Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did they decrease the price? They could have increased it and it would still sell out instantly.

the $50 difference wont make or break Nike.. if anything the price cut benefits them because now they look good by selling a "premium" shoe for 250 rather than 305$

Lebron Corks are limited anyway so why change price now.

Do you think they will be available in more places as a quickstrike since the price change announcement.

Price change does not make since if these will not be a quickstrike in some locations because with the limited amount Nike could have changed the price to $500 and they would still sell out.
Maybe they made us think it was limited, they dropped the prices cause people were crying.  They probably have like 50,000 units on NDC!  that would be amazing!

Shout out to those that think this is genuine cork on the shoes. No way real cork is on 10,000+ pairs of these.

Have you ever had a nice bottle of wine or worked at a wine and dine restaurant? Cork is so brittle that it would be impossible to put it on there. Not saying they didn't come up with something crazy in the NSW Lab to replicate these. But put it this way, 3 years from now if this is real cork, your shoes are gonna crumble unless you store them like wine bottles.

They can treat cork with chemicals to make it very durable. People put cork flooring in their homes bro, real cork.

Reading the comments in here makes it sound like the price decrease is a bad thing lol. They were gonna be hyped and super hard to get one way or another so it's not like them being at $250 is gonna make it harder to cop. At least now the hole in your wallet ain't gonna be as big. Still think these should've been priced at no more than 180-200 though.

Last edited:
Anyone know when PG Plaza HoH will be issuing the raffle tix?  No way they do FCFS with the amount of chaos that would generate

Just paid 4x box price for these because I can and I'm a hypebeast

Revere my awesomeness

roll.gif

roll.gif

Lol at these dudes paying stupid prices for these "just because they can"

They can treat cork with chemicals to make it very durable. People put cork flooring in their homes bro, real cork.

you do realize that the thicker cork is not made to have any flexibility. a shoe made out of thick work would feel like wood on foot

I had a dream last night where Nike tweeted the link at 8am and it was a live bidding thing to "Purchase a chance to buy the shoes".

Its not a shocker that nike lower the price last min they did the samething with the gold medals. I think its a good thing since they dont come with nike+.

Anyone know when PG Plaza HoH will be issuing the raffle tix?  No way they do FCFS with the amount of chaos that would generate
Bruh "I posted earlier that I was there when they opened. Dude says it's FCFS as he's raising the gate. I ask if he's serious and he just finished raising the gate and walks away...ride all the way out there to confirm if you don't believe me but I hoped to save some of y'all a trip.

nike has made cork insoles before. not sure if real cork or faux cork though. can anybody who's used theirs give a durability update? 

nike has made cork insoles before. not sure if real cork or faux cork though. can anybody who's used theirs give a durability update? 
There's a pic posted a couple pages back someone showed theirs with mad creasing after a few wears.

Sole Classics is Columbus is getting them and doing an "Instagram Raffle", did the same for the Yeezy 2's

Now I have NDC and the raffle so hopefully one works out !

Last edited:
you do realize that the thicker cork is not made to have any flexibility. a shoe made out of thick work would feel like wood on foot

Nike’s latest offering is worth popping the bubbly for. The special-edition “Lebron X” shoe features an upper composed of 100 percent genuine cork, a regenerative material stripped from the bark of the cork oak every nine years. A tribute to Miami Heat basketball player LeBron James, who signed with the sportswear giant 10 years ago (hence the “X”), along with his first championship win in June, the shoe “honors the tradition of cork-popping champagne celebrations,” according to the company. It’s expected to debut in February 23 as a run-up to what Nike promises to be a year of “additional basketball footwear surprises.”

Even thin cork can be treated to be durable, I know of this first hand.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom