Official LEBRON 2010 Thread (The Decision: MIAMI HEAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Rudemiester

^Selfish. Yall would rather see Lebron stick it out in cleveland and possibly remain ringless for the rest of his career than see him fulfill his dreams. Ewing? Barkley? No championships to show for their hard work and dont even get me started on the disrespect the Knicks payed Ewing towards the end of his career.. AND BARKLEY is the biggest hypocrite out there..was he a Sixer for life or did he make the jump several times only to come up empty handed? Like I said before evryones overly concerned with Bron maintaining a legacy as an individual when in sports your true legacy will be defined by championship glory NOT individual accomplishments. Lebron did the right thing.

Thats the thing....when Barkley was asked if he would rather trade his career for Robert Horry's...he said hell no because he wouldn't have been Chuck...he wouldn't have been the man.

When Horry was asked the same question, he answered without thinking or blinking....he would take Barkley's tough fought, ringless, leadership role in a heartbeat over his championship studded career.

With great talent comes great responsibility .

Mike battled Isiah, he didn't join up with him.

Larry battled Bird, he didn't try to go to the Lakers and party in Hollywood with him.

Besides Cleveland, LeBron could have went to a crazyily talented Bulls team won multiple chips and still been the man, he could have went to a Knicks team which would have been better than the Heat without and battle it out with Wade and Bosh, he could have went to Jersey and helped his good friend build a franchise from scratch, which he claimed he wanted to do...and correct me if i'm wrong but....didn't Cleveland WIN THE MOST GAMES IN THE LEAGUE LAST YEAR? If he wanted to resign with them he couldve probably gotten Amar'e to S&T with them to help with Dwight or he could've shaken up the team like Kobe did to the Lakers 3 seasons ago and demand change. All he had to do was sign a 3 year deal with an option on for his third season. That team was his, he could've def won a championship if he stayed there.

Instead of staking his own claim and battling his equals in his peer group he gave up leadership card and went to Dwade hometown to join forces with someone who does the exact same things as him on the floor.

Where is the honor in that?

When they win a chip are we supposed to be overjoyed or surprised?

/\ Haze...these _'s just don't get it man. I've debated my %@+ off about this +##$ trying to get dudes to see how fraudulent this whole thing is...but they don't get it.

Apparently...its OK to sacrifice integrity, honor, respect, and all of things that come along being legendary...if it means to "win" at the end of the day.

These +$$%*$ can 15 championships in a row...all 3 of them will forever be some mark %@+ _'s in my book.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Originally Posted by SCuse7

What's the object in professional sports? TO WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!!
Ding...Ding....Ding
laugh.gif
Not like this though.

The object of all games is to win but there are unwritten rules to competition....like....IT HAS TO BE COMPETITIVE.

When you're playing playground ball and you choose up...do all of the biggest and most talented players join up to play against everyone else or do you attempt to pick evenly so that the game is competitive?

Any game you play, if you know that you and a couple others are the best at the game and the rest of the players are a level lower...you choose evenly so that you can go against the other greats, help make the lower level players better and keep things competitive. You don't join forces with the other top players and expect for your victory to hold as much weight.

Parity is at the heart or sports and LeBron knows this...thats why he was all shifty eyed and nervous at his announcement but as long as his ego is stroked in south beach...he'll be alright.
Haze....you and I both know there's a HUGE difference between picking teams on the playground and playing pro-ball.  If I'm playing pick-up hoops and MILLIONS of dollars are on the line, are you going to go for parity while picking teams, or pick the squad that gives you the best chance of winning?

Parity is not what sports are all about.  It's what many people would like to see, but it's not realistic.  This is why people cheer for underdogs.  And why is there an "underdog" term?  Because parity is NOT the norm while playing pro sports. 
anyone that defends lebrons move to me deep down is a bit%$ just letting your inner bit%^ show. the point i make is a player this great this young was just one player away from winning a ring. why would you mess that up to pair up with another super star in his city? why? i know this might be too deep for the lebron lovers to understand but would you see kobe ever team up with wade in miami at 25? lets say kobe didnt win a ring can you see him pulling a move like this? this wasnt a regular schmuck that decided to go to wades team this is supposedly the chosen one the best player kneck and kneck with kobe(so we thought at the time) this is unacceptable. well who ever came up with the saying "'if you cant beat em join em"" prolly was bleeding from their a^%   and if you support this man maybe u do too.

I think some of you are missing the point, I think the main problem with Bron is that he just chose the path of least resistance. I mean I don't think he would be receiving near as much of the backlash if he stayed in Cleveland or even went to Chicago or New York. Cause he would have been still THE MAN. Everyone needs help to win, I don't think anyone is disputing that. It's just what he was built up to be for 7 years was torn down in a 1 hour special. He'll get rings, but they won't mean or be viewed as the same. Kinda like Kobe's 1st 3 rings aren't viewed as the same as his last 2. And yall might not want to hear it, but he truly is done in the G.O.A.T. "discussion"

^Selfish. Yall would rather see Lebron stick it out in cleveland and possibly remain ringless for the rest of his career than see him fulfill his dreams. Ewing? Barkley? No championships to show for their hard work and dont even get me started on the disrespect the Knicks payed Ewing towards the end of his career.. AND BARKLEY is the biggest hypocrite out there..was he a Sixer for life or did he make the jump several times only to come up empty handed? Like I said before evryones overly concerned with Bron maintaining a legacy as an individual when in sports your true legacy will be defined by championship glory NOT individual accomplishments. Lebron did the right thing.

Thats the thing....when Barkley was asked if he would rather trade his career for Robert Horry's...he said hell no because he wouldn't have been Chuck...he wouldn't have been the man.

When Horry was asked the same question, he answered without thinking or blinking....he would take Barkley's tough fought, ringless, leadership role in a heartbeat over his championship studded career.

Larry battled Bird, he didn't try to go to the Lakers and party in Hollywood with him.

Besides Cleveland, LeBron could have went to a crazyily talented Bulls team won multiple chips and still been the man, he could have went to a Knicks team which would have been better than the Heat without and battle it out with Wade and Bosh, he could have went to Jersey and helped his good friend build a franchise from scratch, which he claimed he wanted to do...and correct me if i'm wrong but....didn't Cleveland WIN THE MOST GAMES IN THE LEAGUE LAST YEAR? If he wanted to resign with them he couldve probably gotten Amar'e to S&T with them to help with Dwight or he could've shaken up the team like Kobe did to the Lakers 3 seasons ago and demand change. All he had to do was sign a 3 year deal with an option on for his third season. That team was his, he could've def won a championship if he stayed there.

Instead of staking his own claim and battling his equals in his peer group he gave up leadership card and went to Dwade hometown to join forces with someone who does the exact same things as him on the floor.

this man gets it.

Lebron doesn't need Wade to win. He's good enough to win with someone of a bit lower caliber. I mean, hell, he even brought these garbage cavaliers to best record in the league. He was one good (but not superstar great) player away from winning a chip. He could have still been the man in NY with Amare, or in Chicago with Rose. But he chose, Miami...essentially choosing to play alongside another person of superstar quality.  Every Jordan needs a Pippen, but Jordan playing with another Jordan would have been overdone.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Ding...Ding....Ding
laugh.gif
Not like this though.

The object of all games is to win but there are unwritten rules to competition....like....IT HAS TO BE COMPETITIVE.

When you're playing playground ball and you choose up...do all of the biggest and most talented players join up to play against everyone else or do you attempt to pick evenly so that the game is competitive?

Any game you play, if you know that you and a couple others are the best at the game and the rest of the players are a level lower...you choose evenly so that you can go against the other greats, help make the lower level players better and keep things competitive. You don't join forces with the other top players and expect for your victory to hold as much weight.

Parity is at the heart or sports and LeBron knows this...thats why he was all shifty eyed and nervous at his announcement but as long as his ego is stroked in south beach...he'll be alright.
Haze....you and I both know there's a HUGE difference between picking teams on the playground and playing pro-ball.  If I'm playing pick-up hoops and MILLIONS of dollars are on the line, are you going to go for parity while picking teams, or pick the squad that gives you the best chance of winning?

Parity is not what sports are all about.  It's what many people would like to see, but it's not realistic.  This is why people cheer for underdogs.  And why is there an "underdog" term?  Because parity is NOT the norm while playing pro sports. 
anyone that defends lebrons move to me deep down is a bit%$ just letting your inner bit%^ show. the point i make is a player this great this young was just one player away from winning a ring. why would you mess that up to pair up with another super star in his city? why? i know this might be too deep for the lebron lovers to understand but would you see kobe ever team up with wade in miami at 25? lets say kobe didnt win a ring can you see him pulling a move like this? this wasnt a regular schmuck that decided to go to wades team this is supposedly the chosen one the best player kneck and kneck with kobe(so we thought at the time) this is unacceptable. well who ever came up with the saying "'if you cant beat em join em"" prolly was bleeding from their a^%   and if you support this man maybe u do too.

Ok...let's have you play Cleveland GM.  What moves could have been made (under the assumption Lebron re-signed), to bolster this team to the top of the East?  You don't think that over the years the Cavs didn't make moves to try to get themselves over the hump?  C'mon now...it's not about being a Lebron defender, because I'm not.  As I've said NUMEROUS times before, I don't agree with the whole dog & pony show that went along with his decision.  However, I can respect his RIGHT to choose where to play as a FA.  Why don't you blame Pat Riley for making this happen...why don't you blame D.Wade for being on board with the idea....why don't you blame Chris Bosh for signing on?  Like I said before, no matter what Lebron did he wouldn't be able to win.  There would be detractors for EVERY decision he made in Free Agency.

*Another thing...why isn't D.Wade getting flack from yall for this?  He co-signed on the whole idea in the first place.  Let him leave the NBA with 5-6 championships...what are yall gonna say about him in regards to his legacy?  All the attention/blame is being placed on Lebron...D.Wade is a big star in his own regard and a top-3 player in the NBA.  Why is it all on Lebron's shoulders right now as far as your dismay goes?

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

@Haze - Was Charles the man when he went to Houston to try and get a championship?

nerd.gif

My-T.

But Chuck didn't go in his prime. Neither Hakeem or Drexler were in their prime.

LBJ, Bosh, and Wade are in their prime and have at least a 7 year window to win one.

But looking at it from a business stand point as well...he just potentially turned down hundreds of millions of dollars. How does he make more money in Miami than with Dolan's free spending a_ in the financial capital of the world, or than in Jersey with one of the 40th richest men in the world, or with Chicago where Mike already laid out the blueprint to merchandising millions in another financial capital.

He just damaged his brand for life.

No more of this...

026_nike_lebron_02.jpg

Even if you hated him to had to respect him. Not no more.

Originally Posted by thesimplestlife

this man gets it.

Lebron doesn't need Wade to win. He's good enough to win with someone of a bit lower caliber. I mean, hell, he even brought these garbage cavaliers to best record in the league. He was one good (but not superstar great) player away from winning a chip. He could have still been the man in NY with Amare, or in Chicago with Rose. But he chose, Miami...essentially choosing to play alongside another person of superstar quality.  Every Jordan needs a Pippen, but Jordan playing with another Jordan would have been overdone.
I agree with all of this.

LMAO at the media and bloggers out here that are seriously hating on a high level against lebron for what he chose to do it was a smart move in my opinion and why are people jockin kobe so hard dude always had a stacked team to win but when lebron teams up with two other great players its a problem i remember kobe having different elite teams built up around him for his championship runs as of the likes of a robert horry,shaq,fisher,malone,patton,paul,artest,odom,and plenty more above average players who were all stars or close to being one to help him when titles in LA and people never sweated kobe and the lakers for always having an all star caliber team around kobe to help him win and you give lebron the same players and he wins multiple rings just like kobe point being lebron wasnt going to get any players in cleveland like that and thats why he left bottom line why didnt nobody complain when magic had abdual and james worthy in LA or when garnett and allen went to join paul down in boston or when clyde joined hakeem and horry and cassel and davis in houston i just dont understand everybodys logic as far as hating what he did this man wanna win rings not stay where everybody wants him to stay and never win knowing it in the back of his head everyday,personally i think people and fans in the sports world are hating badly cause they know this team will win multiple rings cause these three players are still playing at a high level and there still young and not old like most athletes do later on just to try to get a ring people are just jealous because lebron finally got some help the only player who did get a couple of rings without a allstar or two on there team was jordan in his first two runs but thats about it and watch the heat become a new basketball dynasty team this is history in the making stop hating haters this will be good to watch.

Originally Posted by Informerx

Originally Posted by Put em up

As a fan, athlete myself and a brother in the league.

Trust me I'm very aware of the pro athlete life. I'm far from clueless, but you just speaking on stuff you basically assumed.

No disrespect but I'm pretty sure you don't know those guys personally.

So for you
1. To say bron had his mind made up last year is nonsense.
2. For you to believe he owes the owner of the cavs a apology is nonsense.
3. To say he chose miami bc of the groupies is nonsense, hes lebron james, dime groupies are everywhere for him.
4. To say drugs is nonsense.(if your talking about green, I'm pretty sure he didn't chose there for the grade of smoke)

Basically bruh you talking foolishness.

1. I said weeks if not seasons ago, I didn't say directly "He made his decision last year." Who knows when he made his decision, but I'm damn sure it wan't thursday morning like he claimed.
2. I never said that
3. Right, dime groupies run rampant in Cleveland.
4. No, he didn't go for the grade of smoke. But the nightlife in Miami and green goes hand in glove. There's no nightlife in Cleveland.
Wait, where are you from making these statements?  Pardon my ignorance. I'm in Cleveland every other weekend, and I'm from Akron. 

But looking at it from a business stand point as well...he just potentially turned down hundreds of millions of dollars. How does he make more money in Miami than with Dolan's free spending a_ in the financial capital of the world, or than in Jersey with one of the 40th richest men in the world, or with Chicago where Mike already laid out the blueprint to merchandising millions in another financial capital.

He just damaged his brand for life.

No more of this...

026_nike_lebron_02.jpg

Even if you hated him to had to respect him. Not no more.
I'm not doubting he hurt his maximum earning potential.  But I honestly think at this point in his career he valued winning championships over maintaining his image and playing on team that would have more challenges.  I'm not saying the Heat won't have their challenges, because anything can happen once the ball is tipped to the 2010-11 season....but he's put himself in a good position to leave this game with multiple championships under his name. 

Another thing to the point you were making, I wonder what Nike's marketing angle will be now that Lebron is in Miami? 

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Ding...Ding....Ding
laugh.gif
Not like this though.

Ok...let's have you play Cleveland GM.  What moves could have been made (under the assumption Lebron re-signed), to bolster this team to the top of the East?  You don't think that over the years the Cavs didn't make moves to try to get themselves over the hump?  C'mon now...it's not about being a Lebron defender, because I'm not.  As I've said NUMEROUS times before, I don't agree with the whole dog & pony show that went along with his decision.  However, I can respect his RIGHT to choose where to play as a FA.  Why don't you blame Pat Riley for making this happen...why don't you blame D.Wade for being on board with the idea....why don't you blame Chris Bosh for signing on?  Like I said before, no matter what Lebron did he wouldn't be able to win.  There would be detractors for EVERY decision he made in Free Agency.

*Another thing...why isn't D.Wade getting flack from yall for this?  He co-signed on the whole idea in the first place.  Let him leave the NBA with 5-6 championships...what are yall gonna say about him in regards to his legacy?  All the attention/blame is being placed on Lebron...D.Wade is a big star in his own regard and a top-3 player in the NBA.  Why is it all on Lebron's shoulders right now as far as your dismay goes?

why isnt d wade getting any flack for this? d wade went down as the all time saint. d wades legacy skyrocketed a trillion. this man opened up his home and let lebron in why u ask? cause wade is smart unlike lebron , this man knew all along and im pretty sure riley made him realize that wade in all this is the true winner. this is wades backyard and any rings they win here on out all people will remember is wow i cant believe wade had such humility to let lebron come and make this happen. he will receive all the praises
laugh.gif
pure genius.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

/\ Haze...these _'s just don't get it man. I've debated my %@+ off about this +##$ trying to get dudes to see how fraudulent this whole thing is...but they don't get it.

Apparently...its OK to sacrifice integrity, honor, respect, and all of things that come along being legendary...if it means to "win" at the end of the day.

These +$$%*$ can 15 championships in a row...all 3 of them will forever be some mark %@+ _'s in my book.
This is the damn TRUTH.

I agree totally with this, and people act like if Lebron would've stayed in Cleveland for the same length of time (3 yrs.) he is slated for in Miami that he'd be all washed up and ready to retire. Lebron would be around 28-29 by the time that contract would've been up, around the same age Jordan was when he won his very first...

I guess there are 2 rules of thought here, but I believe competition brings out the best in people. Lebron does have better talent around him now, but as the "chosen one" and the guy who cross markets "loyalty" t-shirts with Nike I expected better from him...

Originally Posted by goukiteg

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

@Haze - Was Charles the man when he went to Houston to try and get a championship?

nerd.gif

My-T.

But Chuck didn't go in his prime. Neither Hakeem or Drexler were in their prime.

LBJ, Bosh, and Wade are in their prime and have at least a 7 year window to win one.

Exactly, them dudes were way over the hill.

No one can be mad at that. You fought like a warrior through out the years and you just want your victory lap.

Same reason that Karl Malone and Gary Payton still had their respect after joining up with the Lakers. Same reason Pat is honored as the greatest Knick of all time with no rings.

You put in the work over all the years, battled it out with the G.O.A.T. for a decade, no one is going to be mad to see you go out on a good note.

But these cats don't even want to battle it out anymore...they want to go straight to GO, bypassing the whole Monopoly board.

And talking about Kobe, he stuck with that team through good and bad...he put himself in a position to get a Gasol and Artest.  LeBron could have done the same in Cleveland. Kobe was so passionate about winning his way that when Shaq started getting lazy, he got him up out of there. LeBron is the anti-Kobe in so many ways.

As much as I have hated Kobe on the past, I guess he's truly the last of an dying extinct breed.

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

now if Bron wins 3 chips in a row or more i wonder what people really going to say.

Nothing.  Everyone will be saying that they're arguably the greatest NBA team ever and LeBron merchandise will be flying off the racks.  Go back 30 yrs.  It's happened over and over again.  An athelete does something to get villianized, then wins, and all is forgiven by the general public.  Terrible execution, but a smart move.  Not only will he have success on the court, but those multiple championships (if he gets them) will get him financial success off the court as well, even after he hangs them up. 

Do yall understand that time is of an essence?
Do yall understand that career ending injuries can and do happen?
Do yall realize this cat is entering his 7th year in the league?
LeBron wants it now. Not when Cavs management can finally put it together for him.
Greatness thinks now, average thinks I can do it tomorrow.

And if your a fan of a player does it matter where he plays?
True fans root for the player no matter what business decisions he makes.

Also, I dont remember the Bulls management openly belittling Jordan when he came back with the Wizards.
Or even when he retired the first time. Cavs management is low class and it showed.

Originally Posted by Mr S J King

LeBron wants it now. Not when Cavs management can finally put it together for him.

Also, I dont remember the Bulls management openly belittling Jordan when he came back with the Wizards.
Or even when he retired the first time. Cavs management is low class and it showed.
well sorry to say you're still a lebron fan. u should be ashamed. you're cool with lebron joining another mans team? how are you a true fan and that does not bother u?

y'all say what aboutD Wade... Well what about him? He already has a ring....even though he might not ever admit it publicly (that would be crazy if he did) but in the back of his mind he will probably have a superiority complex....like look I was able to get a ring...but y'all two weren't GOOD ENOUGH to get one on your own..you had to come to me at a discounted rate, because y'all were too WEAK to hack it on your own. I OWN both of y'all...you needed me, I didn't need you. We can win 5 rings together..I'll still have 6 thoughEdit: Haze I wouldn't say Kobe is the last of an extinct breed....dudes like Kevin Durant give me hope...he said his favorite NBA role model was Tim Duncan...and he hopes to accomplish all the things that he has. To me that says a lot about what kind of player he is.

Honestly...I don't feel Wade comes out THAT bad in this situation. My stance on him is softer than it is for Lebron & Bosh. He won at the end of the day. The other two...straight gumps.

I think ya'll need to factor in the actual "Hometown" effect, though. I don't feel like researching, but who was actually born and raised within a 30 mile radius and/or or state of the professional team they played for-- and won a championship? Wade is from the Chi, Kobe is from Philly ...and obviously they aren't on the Bulls and 76ers. That's why the cut is so deep. We KNEW he was going to be great when he was Dunking on cats in 8th grade. I'm not mad though, I appreciate the work he's put in, and he's always going to put Akron on wherever he is. it definitely will be a challenge for him, making things look like they are all working according to plan, as far as winning and finishing in the finals. I wish the best of luck to him, I'm just salty I can't watch every game
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mr S J King

Why would the Bulls belittle MJ in the first place for choosing to retire and then come back a year or so later? Totally different set of circumstances involved triggered off of the murder of MJ's father...and he came back to play for Chicago...not say..hey I'm going to come back but I wanna play for the Knicks or some other team..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom