***Official Los Angeles Dodgers 2024 Thread!*** 98-64. NLDS vs Padres. Game 1 10/5 5:38 pm PST

Let's remember, the series is 1-1. This ****'s not over. Is the SD starter Tuesday gonna throw a gem like Darvish tonight? Who knows. Just cuz this game sucked doesn't mean the guys are done yet. We win Tuesday we're winning the series.

giphy (5).gif

I love the positive outlook.

But we been here for a while and the story hasn't changed.

If mookie shows up maybe.

Let's remember, the series is 1-1. This ****'s not over. Is the SD starter Tuesday gonna throw a gem like Darvish tonight? Who knows. Just cuz this game sucked doesn't mean the guys are done yet. We win Tuesday we're winning the series.
The starting pitchers have been pure trash, the offense was trash. This series is over.

So apparently Porfar was talking to the fans.

He threw a ball to the fans they threw it back he threw it again and they threw it back then he lost his mind...lol

But when you win 10-2 do whatever you want.

This loss isn’t on Dave Roberts. The team just deal with the pressure.

The two aren’t mutually exclusive. The Dave Roberts led Dodgers have lost multiple postseason series they had home field advantage in and were expected to win.

It’s not all Dave Roberts. But it’s also rare coaches/managers in sports get as many years as he’s had with stacked rosters and only a shortened season championship to show for it. Hell Joe Maddon was the manager of a team who broke a 108 year drought. He was fired 3 years later.

The team and core guys on the roster deserve their share of heat too though.

Yeah, I’m sure some trash fans went overboard on Yu after the ‘17 WS. I think I remember him saying he was worried about his family in LA area too.

Ngl yall, that good will the bats earned yesterday went away quick. Today was absolutely pathetic and King can cause the same problems if they don’t get their **** together in less than 48 hours. Buehler giving us 3 runs or less IS the optimistic outlook so if they come out flat again the series is over.

**** the Astros. They deserve every ounce of heat they caught over 2017. And Yu Darvish can feel some type of way. But if Kenley Jansen gets a a game 2 save. The dodgers win in either 5 or 6. If the bats show up at home in game 7. They win that series.

Houston getting exposed for their trash can shenanigans doesn’t take away from the Dodgers October track record when they’ve been on some funny business in the postseason multiple times after 2017.

Just my opinion. It might not be popular. But the dodgers have had multiple opportunities to show and prove the Astros stole a World Series from them. But when they come up short October after October. It doesn’t help their case.

**** the Astros. They deserve every ounce of heat they caught over 2017. And Yu Darvish can feel some type of way. But if Kenley Jansen gets a a game 2 save. The dodgers win in either 5 or 6. If the bats show up at home in game 7. They win that series.

Houston getting exposed for their trash can shenanigans doesn’t take away from the Dodgers October track record when they’ve been on some funny business in the postseason multiple times after 2017.

Just my opinion. It might not be popular. But the dodgers have had multiple opportunities to show and prove the Astros stole a World Series from them. But when they come up short October after October. It doesn’t help their case.

to be fair there's been a lot of player turnover from 2017 to now, I consider the Mookie trade/2020 to be a good divider. Two different groups of epic fail.

I will say that the 2017/2018 teams were nowhere near as bad as the current teams. They made it to back to back WS and got cheated out of one for sure and allegedly the Sox in '18. Losing to WAS in 2019 sucked but it they won it all and it was a 5 game series.

the current iteration getting losing back to back division series 3-1 and then swept is straight garbage with zero excuses.

to be fair there's been a lot of player turnover from 2017 to now, I consider the Mookie trade/2020 to be a good divider. Two different groups of epic fail.

I will say that the 2017/2018 teams were nowhere near as bad as the current teams. They made it to back to back WS and got cheated out of one for sure and allegedly the Sox in '18. Losing to WAS in 2019 sucked but it they won it all and it was a 5 game series.

the current iteration getting losing back to back division series 3-1 and then swept is straight garbage with zero excuses.

To me it’s just becoming a culture at this point. The 2018 Red Sox won 108 games and were a great team. But the dodgers won 111 and lost in the NLDS.

They should’ve beat Atlanta in 2021. But they didn’t and it is what is. There’s been roster turnover and underachieving.

These last few years have been magnified. But it just seems organizational at this point regardless of the changing faces. Since 2014 they’ve lost 6 postseason series where they had home field advantage.

Like I have no expectations for them in San Diego. I’ll happily be wrong. But everything they’ve shown me is to expect the inevitable come Wednesday. Let me be wrong though lol.

To me this goes back to their inability to get pitchers through a 162 game season. It magnifies everything else and minimizes the room for errors once the games actually count.

You can live with a bad Mookie Betts game if your ace is dealing. If he’s pitching 0’s. You wait for your opportunity. It’s like a domino effect.

People are salty. But tip your hat to San Diego. Winning the division don’t mean **** if it’s a new season come October. It’s looking like they’re about to lose to the division runner up in October once again. I hate the pessimism. But it’s hard to give them any benefit of the doubt.

Back
Top Bottom