Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
got my first pair today...shoe looks great...i liked it even before it was a limited version.only colorway of the lebron that stands out imo.Let my point out sth here..i think hype and 'limited' rare products get into all us.no one should deny the hype affect.I remember about 4 months ago when i was discussing in the yeezy topic about how if the yeezys were a gr ,still designed by kanye.would hav nonewhat the same affect on people.Imo if sth is limited turns more beautiful in our eyes.I was checking for example the chicago vs royals theme.What if those chicagos were the limited ones?what if they came like 10000 all over the world and jb did a commercial about re-retroeing the og?even with jordan on the tongue and jumpman at the back.and the royals were a gr sold in every moms and pops store...'limited' models,hype is what this game is all about.If those corks were a gr i would definitely rock a pair my self.But now that im not rich,just a teacher working his *** of,I aint gonna pass on a profit like this.Because its just shoes.No hate on the guys that do rock them,no hate on the guys that resell this kind of releases...every opinion has its pros and cons.So to conclude,don't get crazy on this or every other release.AND FOR ****'S SAKE DON'T SPEND 900-1000 OR EVEN MORE ON ******G SHOES!!!!.More i ever spent was 250 euros on a pair of vnds space jams,and i still aint feeling right.Yes that comes from the ''reseller''. Wear the shoes you keep(that comes from the man who still hasn't unds his Concords...cmon bloody summer!!) and don't get crazy or leave anything(friends,family,girlfriend,job,education,quality of life) behind even at least for material **** like shoes.Best things in life aren't 'things'.And since i busted everyone's balls here is my small contribution in photos.
View media item 292585View media item 292587View media item 292588View media item 292589View media item 292593View media item 292594View media item 292595View media item 292596View media item 292604View media item 292605View media item 292606

Sure, I get that everyone's gotta start somewhere. Just saying that all else being equal, it's more likely for me to buy from someone who's got a long history of good feedback vs someone who's just starting out, especially if the shoes involved are really expensive. There's less risk involved if I'm buying for example a pair of $80 Roshes or something vs Corks/South Beaches/Yeezys/etc. In that case, I wouldn't care as much about feedback.

I've also personally had a couple close calls in terms of getting scammed from people with 0 feedback (whether it's been the buyer or seller), so I'm always very cautious about dealing with 0 feedback people. Haven't really had those same type of issues when I've dealt with people with higher feedback ratings. You can get scammed by anybody, but the odds of that happening are lower if someone's got high feedback cuz the dude deals more often and is more likely not to pull something since he depends on having good feedback to keep getting buyers. Scammers are more likely to have 0 feedback because they just want to make a quick buck and disappear. It's all the scammers out there that screw it up for everybody and make people more cautious about buying from someone with 0 feedback.

Youre right x2

They just want that quick buck/shoes then disappear..

I filed a police report on this cybercrime website, but I honestly doubt anything will come of it..

Im also trippin at the fact that Ive never used ebay bcuz of this very topic we're on about scammers, and my 1st time using it, I get got smh

Thats enuff to make me stay away from ebay forever

Well this is my first post and I bet you guys will find this very interesting. 21 Mercer is complete bs, yes they gave out corks but obvs theres some bs going on there and honestly it's completely not fair to everyone else. I got my corks but there needs to be a stop to this!! the guy selling these pairs on ebay somehow gets the 1 of 1 wooden box and also the limited mirror box? also it seems he copped a 3rd normal pair all for resale. look at the sizes he has, all larger sizes which go for more money and less made...  Something needs to be done, everyone should be informed about this bs that goes on at 21 Mercer.
nope

Keep checking your links every day.  Found a cancelled order bout an hour ago on a site, only one size one available.  No more there, but you get the idea, stay hungry & don't sleep.

Geez b's

I wasnt trying to derail this thread about ebay...All I said is that EYE would not buy anything from someone with zero feedback. Especially over an exorbitantly expensive shoe. I'd happy pay extra from a trusted seller with a great history on ebay instead. I wasnt trying to persuade anyone what they should or shouldnt do. I couldnt care less.

I still would like to know what is the concept behind the denims tho? Lol

hey peruwhite, i feel exactly where you are coming from, but unfortunately this being a lebron x thread, you have superfans who will hear nothing slightly negative about their hero or his shoes.  I like the man as a player but thats as far as it goes. i have no need to like a shoe just because its his signature model. The corks are cool, just not for everybody. Some like carbons best, some like jades, its all objective. dont let the fanboys get to you.

thanks illest, looks like we need some new model pics pronto, cause this pause in new info got this thread getting real testy.

Sneakermane

Yes thats exactly what I did

Like I said, he used paypal fake emails to send me info

Saying basically that the dough was deducted from his account and put into mine, but it wouldnt be approved until I provide a valid tracking #, and then the funds will be accessible within 24 hrs at 6pm central time

It was a good scam, specially for the unware like myself, smh

Matter of fact, LAOKRATWR posted the scam email thing in this thread or the kobe thread or kd thread I think

Thats when I became suspicious and started making phone calls to paypal and ebay

Paypal cant/wont do anything bcuz the kix have been shipped and delivered already

Ebay cant/wont do anything bcuz I prolly didnt sell to the highest bidder, but he never bid smh, he just messaged me the offer

I dont list much on ebay any more for these reasons - ebay don't care about sellers the system favors buyers.

Irishbaz

That sux dont it

Buyers are protected and have the advantage

What about the seller

The scammers with fake kix have messed it all up I guess

Thats all I can assume anyway, dnt know too much about ebays procedures/programs bcuz ive never dealt thru them

But not anymore lol

Curtdiggler

Those carmex johns aint hold u over? lol

I wanna see that Red/volt CW, and what the elites are going to look like.

but the rest of it seems like a lot of dissapointment
mean.gif
I am hoping for at least one tight Low to rock for the summer.  I keep searching but can't find what all the Grey and Pink Force gear is for.  Can't be for the Denim because its all ballin gear for a non-ballin shoe.

And really curious what they do to make this an elite model...not really a place for Carbon Fiber...I'm thinking either the two tone upper like the Ring Ceremony or an entirely different shell ala the 9 with the different ankle section

Laughing and poking fun at the "after market" price of the corks. Did you not know what you typed?

Don't think I've laughed or poked fun at the "after market" price. I've been genuinely intrigued by this shoes desperate attraction.

im not calling you a hater. you just make it seem like you hate the shoe. ive been reading your comments and you seem really critical of the shoe and people that like their purchase.

please chill with that "administrator" crap man. not the time nor place.

I don't hate the shoe, I just have an opposing view of the Cork's mass attraction that I thought would make for good solid open adult conversation. I guess y'all "ain't got no time fo dat!"

Those carmex johns aint hold u over? lol

haha.....u trying to get me started, huh? LOL....them things aren't worth mentioning!  Lebron on dem bath salts for posting that ish!

Shiiiii folks would be all over that mess if it were to release with a limited tag slapped on it

Homeboy done said bath salts LOL

But that Mickey D's shoe is atrocious, if I was Debron Id call Carmex and Nike and have them scrap that collab quick like

And have my agent or whoever to gather all the pics of them floating around the net and destroy them like the vid of him getting yammed on at his own camp

[quote name="PeruWhite" url="/t/512147/official-lebron-x-thread-vol-2-corks-and-volts-launch-2-23/18600_20#post_17341210]
im not calling you a hater. you just make it seem like you hate the shoe. ive been reading your comments and you seem really critical of the shoe and people that like their purchase.

please chill with that "administrator" crap man. not the time nor place.

I don't hate the shoe, I just have an opposing view of the Cork's mass attraction that I thought would make for good solid open adult conversation. I guess y'all "ain't got no time fo dat!"[/quote]
i can appreciate your viewpoint. my comment came from you stating your viewpoint over and over and over. i think we get that by now.

Last edited:
Pretty cool write up with plenty of pics and video from the Cork launch at Akron's lifestyle boutique NEXT over at Sole Collector if anyone wants to check it out 

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom