Official Lebron X Thread Vol. Early Bird

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they are really going back with 360 max. Gonna hold my
Judgement. So far they look similar to a bunch of the shoes you guys posted. I hope the finished product will be unique though.

again even with ugly look the south beach X will be sold out eventually LOL!!

There is no way to tell how early a sample that pic is. I know from designing myself, that the first design is far from the last design. It's just to get a feel and a idea for where you want to go.

Like I said, it looks a lot like the 8 and 9 combined. That's a good start, they'll build off of that and I'm sure it will be a solid sneaker.

^And most of it is talk about the price tag.
Question for you all about Nike+. Will both versions of the shoes be + compatible? Will you be able to switch out the sensor from shoe to shoe similar to Nike running shoes or is the technology built in to only the higher end version?

Originally Posted by bahunt8

Question for you all about Nike+. Will both versions of the shoes be + compatible? Will you be able to switch out the sensor from shoe to shoe similar to Nike running shoes or is the technology built in to only the higher end version?

Its built in, so no you won't be able to interchange unless you swap the soles. 

Originally Posted by anhuynh16

Originally Posted by bahunt8

Its built in, so no you won't be able to interchange unless you swap the soles. 
Thanks
And i guess we have some specs. Zoom Max it is

http://nikelebron.net/2012/07/01/nike_lebron_x_10_specs_360_zoom_max_hyperfuse_new_flywire/

I don't like where the shoe game is going. Nike's training us to accept paying $300 retail for a pair of balling shoes that will get demolished anyway, as all balling shoes do.
Look at the trend
lebron elites 250
hyperdunk+ 250
lebron 10+ 315
I know there will be options and the standard one is priced reasonably. But I'm sure they'll release some hot colorways available in + only, e.g. big bangs, south beach etc.
What nike has done is have a look on ebay and saw lebrons going for $300+ and thought "why should resellers get 300 for a shoe when we can get that? When what they should have realized is that they created this situation but not producing enough units and they should be doing that instead of jacking up the price. At this rate by the 2014 season retail will be $500.

Good thing reebok has got some really good retros coming out

Originally Posted by Al Bundy5

I don't like where the shoe game is going. Nike's training us to accept paying $300 retail for a pair of balling shoes that will get demolished anyway, as all balling shoes do.
Look at the trend
lebron elites 250
hyperdunk+ 250
lebron 10+ 315
I know there will be options and the standard one is priced reasonably. But I'm sure they'll release some hot colorways available in + only, e.g. big bangs, south beach etc.
What nike has done is have a look on ebay and saw lebrons going for $300+ and thought "why should resellers get 300 for a shoe when we can get that? When what they should have realized is that they created this situation but not producing enough units and they should be doing that instead of jacking up the price. At this rate by the 2014 season retail will be $500.

I agree with u. This is why I won't be buying much anymore. Only outlets and local deals for me.

Sorry if this was posted already, saw this on twitter...

2vl0e28.jpg

I guess the Nike+ version will be three bills. With the recent info being released on Nike's earnings being in sharp decline,http://counterkicks.com/2012/06/28/...012-earnings-falls-off-financial-stock-cliff/ , Nike is going to have some pretty interesting years coming up, especially if they continue with these price increases. Personally, I cannot justify paying two hundred dollars and up for shoes made out of plastic, as it doesn't make any sense. It's no wonder that people would rather wear the Jordan retro versions for off court wear, rather than doling out big bucks for Nike Basketball's offerings, waiting for them to go on sale, then copping at deep discounts if they are going to ball in them. 
What's obvious is that LeBron's line, not even Kobe's line, even with this new tech, is helping Nike right about now.   

Look at the trend
lebron elites 250
hyperdunk+ 250
lebron 10+ 315

Nobody is training you to do anything. Unless you can't think for yourself and just buy whatever Nike throws at you. I for one will not be part of this. I love the Lebron Elites and I'm sure the X+ will bring on the heat as well but no way am I supporting those prices. Nike can keep on dropping $250+ shoes for all I care. I'll just keep it movin. And if ever that price range becomes the norm for a Nike sig then that's the day I'll quit this shoe game for good.

The real reason to make a three hundred dollar purchase for ANY shoe, is that it is indeed high in quality, then also excelling in durability. Obviously we expect them to look good as well, but the insult here, at least for me it is, is that I can get an even higher quality shoe, one that is durable, good looking, then fitting well, from other companies. Outside of the swoosh, there is nothing on LeBron's shoe that tells me that they are better than the 1, 2, or 3, with those shoes being in a lower price range, then also being of higher quality, than what is being called Elite today.
I don't ever remember the swoosh chipping off of any of the aforementioned shoes, nor one ripping in half with someone stepping on them during in game situations, regardless of who stepped on them.

the ones that are going for 315 have a computer in them. im surprised people still dont know that, no offense.  OP needs to change the title and put the info in it so there isnt a misunderstanding anymore.

Look at the trend
lebron elites 250
hyperdunk+ 250
lebron 10+ 315

Some people just refuse to read. The $300 pair and the $180 pair are the same shoe, just a different sole. 

Originally Posted by raptors29

The hell is Zoom Max? Is that like a combo of the 2 or something?

The Lebron 2 had Zoom Max cushioning (unless this is some next %%+!).

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Look at the trend
lebron elites 250
hyperdunk+ 250
lebron 10+ 315

Some people just refuse to read. The $300 pair and the $180 pair are the same shoe, just a different sole. 

If you had bothered to read my post you would have noticed that I differentiated between the REASONABLY priced standard version and the overpriced + version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom