OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2013-2014 SEASON THREAD (PLAYOFFS! 2nd Round v. OKC; Series at 2-2)

Not catching any breaks tonight. Ball bounces of someone's foot, Barnes falls and Mo makes a 3. SMH.

Holy smokes tonight was reminiscent of clippers from the early 2000s :smh:

Loss was brutal. Even Doc wanted to leave at halftime.

Was live at the game last night. Everything just seemed off. But I'd rather have us struggle and grow and then hit our high late in the season riding the high in to the playoffs. Last Decemeber we peaked and it got it us nowhere come playoffs.

My only real concern yesterday was that there seemed to be some heated words with Doc and JCrossover. Hopefully nothing serious.

Was live at the game last night. Everything just seemed off. But I'd rather have us struggle and grow and then hit our high late in the season riding the high in to the playoffs. Last Decemeber we peaked and it got it us nowhere come playoffs.

My only real concern yesterday was that there seemed to be some heated words with Doc and JCrossover. Hopefully nothing serious.

Yeah, like I said in the NBA thread, team came out sleepwalking. Uncharacteristically sloppy play from BG and even CP. Basically spotted the Suns a 10 point lead and things got worse from there. I'm going chalk it up to just one of those off nights.

You're right about us peaking too early last season. That does not seem like it will be a problem this year.

Doc Rivers:
"You guys are still here? I would have left at halftime. I tried to but they wouldn't throw me out. We've done nothing. Did we go to the Finals last year? Did I miss something?"

:smh:

Let's hope this is that jumpstart we need to come out beast mode in the new month. We've got a relatively medium upcoming schedule but the I'm just looking ahead to the 10th vs the Lakers.

Granted it was only the Bobcats, but that win last night helped get the bad taste from the PHX loss out of my mouth a bit. We're a very dangerous teams when we're making 3s.

And Blake :nthat: . Blake Show 2.0 - the Sniper.

Fam. Faaaaam!!

Who was that out there making jumpers and a 3 in Blake's body tho!?!? :smokin :nthat:

Dude that 3 he hit was as ill as any dunk. Then Mullens who's getting super few minutes comes in at the end and just cherry bombs in 2 3-pointers?

When we're on fire we're on fire BUT that cannot deter us from continuing to work and make improvements in the post.

It was a great way to kick of the year. #clipset

I'm sick fam. CP3 out for 3-5+ weeks?! and now Knicks talking about Melo for Blake trade?

Man. If this was blake from last year I mighta been like yeah, but with Blake's turnaround this season no way.

And Deandre with 25 points tonight? :nthat:

This time without CP3 is gonna be huge. Will really set the tone for whether the team can overcome adversity and pull out some Ws. Don't think D.C. will have too much issues running the offense and I expect more big-to-big action between Blake/DJ.

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery CP3!

If ever there was a time for Blake to step up and prove he really is one of the best players in the game, this is it. If he does, CP's injury might end up being a blessing in disguise because Blake could take the confidence to being a # 1 option into the playoffs.

Deandre showed he's capable of performing just as good as blake today, if both of them play at their best theres no stopping them! J crawf and the other role players can fill in the gaps. The only bad thing is without cp3 they lack leadership and hopefully BG can step up!

Game was just a buzz saw tonight. Spurs played out of their minds in the 1st half. I'm actually proud of our guys for playing well in the second half.

Spurs are seriously one of the most consistent franchises in nba history, I cant even date back to when they actually sucked a bit

^^^. I can. It was the year before they drafted Duncan and David Robinson missed most of the year with an injury. That's why they got the first pick. They've been a machine ever since then.

Spurs were coming off 3 home losses one to the Knicks if I'm not mistaken. Pop had given them a lashing for sure. There was no way they were gonna make it easy or lose. I was sick after the first half so I turned it off. Glad we didn't lose that bad but still. This is an easy month. I just hate that we have the Lakers on Friday with no CP3. If they do trade Pau today we'll have a better chance of getting sweet revenge.

Last edited:
Wayns got waived today and Hedo Turkoglu worked out for us. I'm fine with them signing Hedo if it looks like he has something left. We definitely need someone else who can handle the ball and initiate offense.

Wayns got waived today and Hedo Turkoglu worked out for us. I'm fine with them signing Hedo if it looks like he has something left. We definitely need someone else who can handle the ball and initiate offense.

Whatever happened to Gilbert Arenas?

Wouldn't mind having him on the squad

Whatever happened to Gilbert Arenas?

I don't know exactly. I thought he was in our training camp, but I don't think he played any preseason games. Must not have been very impressive, if he couldn't make the team over Wayns in the first place.

Apparently, we're looking at Darius Morris too.

Morris is a done deal. He may even play tonight. Hedo still a possibility.

Back
Top Bottom