Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Lebron wear the jeweled swoosh X (Sport Pack) in games regularly? Seems  idiotic if he did, no offense.
He's worn the Pressures before and the PE he wore for Veteran's Day had a jeweled swoosh so at the very least he's worn the Nike+ enabled Xs in game before.

Not sure if he the pairs he worn are just Nike+ enabled or if they are the Sports Pack

I could be wrong but I believe the "Carbons" are the only pair he's played in that didn't have the jeweled swoosh :nerd:

No, he's also worn the Black/Red a few times as well.

Aside from those two all the Xs he's worn have had the jeweled swoosh (forgot about the Rings Nights).

I stand corrected, after doing a quick search, it appears that EVERY pair of X's he's worn this year has had a jeweled swoosh, including the black/red and the "Carbons" :nerd:

http://imageshack.us/a/img440/5585/bronny.jpg
bronny.jpg
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/3302/miamiheatvdenvernuggets.jpg
miamiheatvdenvernuggets.jpg

(click images/ view image for hi-res)

Last edited:
I stand corrected, after doing a quick search, it appears that EVERY pair of X's he's worn this year has had a jeweled swoosh, including the black/red and the "Carbons"
nerd.gif
Interesting.

Did now know that, good looks.

The 10s are moving quite slow at the malls around here. Some Jades still sitting.

Last edited:
Nice IDs Gentry!!!!

@So Much Sole 23- that avy :pimp: :evil:

Can't wait to pick up Jades from my homie Saturday. Next up Xmas and Blue Diamonds :D

Last edited:
So I wore my buddies pair of X's just to walk around in them, due to the fact that I was going to buy a pair to ball in. I am not a sneaker guy in regard to what I wear with jeans, so my main concern is about hoops. Well, while they are lighter than the III's, but they feel a bit clunkier, higher off the ground than the III's, which are my favorite LeBron's to play in. Also, I noticed that the jeweled swoosh is a bit suspect, then exposed to possible chipping and the paint scrapping off of the surface, which does NOT happen in the III's as well as they maintain their aesthetic integrity under all conditions of play.

For me, the X's are like the Zoom LeBron III Lite.

I'm not copping, then will be looking for more III's, as they are the better, and then more durable shoe.

Last edited:
So I wore my buddies pair of X's just to walk around in them, due to the fact that I was going to buy a pair to ball in. I am not a sneaker guy in regard to what I wear with jeans, so my main concern is about hoops. Well, while they are lighter than the III's, but they feel a bit clunkier, higher off the ground than the III's, which are my favorite LeBron's to play in. Also, I noticed that the jeweled swoosh is a bit suspect, then exposed to possible chipping and the paint scrapping off of the surface, which does NOT happen in the III's as well as they maintain their aesthetic integrity under all conditions of play.

I'm not copping, then will be looking for more III's, as they are the better, and then more durable shoe.

Oh...

You have friends that wear Nikes? Do they receive your relentless wrath and scour for doing so are they exempt? :D Kidding. Interesting that you like 3s out of all the line. I can't really see playing ball in the Xs, Of all recent lebrons, I like the 9s best for playing purposes.

You have friends that wear Nikes? Do they receive your relentless wrath and scour for doing so are they exempt?
happy.gif
Kidding. Interesting that you like 3s out of all the line. I can't really see playing ball in the Xs, Of all recent lebrons, I like the 9s best for playing purposes.
I do wear Nike from time to time, nevermind my friends.
laugh.gif
I simply do not buy into the hype that's generated on boards such as this. Considering that many here do not even play, then are barely athletic outside of walking in mall, you can't trust what most say here in regard to what is a really good basketball shoe. If you are honest about it, then suggesting that other brands do just as well, or even better, you get the you are biased against Nike card played against you.

The X's are suspect for that exact reason. They are too expensive, too cheaply made like their Elite  predecessor. What's happening due to the economy, more people who actually play are now seeking value, rather than simply reacting to the pomp of the swoosh.

The 10s are moving quite slow at the malls around here. Some Jades still sitting.

This is posted every few pages it seems and always baffles me...ya'll get mad at resellers and hypebeats who buy up all the kicks you wants 5 seconds after they drop and want Nike to make enough to go around.

Well either they made plenty to go around or the reseller/HB nonsense has died down, but either way the LeBron's you or anyone else wants ARE STILL AVAILABLE without jumping through hoops. What a concept!

If you like a shoe, buy it. If not, keep it moving, but just because a shoe doesn't sell out on RD means only 1 thing...it will still be available AFTER RD. Period. Sometimes "hype" is in the eye of the beholder, that's what makes our culture go 'round n 'round...just saying. :nerd:

I do wear Nike from time to time, nevermind my friends.:lol: I simply do not buy into the hype that's generated on boards such as this. Considering that many here do not even play, then are barely athletic outside of walking in mall, you can't trust what most say here in regard to what is a really good basketball shoe. If you are honest about it, then suggesting that other brands do just as well, or even better, you get the you are biased against Nike card played against you.

The X's are suspect for that exact reason. They are too expensive, too cheaply made like their Elite predecessor. What's happening due to the economy, more people who actually play are now seeking value, rather than simply reacting to the pomp of the swoosh.

Exactly, repped.

They base a shoe on it's comfort from walking to their room to the fridge to get some iced tea.

I do wear Nike from time to time, nevermind my friends.:lol: I simply do not buy into the hype that's generated on boards such as this. Considering that many here do not even play, then are barely athletic outside of walking in mall, you can't trust what most say here in regard to what is a really good basketball shoe. If you are honest about it, then suggesting that other brands do just as well, or even better, you get the you are biased against Nike card played against you.

The X's are suspect for that exact reason. They are too expensive, too cheaply made like their Elite predecessor. What's happening due to the economy, more people who actually play are now seeking value, rather than simply reacting to the pomp of the swoosh.

Exactly, repped.
They base a shoe on it's comfort from walking to their room to the fridge to get some iced tea.

I played in my Pressures, swoosh was smudging off, the shoe looked bad. Nothing has felt as good on feet (to me) more than the Lebron IX. I love them. The X looks nice, but they are a bit bulky.

Last edited:
I play ball in my newer lebrons also.

for some reason the paint chipping on swooshes doesnt grind my gears tooo much; but yes it is annoying; i especially feel bad for those who cant cop multiples.

i get more annoyed by deep scratches on leather.

Speaking of leather I wish Nike would just give us some leather on these joints.

If not I'm gonna cop a bunch of triple black *s and call it a day.

Whats up yall,

I found these forums a few months back, and I love the community so far.  I've only played in the Olympic X's indoors but from my experience they add alot more cushioning for bigger guys, I'm 6'3'' 230.  The 9's were a little more responsive, but to lose a little quickness you gain a ton of comfort.  I'm almost 31 and landing in my 9's was a little rough sometimes even on hardwood.  The first time I landed in my X's I felt 21 again.  My only problem so far is even though the translucent bottoms look great they are a bish to clean.  I play a couple times a week, intense games not half court slow paced stuff, and so far the shoes still look brand new.   

Thanks for all the opinions and release dates keep the info comin'!

Zach

I passed on the jade's and windchills today copped the kobe yin yangs instead gotta buy kobe's before those ugly 8's come out they look like a running shoe

Whats up yall,

I found these forums a few months back, and I love the community so far.  I've only played in the Olympic X's indoors but from my experience they add alot more cushioning for bigger guys, I'm 6'3'' 230.  The 9's were a little more responsive, but to lose a little quickness you gain a ton of comfort.  I'm almost 31 and landing in my 9's was a little rough sometimes even on hardwood.  The first time I landed in my X's I felt 21 again.  My only problem so far is even though the translucent bottoms look great they are a bish to clean.  I play a couple times a week, intense games not half court slow paced stuff, and so far the shoes still look brand new.   

Thanks for all the opinions and release dates keep the info comin'!

Zach

Nice first post. Great change-up from the dudes looking for resale on some GRs or "which shoes should I buy to start off my collection." Good to see people actually getting involved that are truly interested and not just looking to turn a buck or look cool with their buddies.

Like I said before, corks are fire in person. December 31'st is the date. How appropriate. Don't sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom