Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

Someone promoted me to a captain, sweet. Can't believe we got a patchwork quilt of a shoe.

And do you guys think the X had a shoe like the Miami Nights or South Beach? Maybe the Corks, the red suede if it came out.

Why are people so eager to do lace swaps?

Very rarely does it ever look better than the options you were originally given.

I'd say it works a lot more than "rarely." IMO the X Jades and Xmas look better when their laces are swapped, and the Lebron IX in particular lends itself well to switching laces, which was great, considering Nike gave us two pairs for many of the models.

So were there really an estimated 200 pairs of Crown Jewels that were released?? (Just info. I came across on Google)  I'm trying to figure out how bad it's going to be on eBay and other resell sites for the MVP when most of us strike out if the rumor of 600 in July, is true.   The Jewels are definitely a rape price but it's doable for someone who REALLY wants the shoe.  If that price is similar of what's to come....hate on me if you want.... I'm going to start getting my $ in order.  

So were there really an estimated 200 pairs of Crown Jewels that were released?? (Just info. I came across on Google)  I'm trying to figure out how bad it's going to be on eBay and other resell sites for the MVP when most of us strike out if the rumor of 600 in July, is true.   The Jewels are definitely a rape price but it's doable for someone who REALLY wants the shoe.  If that price is similar of what's to come....hate on me if you want.... I'm going to start getting my $ in order.  
I don't know exactly how many Crown Jewels were made but I believe only about 4 or 5 stores actually got them. I'm with you man, I'm getting prepared to go resell route for these. Because I'm almost positive Nike won't do the RIGHT thing in regards to the numbers released for the MVP pair.
I'd say it works a lot more than "rarely." IMO the X Jades and Xmas look better when their laces are swapped, and the Lebron IX in particular lends itself well to switching laces, which was great, considering Nike gave us two pairs for many of the models.
I wouldn't really call using the secondary set of laces that came with a lot of the 9's a lace swap.

But putting flat laces where round laces once were and combined with flywire is just not a good look IMO.

I don't know exactly how many Crown Jewels were made but I believe only about 4 or 5 stores actually got them. I'm with you man, I'm getting prepared to go resell route for these. Because I'm almost positive Nike won't do the RIGHT thing in regards to the numbers released for the MVP pair.

I wouldn't really call using the secondary set of laces that came with a lot of the 9's a lace swap.

But putting flat laces where round laces once were and combined with flywire is just not a good look IMO.
Ya, you're right, it was 5 stores I believe.  Most of the Jewels SELL for $850-$1000....so if the MVP release in double/triple quantity, I can do this.  *sigh* I will also be turning 30 in July, guess I'll be entering my old age with a BANG 
laugh.gif

Everyone hating on the shoe, and a week before rd they'll be like "they grew on me" . Personally I love the various texture and colors

Actually 8 stores got the Crown Jewels if I'm not wrong. 1) NikeLA, 2) NikeNYC 3) NikeLasVegas. 4) House of Hoops North Riverside Mall (Chicago) 5.) HOH Beverly Center (LA) 6. HOH 34th St (NYC) 7. HOH Harlem 8. HOH Dadeland (Miami). Not sure if Shoe gallery and UNKNWN released them or not. Also, at the time of the Crown Jewel Release, NikeChicago was  still under remodeling, so they would've probably gotten the Crown Jewels too

Exactly! The "what the?!" series was essentially designed to be ugly, and to get the gross-out reactions like we've seen on the last couple pages. I'm not saying they're nice, but if you look at it in that context, they've pretty much succeeded with that concept. At least better than they did with the IX:

View media item 398779
View media item 398780
View media item 398784

Just noticed what makes the WTL 9s so dope. The upper was indeed crazy as hell but both shoes still remained identical to one another.
And that icy sole.... :smokin

WTL 9 >>> WTL10.
After seeing hi-res shots of the MVP X, I'm SOLD. I want them BAD, :lol:.

On this matter though, I feel the MVP X looks better than the WTL XI. The silhouette of the X suits this design scheme better. The mesh side prints don't work well for the IXs.

Still debating on the pure plats or Kobe 8 purple fades.....decisions...

I like the MVP shoe but I was expecting something better so I'm good on it.

I lace swap almost every shoe I buy once I find something I like for these plats i'm switching and a lot of people lace swap to stand diff than everyone else that's got the shoe on, also has anyone tried out or ordered any custom LeBron lace locks? I found this website that make them:

http://lancercustoms.bigcartel.com/product/lebron-x-lion-lacelock
I get most of my laces off ebay, its hard because you can't perfect match crazy nike colors unless you can hold everything in hand, caught hell with nike's atomic teal and now sport turquoise, smdh, 7734 half of nike's shirts don't match the shoes that they say are the same color

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom