OFFICIAL LAKERS VS jazz Game 1 - 5/04 ABC

officiating was pretty evenly called for both sides IMO.
the jazz looked like they pushed off on almost every offensive board they got.
I agree. Although some calls that stood out was Odom getting fouled to end the quarter on that layup... that was just badofficiating.
And the Jazz do seem to push off to get alot of rebounds. Laker still need to box out better and hopefully the Refs see why Gasol or Odom are flying off thefloor because of Mehmet or Boozer.

Still it was good to see the Lakers play a team that actually executes on offense and defense. Didnt know if the Laker could actually remember how to playafter playing a Nuggets team with neither the passing or defense of the Jazz but they did ok.

This should be a great series.

Jazz definitley need Boozer and Williams to play better. Lakers need to stop em on the boards.

And Kobe did his thing today.

just got back from the game...

You can wrap this series up, Phil is 39-0 in series where he wins game 1.

Officiating was interesting, I don't think they were lopsided but come on man it's the playoffs let the game find some rythmn.

oh... and %$$@ Dr. Buss/staples for not giving me a playoff t-shirt or a towel.. this is the second series in a row i've been denied!

11togo.jpg

We cant rebound for %%!*.

Just got back from the game. I saw somebody with an NT shirt as I was walking out. Had a great time. Game 2 is next.

ahh nothing like coming into a Laker thread and see complaints from lakers fans about officiating.
roll.gif

When their golden boy Kobe put up 21 - 23 from the line

K-Whistle, thats what you call him now right,
laugh.gif

Utah
smh.gif

good w.........man rebounding needs to improve, luckly the jazz shot so bad and were barely finishing

we can basically score at will, and the defense was great for the most part, if we can rebound the ball this should be a 5 game series

Originally Posted by WILLINC

ahh nothing like coming into a Laker thread and see complaints from lakers fans about officiating.
roll.gif

When their golden boy Kobe put up 21 - 23 from the line

K-Whistle, thats what you call him now right,
laugh.gif

Utah
smh.gif
pimp.gif
all legit calls

They played better than I thought they would. the shots just weren't falling for Utah. I did not think Okur would continue to rebound like he did againstHouston, so he was an unexpected surprise. Boozer (SMH) still has not shown up. He was backing Odom in a lot, but could not finish. Deron played one of theworst games I've ever seen him play since being drafted. And Ronnie Brewer is not that great a shooter. Its tough when Kobe is guarding you, but try andmake something happen.

Kobe is insane. Why do those damn announcers always jinx the guy shooting freethrows lol? 18 or so points from the line? Incredible. His shot was kind of offduring the fourth but when you drop 20+ in the first half, your still in good shape. Fisher played very well, some nice hustle plays that made a bigdifference. Reffing was spotty both ways, especially early in the 4th with LA getting in the penalty so quick. It will be a good series, i just hope Utah cansteal a win in Staples

Lakers weaknesses is interior defense from Pau and rebounding from Pau. Any1 else wonder if Pau is still recovering form his injury? I guess I should ask aMemphis fan how he plays cuz hes soft on the boards imo. I dont see Lakers winning anything major this season unless somehow Pau shows an ounce of the DefenseBynum had in the paint. At least hes good as rotating out the paint to guard shooters but we need him to show a little of dominance in the paint on thedefensive end. Only a matter of time until teams realize hes soft and start going right at him.

--Good win by the Lakers!! Just keep doin what they're doin, control the boards next time and series will be over soon.
--Just watched the HD highlights...awesome....

Originally Posted by 23bryan

anybody else catch derrick rose sitting next to the lakers bench??

Mitch better bring this boy to the Lakers. Dude can straight up ball
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Finally got back home, and had time to read the thread. Great game by the Lakers. Besides Kobe, Sasha, and Pau, the offense wasn't too great, but it gotthe job done, and we still were able to score 109 points. The defense stepped up big time this game, 11 steals and 8 blocks
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Our rebounding must improve, getting like 17 less rebounds, and allowing 28 offensive boards.
sick.gif
The Lakers didn't play their best game today, but stillwere able to handle business at home. I expect Utah to shoot better in Game 2, so the defense must continue to step up

tupac and hybrid soldier 23 and others who went to the game, were you guys able to get your taco coupons? They ran out when it came to me.
smh.gif

eyes.gif
Yes, I'm still pissed of not getting any tacos.

Also, tupac, I saw you at the game. I was at Sec 322, so I was one section away from you
laugh.gif

tupac and hybrid soldier 23 and others who went to the game, were you guys able to get your taco coupons? They ran out when it came to me.
smh.gif

eyes.gif
Yes, I'm still pissed of not getting any tacos.
Yeah I got mine, sorry you missed out.

Tupac I was wearing my NT shirt you probably saw me... I shoulda ::tap tap pulled::
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom