OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

its good and bad

its good because a good run of wins and you jump up but you also get a few losses and you’re taken out of the play-in

look at it this way, as bad the lakers have been, they are only 5.5 games from the first

clips are at 5 and 2 games behind, dallas is 11th and outside of the playoffs and they are just 4 games behind (2 games behind the clips)

It is important to note Paul George is dealing with a right hamstring tendon strain. It is not a hamstring strain, it is not a hamstring tear. All that to say, the Clippers are not concerned (yet) about George missing multiple weeks.

even when they know the injury, they really dont know and with this medical staff, pg might be sitting out much longer and we wouldnt know because they probably dont know

:smh:
By no means a Bronze fan, but his durability is unreal. Are these guys just not training properly or eating right. How can they have this many injuries over there career. PG I can excuse any ankle injuries ever since that horrific one, but other areas? Thigh, hamstring, quad, calf, rotator cuff tear.

By no means a Bronze fan, but his durability is unreal. Are these guys just not training properly or eating right. How can they have this many injuries over there career. PG I can excuse any ankle injuries ever since that horrific one, but other areas? Thigh, hamstring, quad, calf, rotator cuff tear.

when you get an injury, most often than not, the parts of you body overcompensates and overworks thus causing an injury

like for kawhi, theres a good chance all these injuries are from zaza f’n up his ankle and it has become a snowball effect, the rest of his body has to work more then ingles bumps his knee on the same side as the ankle and weakens that leg further thus making the other leg work harder, etc…

and sometimes people are just injury prone

Kawhi had 2 players cost him one of the greatest careers of all time. He was on a ridiculous career trajectory before that ZaZa dirty play. Would have likely won that championship. Then he would have won the championship with the Clippers had it not been for ingles.

5 rings
3 finals MVPs
A chance to win more

LeBron is one of one when it comes to durability, especially when you factor in style-of-play and mileage. At least he was through about age 35. Not really fair to compare anyone to him.

And I think genetics and plain old luck has a lot to do with health for NBA players. I know that when they were with the Clippers, both Blake and CP3 put alot of effort and money into taking care of their bodies and still came up injured alot (particularly in the playoffs). Being injury prone doesn't necessarily mean a guy is doing anything wrong as far as training, etc. But with the Clippers, there is the issue of our training staff likely being trash, which certainly doesn't help.

And on Kawhi, because of what's happened in the past, I think he's reached a point where he is not willing to play unless he's feeling close to 100 percent. Just not going to play through pain/injury, so misses games with things that might not keep other guys off the floor.

LeBron is one of one when it comes to durability, especially when you factor in style-of-play and mileage. At least he was through about age 35. Not really fair to compare anyone to him.

And I think genetics and plain old luck has a lot to do with health for NBA players. I know that when they were with the Clippers, both Blake and CP3 put alot of effort and money into taking care of their bodies and still came up injured alot (particularly in the playoffs). Being injury prone doesn't necessarily mean a guy is doing anything wrong as far as training, etc. But with the Clippers, there is the issue of our training staff likely being trash, which certainly doesn't help.

And on Kawhi, because of what's happened in the past, I think he's reached a point where he is not willing to play unless he's feeling close to 100 percent. Just not going to play through pain/injury, so misses games with things that might not keep other guys off the floor.
You would think with as much as Balmer has put up he would make sure he has the best of the best available. I remember YEARS ago, probably decades now Blazers use to have HORRIBLE everyone was always injured.

You would think with as much as Balmer has put up he would make sure he has the best of the best available. I remember YEARS ago, probably decades now Blazers use to have HORRIBLE everyone was always injured.
This Guy Needs to GO!!! The moment Lob City was over, He should've have been as well! Been saying this for years!

Attachments

• 1669665069408.png
    1669665069408.png
    59 KB · Views: 306
Nobody understands why Jason Powell still has his job as head trainer for the team. He must know where EVERYONE’s bodies are buried. That’s the only explanation any long-time Clippers fans can come up with.

^^^Yeah, looks like we’re going to see a lot of the kids tonight. Boston flew to Utah today to play.

Low expectations for a W; just hoping for some good performances from da yutes (and that I don’t have to watch Mook put up 25 shots, yuck)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom