Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

i honestly just dont respect what hes done. my personal opinion.

its easy to generate revenue when your plan is to just retro and retro and retro shoes. doesnt take a rocket science to do that.

the credit, in my eyes, goes to the original designers/planners/managers that pushed the product years ago not to gentry. he didnt invent the wheel. he just recycled other people's work.
While it doesnt take a Rocket Scientist.. I'd offer up no one other than he and Drew knew to do it... 

You can say the same about the folks at NSW... but NSW blew up because of that concept.

I can respect anyone who by all accounts is given credit by Nike and Jordan for spearheading a rise in Revenue

Dont forget the Concept of the Hybrid were spearheaded by him and extensive Team Shoes.. which make alot of loot for the Brand.. 

Or did.

It's not about looks dude. It's about how the shoes actually perform.

These shoes are not good compare to cheaper alternative like hyperdunk, kobes, kd or hyperfuses, roses etc.

I thought the full length zoom and 360 air at heel would be great but the shoes actually made me feel disconnected from the ground and forefoot flex is no good. They look nice with jean or short in the summer but that's about it.

Cali have the best ballers. There are a lot of good adult leagues over here. Pros come out and play all the time.

GA? Nah. There's like 1 basketball gym every 60 miles lol. I don't think basketball down there is as big and as competitive as compare to Cali
i know that was my point. cats out here dont buy new shoes to ball in, its more so for fashion. and you right these dudes dont ball like that...im from ny and when i came down here i was rudely awakened by the lack of bball competition. them dudes rather smoke and joke on the court.

Dont forget the Concept of the Hybrid were spearheaded by him and extensive Team Shoes.. which make alot of loot for the Brand.. 

Or did.

thats I gave myself the out stating he may do stuff I dont realize. my personal opinion still hasnt changed for him especially since I liked NSW much more BEFORE he got on and hated what he did with JB.

I'm calling those Dolphins. IDGAF about Nike's ridiculous backstories :lol:

Dope colorway either way.

i honestly just dont respect what hes done. my personal opinion.

its easy to generate revenue when your plan is to just retro and retro and retro shoes. doesnt take a rocket science to do that.

the credit, in my eyes, goes to the original designers/planners/managers that pushed the product years ago not to gentry. he didnt invent the wheel. he just recycled other people's work.

BigJ, I think it was the 'hybridization/bastardization' that he pioneered with the DubZero back in '05 that pushed him into the spotlight. I worked retail and I was blown away at how well that monstrousity sold and at such a high price point too. As Rocky pointed out, before we got the weekly almost daily retro the Team product sold very well.

You are indeed right that it doesn't take a rocket scientist to keep re-re-retroing the same damn kicks over and over, but maybe he took it a little further and experimented with the cheaper materials, etc.. Do you remember the retro Vs from '06? The OG colourways like Fire Red and Grape had cheap pleather, while the retro+ Stealth colourway had decent tumbled leather. Likewise the retro IV Mars and Military had the worst possible materials you could imagine while the Pure $ and Black Cat were quite decent.

It's plausible that he gets a good rep for the 'cost cutting' aspect of the business rather than the creative side. Look at NSW product under his directon - apart from some marquee release like the Cork X, you have a plethora of Fusions/Hybrids and some 'authentic fake' retros. The current iteration of the AM1 is the worst in years and it doesn't look like it's going to get any better.

lebron x denim or the lebron james dean ?  i think wen more pics come out of the denims more ppl will come around but the two shoes are jus nasty i would pay 250 for both the suede and the denim

The James Dean joints are one of the dopest Lebrons of all time. I don't think these new ones are even comparable. Although I do think the pictures released so far haven't done them any justice, I just don't like the idea of a hot pink midsole and a brown tongue. It's a very nasty clash of colors IMO.

thats I gave myself the out stating he may do stuff I dont realize. my personal opinion still hasnt changed for him especially since I liked NSW much more BEFORE he got on and hated what he did with JB.
I can dig it.. 

Theres def more to everything than what folks see on the surface but I can def see why you'd be salty from your perspective on some stuff.

The Corks were just the beginning of the Sportswear styled LeBrons. The 11's are going to have a few of their own - Sucks that leather is now considered a premium non-basketball material :smh:

I want those Lebron Dolphins but i'm going to have to pass for now. Need some dress shoes.
mean.gif

yea the james dean does seem to blow away the new denim X, dont get me rong i like the denim and will cop but u are right with the tongue being all wrong i think if the tongue was "denim" as well it would look alot better, its not the pink tht gets me,

NO ******G WAY!!!

I just got done with my rec league game about an hour ago and the zoom air bag of my Jades popped on the front half of my right shoe! I seriously cant believe this... 180+ on a pair of sneaks that dont even hold up for their main purpose. SMDH.
mean.gif

mad.gif
My blue diamond popped.  I actually went through FL (where I purchased them) and they replaced them no questions asked.  Jades might be harder to find to replace.

Denim's have grown on me, a lot. And once I have them in hand, I'm sure I'll love them even more. I don't have a specific date, but I'm being told these will drop sometime within the next 2 months, possibly sooner. QSSSSSSSSSS.

yea the james dean does seem to blow away the new denim X, dont get me rong i like the denim and will cop but u are right with the tongue being all wrong i think if the tongue was "denim" as well it would look alot better, its not the pink tht gets me,
Tongue should be white. Maybe they will change the color similar how they did the Barkley posites with the teal sock.

My blue diamond popped.  I actually went through FL (where I purchased them) and they replaced them no questions asked.  Jades might be harder to find to replace.
sorry to hear tht fam but i wana let u kno i have been ballin in multiple pairs of my X's since at least november and havnt had any problems, i ball twice a week, best bball shoe and most comfortable IMO, Not every X is the same some have defects so jus contact nike let em kno

Jus had to pay 1100 to get my whip fixed smh I had planed on copping the dolphins months ago. I get paid tomorrow but ill try tip do the responsible thing

Back
Top Bottom