OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

Lance was very good for us this season, and was coming around again after finally getting out of Doc's doghouse.

With Austin hurt right now, it sucks that we're giving him up but whatever.

Honestly don't like this deal at all. Makes us worse in the short term considering the injuries we have and will only make us marginally better, as best, in the long term.

Honestly don't like this deal at all. Makes us worse in the short term considering the injuries we have and will only make us marginally better, as best, in the long term.
I'll wait until after 12pm Thursday to evaluate because I honestly feel like there's more to this deal than what we know so far.

Also, by this time next week we may pick up another guard on the 10 day circuit so we'll see. 

If Channing Frye can shoot above 35% from 3 with us, then it's a plus. But again, PP plays way too much for Channing to get an adequate shot in the long run.

Tbh PP has been a bigger issue this year than Lance and Josh

No question. And by dumping Josh and now Lance were losing what could have been the kind of defensive versatility that could have helped against GSW.

I'm not sure if it's Doc the GM or Doc the coach who is failing, but considering the players he picks up in trade/as FAs rarely work out, one of them isn't getting it done.

While he has had failures we also have to acknowledge that Aldrich, JJ, and DeAndre hve hd their best seasons under Doc.

the funniest thing is we have no shot at a title this year so none of this really matters :lol:

reverse jinx? :nerd:

While he has had failures we also have to acknowledge that Aldrich, JJ, and DeAndre hve hd their best seasons under Doc.

the funniest thing is we have no shot at a title this year so none of this really matters
laugh.gif

reverse jinx?
nerd.gif
Not to mention Blake this season was probably headed towards his best season as a pro, and CP had one of his best years ever last year under Doc. 

JJ and Deandre like you said.

The fact of that matter is, this team's core members are and for the most part perform at an elite level. What we (and most other teams in this league struggle with) struggle with is hitting homeruns on buy low guys like the spurs do, or the warriors have done recently.

Regardless, while this team is flawed, I do believe in a different climate this team would be much closer to a championship than it is now. We, like every other team in the league, have just been caught in this incredible run that GSW is having so unless we or any other team get lucky, none of this really matters.

Some things I would love to see sat defensively against gsw...

1. Be extremely physical with curry and thompson

2. switch any pnr involving green/curry and then...

3. Force curry to drive at all costs

4. extensive Weak side defensive activity.

5. Absolutely no corner 3s

Imo

Just as I was a believer that we would get it together by the beginning of the calendar year...I'm a FIRM believer that we can beat gsw in a 7 game series.

Last edited:
Some things I would love to see sat defensively against gsw...

1. Be extremely physical with curry and thompson

2. switch any pnr involving green/curry and then...

3. Force curry to drive at all costs

4. extensive Weak side defensive activity.

5. Absolutely no corner 3s

Imo

Just as I was a believer that we would get it together by the beginning of the calendar year...I'm a FIRM believer that we can beat gsw in a 7 game series.

Personally, I wanna see us trap curry on the curry / draymond p&r and stay at home on corner shooters. Force draymond to finish over, and over, and over again

Personally, I wanna see us trap curry on the curry / draymond p&r and stay at home on corner shooters. Force draymond to finish over, and over, and over again

Somebody has to rotate or green would get layup drill type layups all game...right?

That could work too, but the rotating defender must come from a non corner 3pt shooter... (Not named klay thompson) especially against their small lineup.

^^^ And we need to go at Curry on offense THE WHOLE GAME. There's been a couple times where he's gotten in early foul trouble against us and then has come back in the game and just coasted. I don't care who he ends up guarding, that person has to be involved in the offense and make Curry work.

Marc J. SpearsVerified account‏@SpearsNBAYahoo

Clippers are expected to stand pat through the trade deadline, but likely will sign a D-League big man to 10-Day deal soon, a source said.

Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account‏@WojVerticalNBA

Clippers still unwilling to commit to Channing Frye deal with Magic, league sources tell @TheVertical. Cavs have real chance to get Frye.
I'm okay with this. Channing wasn't a pressing need and he still has two years left on his deal.

Lance 
smokin.gif
  This is going to be the move that we DONT make that propels us to the WCF / NBA Finals. Semi Srs. We're going to need him.

Last edited:

Dan WoikeVerified account‏@DanWoikeSports

Ultimately, the limited impact, guaranteed years and dollars on Frye's contract led the team to pass on a deal, per source.
Yup, called it.

If you really want to move lance, you can do it in the summer. He's 24, in the midst of playing very well for us, and has a team option that we can exercise if we genuinely don't want him.

@DanWoikeSports   2m2 minutes ago

Another interesting tidbit I heard: had the Clippers dealt Lance Stephenson, they'd still try and re-sign him this offseason.
Wooaaa

Last edited:

@ShamsCharania   3m3 minutes ago

The Los Angeles Clippers are planning to sign D-League rebound leader Alex Stephenson to 10-day contract, league sources tell The Vertical.
Making moves outchea' 
smokin.gif

Again, we are in a win now mode so I don't know how / when these 10 days will play but I've been a fan of Alex since USC, he couldddd help....probably not though

I'm okay with this. Channing wasn't a pressing need and he still has two years left on his deal.

Lance :smokin   This is going to be the move that we DONT make that propels us to the WCF / NBA Finals. Semi Srs. We're going to need him.

Agree. Wasn't excited about any of the potential deals I was hearing about. Ryan Anderson was one name that was interesting, but I don't think we had enough to get him.

Glad Lance is staying around.

And you never know - someone could get bought out that might be useful to us. But I'm cool with what we've got. Like I've said before, if we're going to get to the WCF for beyond, its going to come down to our core guys anyway.

Like I've said before, if we're going to get to the WCF for beyond, its going to come down to our core guys anyway.
Bingo,

There was nothing out there that would have projected us to be better than GSW / SAS via a trade or something like that. We'll see what the buyout market looks like. But i'm honestly okay with the roster we have now. I think this roster can get it done. Most confident i've been in a clipper team in a minute, and it's mainly due to defense.

Also, I'm glad to see we're keeping lance as well. It's about time we start keeping some young talent, especially with Austin out. Hope we pick up his option this summer as well.

This dude can't help but give away picks, don't see it as an upgrade either. Wes is better.

I guess Lance it too much competition for Austin for Doc's liking.

Last edited:
I like the jeff green deal

I'm good with it too, though I like Lance and will miss him.

And I'm basically indifferent to Doc giving away picks at this point. We didn't have one for years anyway. So what I suspect will happen is that we'll eventuallyh reach a point that this core will be blown up and that we'll get some picks back as part of that process.

Yea I would also have been fine keeping Lance. Honestly the only reason I wanted to trade him was because I had no faith in Doc playing him consistently. He can't help us when he has 15 minutes followed by 6 DNPs.

The picks thing irks me because I can't think of a trade Doc's made where adding a pick to the deal was justifiable. Why did he have to include a picktoday? we would have been better off actually playing lance.l the rest of the year.

Or maybe Doc is a genius and makes me look like an idiot come May.

Jeff Green's name is better than who he is.

He isn't that good.

However, it doesn't take much for anyone to be great with the core four. Lance, luc, Matt barnes, etc. all were among the best lineups in the NBA. Issue is, I don't see him playing that much with the core 4 so whatever. He's definitely not good enough to carry a second unit offensively. 

We're going to chase Lance this summer too.

I would be way more optimistic of Jeff Green if he was going to be a starter.

But he's not. Alas...

Our success in the playoffs isn't going to come down to him anyway. 

Back
Top Bottom