Official Los Angeles Clippers 10-11 Season Thread - The Griffin Era Begins (Again)

Originally Posted by lawdog1

We need to get the next to home games going into the monster road trip.

I hope we can at least  go .500 or better on that trip.
grin.gif

Its so awesome in sports to see something like Blake Griffin happen. I havent caught more than a few of his games, but he's got a shaq-like presence. Any clips fans know how often he has a "throw-down"? a.k.a. that dunk thats not really a dunk but more like a downwards chuck into the rim a la D12's superman dunk. Griffin did it in that game against the knicks and I feel like he could make it his trademark.

Originally Posted by Beast13

Its so awesome in sports to see something like Blake Griffin happen. I havent caught more than a few of his games, but he's got a shaq-like presence. Any clips fans know how often he has a "throw-down"? a.k.a. that dunk thats not really a dunk but more like a downwards chuck into the rim a la D12's superman dunk. Griffin did it in that game against the knicks and I feel like he could make it his trademark.
Stop.

I have to admit Foye has done a tremendous job in the wake of Gordon's absence. Let's keep this going and not allow the baby bulls to seek revenge on Wed.
devil.gif

BG is a certified animal. I'm a fan. I hope you guys do well. I'td be a good treat that for all his hardwork you guys grab a seed in the west. Who would've thought we'd see another physical freak of nature like lebron so soon..

i hope quake griffin can stay healthy and have a solid career. He has the body that'll allow him to do incredible things, hopefully he hones those skills and becomes a true offensive threat in the years too come. clippers showing some life..cheers

Is Blake Griffin a good defender, I know the kid is an offensive nightmare, but I looked at his stats and he only averages 0.6 BPG and 0.7 SPG. Not saying stats make you a good defender I haven't seen him on a consistent basis, so can you Clippers fans enlighten me on his Post D, and IQ defensively?

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

I have to admit Foye has done a tremendous job in the wake of Gordon's absence. Let's keep this going and not allow the baby bulls to seek revenge on Wed.
devil.gif

He's performed really well. He seems to be the type that plays better when he has more responsibility/starting.

With the news that Gordon is now listed as day-to-day, I can't wait to see how the team responds to its biggest test of the season coming up. But first, let's try to get a season sweep against Chicago
pimp.gif

Damn. Just got pretty consistent checking Clipper games and the site I watch em on goes down.
30t6p3b.gif

Takes L.

Good news about EJ, he'll definitely be needed for the long road trip. Hopefully Foye can continue his great play coming off the bench. His production will be much needed off the bench because other than Diogu, the bench is non-existent.

Originally Posted by JaeEvolution

Is Blake Griffin a good defender, I know the kid is an offensive nightmare, but I looked at his stats and he only averages 0.6 BPG and 0.7 SPG. Not saying stats make you a good defender I haven't seen him on a consistent basis, so can you Clippers fans enlighten me on his Post D, and IQ defensively?
I would rate his individual defense right now as below average and his team defense as average.  He does a pretty good job of hedging on screens and taking charges, but he's not great about helping off his man when there is penetration in the lane.  Hence, the lack of blocks.  He just doesn't have good shot blocking instincts.  As far as individual defense goes, he hasn't been that good.  On the post, he doesn't do a great job keeping his man off the block.  I think sometimes he's not as physical as he could be because he worries about getting in foul trouble.  I think he'll improve defensively over time, especially when the refs give him more leeway, but I don't think he's ever going to be a lock down defender or great shot blocker.  Still, he's a smart player and he hustles, so I think he will end up being a good team defensive player.  

went to the game last night and got to see the lil asian kid whos always behind the clipps bench. i dont know why i was so stoked to see the kid. Im guessing his fam has something to do with the clipps organization. anyone know who he is?

random irrelevant facts SMH at me

Originally Posted by lawdog1

Originally Posted by JaeEvolution

I would rate his individual defense right now as below average and his team defense as average.  He does a pretty good job of hedging on screens and taking charges, but he's not great about helping off his man when there is penetration in the lane.  Hence, the lack of blocks.  He just doesn't have good shot blocking instincts.  As far as individual defense goes, he hasn't been that good.  On the post, he doesn't do a great job keeping his man off the block.  I think sometimes he's not as physical as he could be because he worries about getting in foul trouble.  I think he'll improve defensively over time, especially when the refs give him more leeway, but I don't think he's ever going to be a lock down defender or great shot blocker.  Still, he's a smart player and he hustles, so I think he will end up being a good team defensive player.  
I agree with the explanation for why he doesn't have a lot of blocks, but just based off of his athleticism and the effort he plays with I expect to see a couple of weak side blocks a game when he starts to get a hang for doing that.

I'll take BG's consistent PPG, RPG & APG output over any BPG & SPG. DJ/Ike/Bledsoe can rack up the blocks and Baron/Foye/Gordon/Gomes can worry about the steals.

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

I'll take BG's consistent PPG, RPG & APG output over any BPG & SPG. DJ/Ike/Bledsoe can rack up the blocks and Baron/Foye/Gordon/Gomes can worry about the steals.
I'm with you.  He more than makes up for any defensive deficiencies he has with the other stuff he does.  I was just saying that defense is one area where he can -- and will -- make significant improvements.  

I meant to post this the other night

Clippers vs. Bucks  ///  1-31-11  ///  (Photos)

11013110.jpg

Spoiler [+]
1101311.jpg

1101315.jpg

110131-4.jpg

1101316.jpg

110131-11.jpg

1101317.jpg

11013112.jpg

1101319.jpg

110131-8.jpg

11013113.jpg

11013110.jpg

1101312.jpg

I owe Eric Bledsoe an apology. I thought he was the worst PG in summer league history since OJ Mayo.

He looks like a legit PG out there

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

I owe Eric Bledsoe an apology. I thought he was the worst PG in summer league history since OJ Mayo.
Oh, he was.

He looks like a legit PG out there
He definitely is. Understandably, he played a lot better when he was the starter.

Blake going HAM tonight but the Bulls are hot from the 3 point line. Blake might go for 50 but I'm hoping the Clips can get the W.

Back
Top Bottom