OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

I see no way we win this tonight unfortunately :lol:  

(Sigh)

I dont care what our record is against them, I dont like the OKC/LAC matchup for us tbh. Thank god we wont see them in the postseason.

Westbrook and durant are too overwhelming and as a team they're best at what we're worst at (rebounding)

As crazy as it sounds, I would seriously prefer playing gsw over okc

Last edited:
I don't see the point in bashing Green. He's here and not going anywhere until the offseason, so I'm going to support him. If he can settle in and consistently give us around 10 and 4 with good defense, that should be sufficient.

I'll be a happy man if Paul Pierce never played another minute. Hang it up.

That is all.

Good lord he was worthless last night. Just a complete void. Did nothing on offense, food on defense and on the glass. I was embarrassed for him. :smh:

Good lord he was worthless last night. Just a complete void. Did nothing on offense, food on defense and on the glass. I was embarrassed for him. :smh:

0pts and 2rbds. He's horrible on the glass. Can't hit open 3's. Can't defend anyone, doesn't handle the rock. Nothing....and yet, he still plays.

Pierce has absolutely 0 value on the court. I know it's f'd up....but it's ironic that he's been healthy this year...while being so terrible :lol:.

Pierce just needs to sit out a few games (weeks) like he used to do. This dude wants to play every game and sht :lol:

End rant.

I don't see the point in bashing Green. He's here and not going anywhere until the offseason, so I'm going to support him. If he can settle in and consistently give us around 10 and 4 with good defense, that should be sufficient.

You say this then 5 mins later bash Paul Pierce. You gotta make up your mind fam.

They're both trash btw..

Also, saying Pierce was worthless last night isn't bashing; it's an objective fact.

I haven't decided if I like Green or not. He's had moments where he comes up with a big block/rebound. I like that he can actually get to the hoop.

He's shooting 44% on catch and shoot 3's since joing the Clippers.
39% on open 3's.
Opponents are shooting 40% when defended by him 7% less than their usual.
Opponents are shooting 19% from 3 on him. 17% less than their usual.

Meanwhile Players are basicially shooting their season averages against Pierce.
Pierce shooting 32% on catch and shoots 3's.
Shooting around 29% on OPEN threes.

Pierce has been 100% genuine imported trash. I'm just praying he somehow thrns it on come playoff time.

I'll wait for Blake to come back before I make up my mind about Jeff Green but I don't think he's been that bad. wanna see how he plays with CP, JJ, Blake, and DJ and how he does with the small ball lineups Doc insists he will use with him.

Last edited:
I haven't decided if I like Green or not. He's had moments where he comes up with a big block/rebound. I like that he can actually get to the hoop.

He's shooting 44% on catch and shoot 3's since joing the Clippers.
39% on open 3's.
Opponents are shooting 40% when defended by him 7% less than their usual.
Opponents are shooting 19% from 3 on him. 17% less than their usual.

Meanwhile Players are basicially shooting their season averages against Pierce.
Pierce shooting 32% on catch and shoots 3's.
Shooting around 29% on OPEN threes.

Pierce has been 100% genuine imported trash. I'm just praying he somehow thrns it on come playoff time.

I'll wait for Blake to come back before I make up my mind about Jeff Green but I don't think he's been that bad. wanna see how he plays with CP, JJ, Blake, and DJ and how he does with the small ball lineups Doc insists he will use with him.

All this and a bag of potato chips. Repped

Last edited:
i really think GSW is in trouble if the see us in the second round.

2 months ago, we were on nobodys radar, now us and the spurs are the only teams that can give GSW a pounding in a 7 game series (a popular opinion amongst respected bball experts) an opinion i def share.

i really think GSW is in trouble if the see us in the second round.

2 months ago, we were on nobodys radar, now us and the spurs are the only teams that can give GSW a pounding in a 7 game series (a popular opinion amongst respected bball experts) an opinion i def share.
Curious, what makes you say this? Serious, would like to hear your banter on the topic.

The way you feel about us playing GSW is how confident I am in us playing San Antonio. I don't share that kind of optimism w/ GSW at all. We haven't won in the Oracle in two years, and in that span they've become one of the greatest teams in league history. Maybeeee if we were to find a way to steal a game up there we would have a shot, but I think that's unlikely. We haven't won there since Game 3 of the first round in 2014. I think we would lose in 5. I just don't see us beating them at Oracle, and I see them taking either game 3 or 4. 

We have the personnel to make it interesting though, for sure. Especially if a Wes Johnson, or Jeff Green can knock down the 3 ball at an above average clip from here through the playoffs. How Blake comes back will be interesting as well, because in theory they don't have a player that can guard Blake.

Last edited:
I agree that we could play GSW as tough as anyone in the West, but I'd still have us losing in 6. Their depth would be the difference. Our starters can play toe-to-toe with theirs, but their bench is much more reliable. Our bench certainly has improved over the course of the season, but is still inconsistent. Also, a ton of the offensive production from the bench comes from Crawford who is notoriously unreliable in the playoffs. To beat them, I think our starters would have to play at a super high level for like 40 minutes every game and I don't see that happening.

But we'll see how things look when Blake gets back. Maybe that will change my opinion.

Also, based on the current positioning and remaining schedules of the team, I think 1-4 in the West is pretty locked in. (Probably 1-5, actually). SA not catching GSW and we're not catching OKC.

Come playoff time...

CP3 continues to be agressive hosting up 22ppg, 15apg, and 2spg.

JJ continues his amazing season and joins the 50/40/90 club. He shows up in the playoffs like his 13-14 self and shoots 40% from 3 averaging 15-18 points a game.

BG takes the leap to the next level posting 30ppg, 12rpg, and 1bpg.

DJ stays constant on the defensive end 12ppg, 18rpg, and 3bpg...gets his FT% to a doable 60%.

JCrossover FINALLY decides to show up and leads the bench with 23ppg. Luc, Wes, Green all become serviceable at the 3 and shoot averagely throughout the playoffs each having a big game in each series. Austin wins us a game or two with good defense and supplemental outbursts of 10-15 points.

This production is unheard of and the only team to really give us a problem are the Dubs on our way to our first chip.

TOTALLY DOABLE. :smokin :lol: :wow:

Come playoff time...

CP3 continues to be agressive hosting up 22ppg, 15apg, and 2spg.

JJ continues his amazing season and joins the 50/40/90 club. He shows up in the playoffs like his 13-14 self and shoots 40% from 3 averaging 15-18 points a game.

BG takes the leap to the next level posting 30ppg, 12rpg, and 1bpg.

DJ stays constant on the defensive end 12ppg, 18rpg, and 3bpg...gets his FT% to a doable 60%.

JCrossover FINALLY decides to show up and leads the bench with 23ppg. Luc, Wes, Green all become serviceable at the 3 and shoot averagely throughout the playoffs each having a big game in each series. Austin wins us a game or two with good defense and supplemental outbursts of 10-15 points.

This production is unheard of and the only team to really give us a problem are the Dubs on our way to our first chip.

TOTALLY DOABLE. :smokin :lol: :wow:

:lol:

I would say the odds are better of each and every person who regularly posts in here hitting the Super Lotto jackpot before June than all that stuff happening

:lol:

I would say the odds are better of each and every person who regularly posts in here hitting the Super Lotto jackpot before June than all that stuff happening

So when we buying our lotto tickets then? :smokin I'll take a Clipper chip or lotto winnings in 2016.

Schedule gets really nutty now.

Cavs, Spurs Houston, GSW, all within the next five games and those are all roadies. 

Whatever.

Jamal Crawford is shooting 39% on Catch and Shoot 3's since 12/26/15. To Expand on this point futher, Jamal is shooting over 36% on open 3's since 12/26 too.

He really has become a very good spot up shooter and shooter in general, and as long as he stays away from the "multiple dribbles in place" possessions where he goes nowhere and ends up having to hoist a contested 3, he's great. The majority of his shots during this stretch have been pullups, but I don't mind this at all. They're coming off of P&R's where he's playing downhill and he's good enough shooter to shoot that shot with volume.

He also hasn't been nearly as bad this season on defense, a pleasant surprise. You just hope he can continue this type of shooting because he's going to play a lot with the core four come playoff time and he's a fantastic piece to have with the core four when he's shooting / attacking off of the catch and not tasked with creating as much. 

The spacing with the 1st unit with Green and Wes was beautiful.

11 made 3's from the starting lineup alone. Very encouraging...and there was a lot of roll room for DJ. Clips need to ride this lineup out. No need for Paul Pierce to even play.

The potential Cp3/Redick/Wes/Green/BG lineup could be scary down the road.

Back
Top Bottom