Official Los Angeles Clippers 10-11 Season Thread - The Griffin Era Begins (Again)

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Deron had a lot to say about stand-out Clipper forward Blake Griffin.

"He's an animal.  He's a monster.  He's a force in this league.  Hewill be for years to come," said Williams, who agreed Blake is thefavorite to win Rookie of the Year.  "He's so athletic - strong. There's not many weaknesses in his game."

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=18343#ixzz1Erk3wHWO

this means nothing at all
laugh.gif
Any other player in league would probably say the same thing.
I'm not saying its not gonna happen, I just dont see it happening. Clips will be better in 2 years, but i dont know if good enough for a power house team.

a team with deron, gordon, and griffin would be sick. get a defensive center and slasher and that team would be trouble.

but back to reality...what the !!+% are the clippers thinking???? get rid of kaman! he $$@%+@* SUCKS....

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Deron had a lot to say about stand-out Clipper forward Blake Griffin.

"He's an animal.  He's a monster.  He's a force in this league.  Hewill be for years to come," said Williams, who agreed Blake is thefavorite to win Rookie of the Year.  "He's so athletic - strong. There's not many weaknesses in his game."

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=18343#ixzz1Erk3wHWO

this means nothing at all
laugh.gif
Any other player in league would probably say the same thing.
I'm not saying its not gonna happen, I just dont see it happening. Clips will be better in 2 years, but i dont know if good enough for a power house team.

Dude, they already have a 22 y/o and a 21 y/o both in the top 10 in PPG. The only two teams that have 2 in the top 10 are the Heat and Knicks.

Originally Posted by drop knee 101

what team would want/need kaman?

warriors

Dude, they already have a 22 y/o and a 21 y/o both in the top 10 inPPG. The only two teams that have 2 in the top 10 are the Heat andKnicks.

Don't get me wrong, they gonna be good. BG and EG are very good, but IMO i just think with the owner mouthing off on players during the game, and the history of the team, kinda hurts it in terms of luring in big time FA's. Maybe i'm wrong, it would be nice to see the Clips competitive, they could def make some moves if the pieces fall in the right place, wish i could say the same for the warriors
ohwell.gif
30t6p3b.gif

oh hell naw i dont want kaman on the warriors..... our front court is already garbage.... kaman is soft as baby #%!% and he will try to outscore monta every night until he gets hurt again...

Originally Posted by NobleKane

oh hell naw i dont want kaman on the warriors..... our front court is already garbage.... kaman is soft as baby #%!% and he will try to outscore monta every night until he gets hurt again...

better than biedrins

If he can run, I'd take him.

But that Baron trade is trash for you guys. It's not like Baron was stagnating Blake's progress or anything. He was actually making Blake's life easier. They lose the uptempo, lob it up whenever you can game. Mo Williams isn't a bum, but you not getting the lob ability that B.D. has. Mo is more of a scorer and I don't know how great that works when you got Eric Gordan and Randy Foye as scoring type guards already. I think B.D. was great for the Clippers.

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

If he can run, I'd take him.

But that Baron trade is trash for you guys. It's not like Baron was stagnating Blake's progress or anything. He was actually making Blake's life easier. They lose the uptempo, lob it up whenever you can game. Mo Williams isn't a bum, but you not getting the lob ability that B.D. has. Mo is more of a scorer and I don't know how great that works when you got Eric Gordan and Randy Foye as scoring type guards already. I think B.D. was great for the Clippers.
The reasons you cited are not reasons why you make or don't make a trade when the team is already out of the playoff hunt.

The trade was made to clear up cap space, and move the seemingly unmovable $15M that is owed to Baron in 12-13.

If you think BD was great for the Clippers, you haven't followed enough to comment on that
laugh.gif
. Dude showed up fat for 3 consecutive seasons, can't trust him.

thunder
hawks

i understand trading baron, but then I don't.

poor blake. can't catch alley oops from a PG with limited vision

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

If there is any chance possible to avoid paying Baron Davis $15M in 2012-13 then you jump on it immediately.

That pretty much sums it all up.

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

If there is any chance possible to avoid paying Baron Davis $15M in 2012-13 then you jump on it immediately.

That pretty much sums it all up.

and that part i understand.

but baron was playing his best basketball as a clipper ever. and if i am reading this correctly, d will and paul will be FA's in 2012. if i'm not mistaken, at least use a motivated baron until then.

i would have dealt Kaman for a quality SF

I'm at work so here goes a long post. Here's my thought on the trade:

Trading BD
I don't think there's any clipper fan who didn't think the Baron contract was terrible the moment Benedict Brand decided to go to philly. The contract was only given to him with the thought of potentially becoming a contender which obviously went out the window when Brand left.

Now 3 lottery-pick seasons later we're even worse off than we were that summer(record wise). So we have a 30+ PG who has been playing great the last month or two but are we really going to contend next year? I would say the earliest we would realistically make some noise would be in 2012-2013 and i believe BD would be making about 16mil. Mind you he most likely wouldn't even be starting PG at that point. So why not move him and give us a chance for Deron Williams or someone else?

Trading 1st Rd Pick
Giving up our 1st RD pick is what initially bothered me and i think what most people are making fun of our FO for. From all accounts (even here on NT) this is one of the weakest draft classes since the Warrick draft. On top of that with eric Gordon coming back soon and Kaman just coming back im pretty sure we would have been playing better ball and end up with around the 10th best record. So let's say we got the 10th pick in a weak draft what could we have gotten? A better PG than BD/bledsoe? better SG that EG? better SF than aminu? better PF than Blake? better C than DJ/Kaman? I doubt we would have been able to get someone who would start on our team anytime in the near future so I'm okay with trading it. Another thing that seems to be slipping people's minds is that we have the T'wolves unprotected first rounder next year which will most likely be a lottery pick. So i don't think we lose much by trading our 1st rd even tho i DO wish we would have protected it just in case we got a top 3 pick by some miracle.

Getting that *#^@! Mo Williams
Now my main problem with the trade is getting this $(%@! Mo Williams. My hate for him is STRONG. Ever since his All-star crying my hate has just been growing and growing. Him disappearing in the playoffs, crying when bron left and then the "im a big deal" attitude when they beat us as if they weren't the worst team in the lg. People say BD only shows up for big games and I counter with Mo Williams having one of his worst seasons and it just so happens to be the year bron leaves. Don't give that injury crap either. You think he wouldn't play through those if bron was still there? He's a coward. I pray to god we trade him or buy him out because my biggest fear is that he plays great for us and I have to cheer for this lame.

Moon
Don't really care about moon. Either sucks and it's what we all expected or he plays 7 min a game and gives us some energy.

IMO we should have tried to move Foye for someone/picks while his stock is growing right now. He's been playing great lately so I wouldn't mind him off the bench when EG gets back but i think we could have fooled a team into giving us a nice future pick for him.

All in all i don't think we got swindled like most people are making it seem but i DO think we could have done a little better. The only thing that could make us look terrible is if the Cavs find a diamond in the rough with our pick which would be likely to happen with our luck
ohwell.gif

Horrible horrible horrible. Here I was ready to put on my Clipper license plate holder back on my ride and I hear of this trade to get rid of Bdiddy. Freaking Clips. I guess no more Jessica Alba at Clipper games NOW!
when you got Eric Gordan and Randy Foye as scoring type guards already. I

^Exactly.  Foye showed a ton of potential in that Knicks game. EG is EG!  Where does that leave Mo Williams?  I am so mad right now!!!!
mad.gif

Originally Posted by erupt107th

I'm at work so here goes a long post. Here's my thought on the trade:

Trading BD
I don't think there's any clipper fan who didn't think the Baron contract was terrible the moment Benedict Brand decided to go to philly. The contract was only given to him with the thought of potentially becoming a contender which obviously went out the window when Brand left.

Now 3 lottery-pick seasons later we're even worse off than we were that summer(record wise). So we have a 30+ PG who has been playing great the last month or two but are we really going to contend next year? I would say the earliest we would realistically make some noise would be in 2012-2013 and i believe BD would be making about 16mil. Mind you he most likely wouldn't even be starting PG at that point. So why not move him and give us a chance for Deron Williams or someone else?

Trading 1st Rd Pick
Giving up our 1st RD pick is what initially bothered me and i think what most people are making fun of our FO for. From all accounts (even here on NT) this is one of the weakest draft classes since the Warrick draft. On top of that with eric Gordon coming back soon and Kaman just coming back im pretty sure we would have been playing better ball and end up with around the 10th best record. So let's say we got the 10th pick in a weak draft what could we have gotten? A better PG than BD/bledsoe? better SG that EG? better SF than aminu? better PF than Blake? better C than DJ/Kaman? I doubt we would have been able to get someone who would start on our team anytime in the near future so I'm okay with trading it. Another thing that seems to be slipping people's minds is that we have the T'wolves unprotected first rounder next year which will most likely be a lottery pick. So i don't think we lose much by trading our 1st rd even tho i DO wish we would have protected it just in case we got a top 3 pick by some miracle.

Getting that *#^@! Mo Williams
Now my main problem with the trade is getting this $(%@! Mo Williams. My hate for him is STRONG. Ever since his All-star crying my hate has just been growing and growing. Him disappearing in the playoffs, crying when bron left and then the "im a big deal" attitude when they beat us as if they weren't the worst team in the lg. People say BD only shows up for big games and I counter with Mo Williams having one of his worst seasons and it just so happens to be the year bron leaves. Don't give that injury crap either. You think he wouldn't play through those if bron was still there? He's a coward. I pray to god we trade him or buy him out because my biggest fear is that he plays great for us and I have to cheer for this lame.

Moon
Don't really care about moon. Either sucks and it's what we all expected or he plays 7 min a game and gives us some energy.

IMO we should have tried to move Foye for someone/picks while his stock is growing right now. He's been playing great lately so I wouldn't mind him off the bench when EG gets back but i think we could have fooled a team into giving us a nice future pick for him.

All in all i don't think we got swindled like most people are making it seem but i DO think we could have done a little better. The only thing that could make us look terrible is if the Cavs find a diamond in the rough with our pick which would be likely to happen with our luck
ohwell.gif

Nice analysis
pimp.gif

It's all about freeing up cap space.

Now if we could move Kaman, this season would count for something.

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Horrible horrible horrible. Here I was ready to put on my Clipper license plate holder back on my ride and I hear of this trade to get rid of Bdiddy. Freaking Clips. I guess no more Jessica Alba at Clipper games NOW!
when you got Eric Gordan and Randy Foye as scoring type guards already. I
^Exactly.  Foye showed a ton of potential in that Knicks game. EG is EG!  Where does that leave Mo Williams?  I am so mad right now!!!!
mad.gif

come one brotha!  why did that come off in the first place?

damn it i HATE this look with bledsoe running the show. maybe its just me.

i cant wait till EG gets back and im anxious to see if Mo will help the situation.

bledsoe smh

and foye hot behind the arc in the first and then vinnie sits him smh

I love Blake Griffin and clipps my second favorite team, but Clipper announcer just said Blake could be the third greatest passing forward ever after Larry and Rick Barry
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

I love Blake Griffin and clipps my second favorite team, but Clipper announcer just said Blake could be the third greatest passing forward ever after Larry and Rick Barry
roll.gif
roll.gif

usually the Blake lovefest is deserved, but that's beyond outlandish.

lebron james is rolling over in his grave right now

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Youa Laker and Warriors fan
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom