OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

21 and 13 tonight. He's the best man.
giphy.gif

I've seen Austin Rivers play fantastic individual defense against Kevin Durant, Paul George, and Kawai Leonard. 

He really is a good defensive player man.

LA Clippers ‏@LAClippers · 7m7 minutes ago

[emoji]127775[/emoji] Congratulations @Ohmeomy! [emoji]11088[/emoji]️

View media item 1937063

Ralph got his star on the Walk of Fame today. Well deserved. :pimp:

Tonight is a perfect example of why I continue to have my doubts about this team

And we really don't seem to want that 3 seed...but we get a chance to make up for this slip-up with another game against OKC this week. To bad that game is in OKC. Then again, I almost feel like we've been overall better on the road recently.

Atlanta is always a tough game for us. One of those matchups that is always hard / bad for us.

Tough two game roadie this week

Atlanta is always a tough game for us. One of those matchups that is always hard / bad for us.

Yeah, I'm not trying to take anything away from the Hawks. They're a good team and made some defensive adjustments in the second half that we didn't respond well to. But that was still a very winnable game and 19 TOs is inexcusable no matter who the opponent is.

CP3 - good - point - God. 18 point quarter.
Over his last 10 he's averaging 24.8ppg and 11.1 ast on 54% shooting. He's got a 28.4 Per since 12/26 (blake's injury) which would be 2nd in the league after Curry.

He's at 25.6ppg over his past five games. Most importantly, if the Clips win tonight (I don't think they will lol) they will be a 1/2 game of 3rd. Remarkable stuff from CP.

He's having the 2nd best season of his career at almost 31 years old. At 20 ppg right now, this would be the highest scoring average for his career since 08'-09'. On 47/38/90 splits. 

Said it in the season thread the other day, I legit am a big CP advocate but I didn't think he would be better than he was last year, especially with how he started the season but man am I wrong. Easily has been a top 5 player in the league this year and you could make an argument that he's been the best player in the league after Curry and maybe Durant this season.

Last edited:
CP and JJ are both having career or close to career years in their 30s. It's really remarkable. Doesn't happen often.

Just starting to worry how much CP is going to have left in the playoffs.

Also, we criticize Doc, and rightfully so to a degree.

But we also have to give credit where credit is due.

To create a Top 6 offense and top 6 defense this season w/ your best player missing over a third of the season, is pretty good. This is the best Clipper team in the Doc Rivers era, and a lot of it has to do with him. His Rotations still leave a bit to be desired, but he's been flexible, and hasn't been committed to anything, (aside from Pierce) which is good. His rotations are partly why our bench has done this in the past month:

LA Clippers Stats  ‏@LAClippersStats   1h1 hour ago

In 32 games since Dec. 26th, the Clippers bench has averaged 42.1 ppg, 3rd-most among all reserve units in the NBA in that span.
An area that we've struggled with for years, appears to be a bit more stabilized, and a lot of that has to due with Doc's fluidness with the rotations since Blake's been out. We'll see what happens when Blake comes back and how our rotations and his coaching looks once the playoffs roll around, but at this moment he's done a fine job in turning the season around for us.

Y'all Pierce is so bad on defense man.

And we actually miss luc

Other than that solid first half. Have to be better on defense and show some resistance on that end

Back
Top Bottom