Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

I'll try to take pics ASAP. It's not extreme yet but they shouldn't be yellowing like this within months while deadstock.

With the XI release just around the corner - where do you rank the Elite Xs in the LBJ signature line? IMO I feel that they are underrated.

With the XI release just around the corner - where do you rank the Elite Xs in the LBJ signature line? IMO I feel that they are underrated.
The X Elites like the previous elite releases are costly and are deter many people from buying and from a performance angle it's not that big of an improvement to warrant a price increase. Elites are a toss up between people

Anyone having yellowing issues on the blue diamond soles? I bought them in march and just wore them for the first time yesterday. Soles are yellowing bad and the air bubble. I just unds them too! Nike said my only option is to return them. Bummed to say the least. No more clear soles for me. That's just wack. Imma keep them cuz I like the shoe but come on Nike...get your ish together.

That's not a Nike issue. It's an oxidation issue with clear soles and its reaction with oxygen. The paper that comes with shoes is acidic and causes a reaction with the composition of the soles as well. How quickly they yellow depends on where/how you store your shoes/wearing frequency.

That's not a Nike issue. It's an oxidation issue with clear soles and its reaction with oxygen. The paper that comes with shoes is acidic and causes a reaction with the composition of the soles as well. How quickly they yellow depends on where/how you store your shoes/wearing frequency.

Good point. I immediately toss out the tissue paper of any sneaker I buy with clear soles. Slows down the yellowing considerably.

Yeah. I'm just not buying clear sole kicks anymore. It's all good. Not too worried about it, just bummed. Since these as you know were $200 retail. They have been stored in a cool room with all my other kicks. I have clear sole shoes but I guess since these are icy clear blue it would be more noticeable . I just don't want to return them. I love the X too much. Oh well.

Yeah. I'm just not buying clear sole kicks anymore. It's all good. Not too worried about it, just bummed. Since these as you know were $200 retail. They have been stored in a cool room with all my other kicks. I have clear sole shoes but I guess since these are icy clear blue it would be more noticeable . I just don't want to return them. I love the X too much. Oh well.

I definitely feel where you're coming from. I wish shoes didn't oxidize or crumble or crease. But it's just the inevitable.

@Fabes_sole on IG does something to soles to completely reverse oxidation.

He has a bunch of before and after pics and even sells the solution now, so that people can do it themselves instead of sending your shoes to him

sweet thanks guys.  i kinda knew they were gonna be takin out the ID option soon but wasnt sure when.  well got a couple of days to create my very first pair of ID.  gonna be makin the Ty Lawson X ID, they r by far the illest lookin X ive seen so far other than some of the PEs that "most" of us cant buy lol

side note - outta my 6 pairs of X, i find the dolphins the most comfortable, dunno why but yeah they just feel better.

I noticed that too about my dolphins feeling more comfortable than the rest. I thought it was just me.

Anyone having yellowing issues on the blue diamond soles? I bought them in march and just wore them for the first time yesterday. Soles are yellowing bad and the air bubble. I just unds them too! Nike said my only option is to return them. Bummed to say the least. No more clear soles for me. That's just wack. Imma keep them cuz I like the shoe but come on Nike...get your ish together.

No yellowing on mine, but I also clean the soles and took the paper out.

I always wonder if any of the LeBron signature shoes yellow. Post some pictures when you can

Kinda like this? Not my pair, these are beat, pulled of ebay

View media item 580139
Yes like that but a little less...since they were just unds the other day. I only have my cellphone camera and it doesn't translate we'll in the photos I tried to take.
I understand it's been months of them sitting in the box but its uncalled for. They shouldn't use it if this happens so fast. The rubber either needs to be thicker or the color in it darker. I could see if I was wearing these once a week for 5 months but not right out of the box. I bet it is why I was able to score them when I did on NDC. Musta been someone's return do to the yellowing. The rep said since they were purchased months ago, a discount or credit does not apply...only a refund return. I've never asked Nike for a discount or credit before so I figured they would try to help out a little. They always make a comment to me on my order history but can't pass me a partial credit? Don't care to keep the spenders happy. There is always someone else willing to spend..that's what I get from that.

my windchill soles are turning greenish...I've heard if you spray waterproofer on it, never tried

Back
Top Bottom