3

Isn't Ben's mother's name Emily as well?

yes...what if they're brothers? It would even be crazier if the father is Dr. Sheppard...(Jack's and Claire's Father)

does that book belong to Ecko?

Keamy is a beast. That gadget he is wearing is either a protective device against the smoke monster or a device used to track his location through time andspace. Or a time travel device itself.

Originally Posted by Ross Is Here

Originally Posted by franchise3

Isn't Ben's mother's name Emily as well?

yes...what if they're brothers? It would even be crazier if the father is Dr. Sheppard...(Jack's and Claire's Father)

I suppose anything is possible with Lost at this point, but we've been lead to believe thus far that Ben's father was Roger the Workman and thaLocke's father is the original "Sawyer." Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the show's given any reason tobelieve that either of those guys are not Ben and Locke's actual fathers.

Also, it would be pretty sneaky for the show to make Ben and Locke's mothers the same Emily since they used a different actress to play Ben's momthan the two women we've seen portraying Locke's mom.

^ they did use a younger woman to play Locke's mother (she looks like she was still in HS)...and an older woman to play Ben's mother. Locke is olderthan Ben right?

Just watched the episode a few minutes ago, I thought it was awesome. Anyone who expects answers to this showhasn't been watching since day one. The frustration that LOST brings is part of its wonder.

Like most of you, I don't understand the second Locke/ Alpert meeting. "Which of these things belonged toyou?"
We expect John to pick the sand, compass, and....the knife, but apparently the knife wasn't supposed to be chosen. Alpert is obviously a very special person. We know he looks the same now as he did 40-50 years ago...at least. There's something to that. Anyway, Irecall a scene, a season or two ago, when Alpert and Locke sat on a hill overlooking the camp, I think it's when Ben tied up John's dad, anyway, Alpertspoke to John and implied that John needed to get past the issue with his father in order to continue on his quest. We know Alpert and Ben weren't exactlyseeing eye to eye the last couple times they interacted. I think everything that Alpert has done involving Locke was to get John to this point.......where hecan go into that cabin, talk to Claire and Jacob's representative , and find out how to save the island fromWidmore and Keamy.

Now, I severely doubt that Christian ( who curiously appears to be wearing a flannel looking button down shirt and some worker boots) literally wants the island to be moved. Numerous people see the island, or things on theisland, in a myriad of different ways. We know the island is difficult to find. The specific bearing and time bending play into that, and perhaps that'swhat Christian alludes to. However, Keamy and the chopper are pretty much directly over the island at this point, and time appears to be of the essence. And yeah, I think the device on Keamy's left armis some sort of explosive. Keamy said that if Ben knew the island was going to be burned that there was only one place that he would/ could go to. Could thatplace be the temple? or maybe some underground area that we're not aware of yet ? I doubt it's either.

The last time we saw Claire she was dreaming or hallucinating and walked overto her dad (Christian). We next see her sitting calmly and perky next to her father. Highly crazy man........

At first I thought that the scene with super scruffy Jack and Kate was an early flash-forward, but after seeing Jack go to the pills and bottles after the lastepisode, it probably is the furthest forward, like someone said.

That witch doctor/palm reader guy did tell Claire that the baby had to be raised by her, and only her otherwise....

Shortly after that, the guy finds an alternative couple, in Cali i think, that is suitable to have/ guard Aaron. Now we know that , at least for the timebeing, Aaron is in Kate's hands. That's to be cont..........

" Two players, two sides. One is light .....one is dark. "

2) Abbadon is truly a creppy looking cat. My wife and I think he looks like a lizard. Like when the elevator door was closing he was going to lick his eyeball with his tongue. word to Geico

Haha yeah I had a joke going that he's a shape-shifting reptilian. I'm starting to think he's a good guy though.

Great episode. Any episode that focus' on Locke and only 1 scene of Jack is
pimp.gif

From Wiki....

Captain Sir Richard Francis Burton KCMG FRGS (March 19, 1821 - October 20, 1890) was an English explorer, translator, writer, soldier, orientalist, ethnologist, linguist, poet, hypnotist, fencer and diplomat. He wasknown for his travels and explorations within Asia and Africa as well as his extraordinary knowledge of languages and cultures. According to one count, hespoke 29 European, Asian, and African languages.[sup][1][/sup]

Burton's best-known achievements include traveling in disguise to Mecca, making an unexpurgated translation of The Book of One Thousand Nights and A Night (the collection is more commonly called The Arabian Nights in English because ofAndrew Lang's abridgment) and the Kama Sutra and journeying with John Hanning SpekeSidi Mubarak Bombay to discover (forhimself and his contemporaries) the Great Lakes of Africa in search of the source of the Nile. He was a prolific author andwrote numerous books and scholarly articles about subjects including travel, fencing and ethnography. as the first white men guided by theredoubtable

He was a captain in the army of the East India Company serving in India (and later, briefly, in the CrimeanWar). Following this he was engaged by the Royal Geographical Society to explore the east coast of Africa and led an expedition guided by the locals whichdiscovered Lake Tanganyika. In later life he served as British consul in Fernando Po, Damascus and, finally, Trieste. He was a Fellow of the Royal GeographicalSociety and was awarded a knighthood (KCMG) in 1886.

I have no idea what I'm talking about. but here it goes. i believe the sand stood for land and the compass meant like explorer but as soon as locke pickedup the knife it was like he was going to take over. also is that why the knife is his choice of weapon?

yea they def did that to buy them some time but if i had to pick it would be "english explorer and translator"

Originally Posted by aRog27

Just watched the episode a few minutes ago, I thought it was awesome. Anyone who expects answers to this show hasn't been watching since day one. The frustration that LOST brings is part of its wonder.

Like most of you, I don't understand the second Locke/ Alpert meeting. "Which of these things belonged to you?"
We expect John to pick the sand, compass, and....the knife, but apparently the knife wasn't supposed to be chosen. Alpert is obviously a very special person. We know he looks the same now as he did 40-50 years ago...at least. There's something to that. Anyway, I recall a scene, a season or two ago, when Alpert and Locke sat on a hill overlooking the camp, I think it's when Ben tied up John's dad, anyway, Alpert spoke to John and implied that John needed to get past the issue with his father in order to continue on his quest. We know Alpert and Ben weren't exactly seeing eye to eye the last couple times they interacted. I think everything that Alpert has done involving Locke was to get John to this point.......where he can go into that cabin, talk to Claire and Jacob's representative , and find out how to save the island from Widmore and Keamy.

Now, I severely doubt that Christian ( who curiously appears to be wearing a flannel looking button down shirt and some worker boots) literally wants the island to be moved. Numerous people see the island, or things on the island, in a myriad of different ways. We know the island is difficult to find. The specific bearing and time bending play into that, and perhaps that's what Christian alludes to. However, Keamy and the chopper are pretty much directly over the island at this point, and time appears to be of the essence. And yeah, I think the device on Keamy's left arm is some sort of explosive. Keamy said that if Ben knew the island was going to be burned that there was only one place that he would/ could go to. Could that place be the temple? or maybe some underground area that we're not aware of yet ? I doubt it's either.

The last time we saw Claire she was dreaming or hallucinating and walked over to her dad (Christian). We next see her sitting calmly and perky next to her father. Highly crazy man........

At first I thought that the scene with super scruffy Jack and Kate was an early flash-forward, but after seeing Jack go to the pills and bottles after the last episode, it probably is the furthest forward, like someone said.

That witch doctor/palm reader guy did tell Claire that the baby had to be raised by her, and only her otherwise....

Shortly after that, the guy finds an alternative couple, in Cali i think, that is suitable to have/ guard Aaron. Now we know that , at least for the time being, Aaron is in Kate's hands. That's to be cont..........

Good Job, very well observed and said. Everyone should pay attention to that particular quote.

light = christian

dark = mr. ecko or ecko's brother?

^ i just said that because he's one of few characters on lost who is black.

the black smoke attacked kimmy (sp?) and crew but didn't kill them but it killed ecko... maybe ecko isn't as good as we think he is?

Originally Posted by FWA III

^ i just said that because he's one of few characters on lost who is black.

the black smoke attacked kimmy (sp?) and crew but didn't kill them but it killed ecko... maybe ecko isn't as good as we think he is?

He wasn't until he took his brother's place as a priest. All he did try repent his sins while he pretended to be a priest...

I thank everyone for posting there theories and observations...cause if it wasn't for some of ya'lls post I wouldn't understand and notice half ofthe show lol

keep it goin

Locke picking the items scene:

My take is that Alpert was looking for a future leader. The items came down to the knife or the Book of Laws - a leader who would rule by force or rule bylaw. Locke picked the knife, therefore he would rule by force, which Alpert did not want. I think this led to Ben being selected as the leader - one whoruled by law and followed RULES. Thus, Ben's freaking out at his daughter getting murdered because the rules were changed. With Ben unable to maintainstability as leader by following the rules, it was decided that they needed a leader who could fight back against hostile forces - John Locke.

And i believe John and Ben are half brothers.

My take is that Alpert was looking for a future leader. The items came down to the knife or the Book of Laws - a leader who would rule by force or rule by law. Locke picked the knife, therefore he would rule by force, which Alpert did not want. I think this led to Ben being selected as the leader - one who ruled by law and followed RULES. Thus, Ben's freaking out at his daughter getting murdered because the rules were changed. With Ben unable to maintain stability as leader by following the rules, it was decided that they needed a leader who could fight back against hostile forces - John Locke.

And i believe John and Ben are half brothers.

That's pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom