[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

Originally Posted by KenJi714

The legacy of Kobe is pretty much done. After last night defeat im not sure if I can look at him the same from now. As much of a kobe homer that i am i have to say i am disappointed with his effort. I don't know if he's tired, hurt or what not but if the game/season is on the line he must take over. Drive in and create foul or do something. Instead he kept taking contested jump shot and couldnt even get by Jason Kidd who is 38 years old. He's looking like the old Mike Jordan when he play for the Wiz. A midrange jump shooter and that's it.
30t6p3b.gif

Oh well let's at least win Sunday game to save humiliation. It's not officially over yet. I still believe we can get out of this mess

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! This is one of the dumbest things I have read all day!

Are you serious right now? You can't be. His legacy is done? Lord I don't get it. 5 rings is 5 rings. When its all said and done (which its not even all said and done your speaking as if this loss is going to make him retire) he is STILL going to go down as one of the top 10 players in the history of the NBA.

Do you think if the Heat win those 5, 6 or 7 titles they speak of people are going to start talking about Lebron's playoff ill's with Cleveland? Nope.

Honestly you must have never played the game in your life. In this NBA standard KOBE IS OLD! But he can still get it done. Hell Kidd is 38 and still getting it done so your point is so invalid.

I understand this is tough but we all saw this coming during the season. But like I'm telling everybody we are the greatest franchise in NBA history for a reason. 16 titles and at least one in every decade doesn't happen on accident. Moves will be made and we will be back on top. 

The legacy of Kobe is pretty much done. After last night defeat im not sure if I can look at him the same from now. As much of a kobe homer that i am i have to say i am disappointed with his effort. I don't know if he's tired, hurt or what not but if the game/season is on the line he must take over. Drive in and create foul or do something. Instead he kept taking contested jump shot and couldnt even get by Jason Kidd who is 38 years old. He's looking like the old Mike Jordan when he play for the Wiz. A midrange jump shooter and that's it.
30t6p3b.gif

Oh well let's at least win Sunday game to save humiliation. It's not officially over yet. I still believe we can get out of this mess
I wouldn't go that far, but I completely agree.  I understand Kobe not driving to the hole in the regular season as well that he's slowed down, but there should be reason why he isn't getting past Kidd.  He's slow, but his footwork, jumper and handles make him crafty enough to but the D on edge and should help him get to the rim.

I'm going to be a delusional fan and say we take it to 7 where anything can happen.
-Mavs won 3 straight so why can't we.  We have had the lead late in 2/3 games with the Mavs completely outplaying us.
-Aside from the open 3s Dirk gets, I think our defense on him has been fine.

KenJi714 wrote:
30t6p3b.gif

24113bo.gif

30t6p3b.gif

What should Kobe do this offseason. (1) Get surgeries on the knees, finger, hand, back, foot, ankle and whatever else is ailing him, (2) do rehab and get his body back in shape for this run at history he is planning to make or (3) should he just put band-aids on it like he's been doing for the past 3 years or so and hope for the best.

I for one want him healthy as I tend to think it's not his age that's hurting him, but his injuries that have never bean truly dealt with. Thoughts.
eyes.gif

Kobe is slowing down, but Kidd has always been a great defender and he is a big guard. In addition, Dallas is closin off lanes to the basket. There aint gonna be any open lanes when Bynum and Gasol are around the paint. The Pau playing like *%+% means Dallas can run Dirk or Tyson at Kobe if he gets passed whoever is guarding him. Don't get it twisted Kobe still has the ability, its just that the defense is geared towards to make him a jump shooter. I hate seeing all this jumpers, maybe Phil needs to run double screens to get Kobe to the basket

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

KenJi714 wrote:
30t6p3b.gif

24113bo.gif

This. So many of y'all are talking out your $!%++.

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

L.A. raised and born across the street from the forum in Inglewood, so obviously I am a Laker fan. That being said it is over. Pau Gasol is so coochie right now that I gurantee you that the rumor about his fiance has some truth to it. He looks like the ghost of Kwame Brown out there.His heart is so heavy with heartbreak he can't even jump much. We should all pray for the little guy he is probably in his home right now with Sangria bottles and tissue laid out on his back looking at the stars on his patio with red eyes and salty cheeks. Pau is so pain afflicted right now that his teammates arent even looking at him.Next game watch everyones body language, Kobe and Vanessa had a threesome with Pau's lady and he wasn't invited. She got some venom from the black mamba and she ain't going back. Kobe loves them spanish girls and Pau made the mistake of coming by one night on an off day with his girl and Kobe sent Vanessa to open her up for that Menage. I'm giving ya'll real info right now.......... no but in all seriousness I'm afraid the Miami era is coming a year early. Bynums knee explodes into red mist next game, Artest goes after Mark Cuban in the stands and Phil Jackson pulls a blunt out on the bench at the end and gives his last F U to the league...... oh and Kobe walks into the tunnel and Vanessa and Pau's ex kiss him and each other on camera...... It's late I just left a 13 hour set and I have to be up at 7 to go back forgive me I'm delirious and I'll show myself out......................
So THAT'S what's been bothering Pau, huh? I compare this to last season when Boston played the Cavs and LeBron wasn't "himself". Of course we all found out after the Cavs were eliminated that Delonte and Bron's mom had a fling
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Furrell

KenJi714 wrote:
30t6p3b.gif

24113bo.gif

exactly, people are panicking and overreacting about Kobe.

Originally Posted by got shoes

24113bo.gif
They aren't though.... You dudes take these "attacks" on Kobe so personal.  Step back and realize he isn't the same player.  I wouldn't go and say his legacy is done, a legacy is something that lives on well after the player stops playing.  But to say Kobe isn't slowing down and isn't doing the things the dude pointed out is ridiculous.  Kobe looks old and worn out out there, when you can't get around Jason Kidd that is a sign that you are either over the hill or pretty damn close.  Hell Andre Miller showed more explosiveness driving on Kidd than I have seen out of Kobe this series.  I am a pretty big Kobe fan and respect his game but he is no longer anywhere near the player he was.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

They aren't though.... You dudes take these "attacks" on Kobe so personal.  Step back and realize he isn't the same player.  I wouldn't go and say his legacy is done, a legacy is something that lives on well after the player stops playing.  But to say Kobe isn't slowing down and isn't doing the things the dude pointed out is ridiculous.  Kobe looks old and worn out out there, when you can't get around Jason Kidd that is a sign that you are either over the hill or pretty damn close.  Hell Andre Miller showed more explosiveness driving on Kidd than I have seen out of Kobe this series.  I am a pretty big Kobe fan and respect his game but he is no longer anywhere near the player he was.
we're aware of that, but people think he is completely done which is nonsense
laugh.gif
. Andre Miller!!! He hasnt been through what Kobe has been through, so you can't even compare the two. Kobe is worn down, but he can still get it done

Taking attacks personal?
roll.gif

If you say something stupid I'm going to call you on it. The end.

You brought up andre miller. STUPID. Has Andre Miller played in the same amount of playoff games as Kobe and the Lakers? Not even close.

We all know Kobe is wearing down. It happens to all players. Bean towns big 3 look like they should be in wheel chairs but to say it diminishes a legacy? 
roll.gif
  Its plain stupid and every time you say something stupid like that you need to be called out on it. The end.

The funny thing is that Kobe has been playing well. I'd like to see him attack the basket much more, but other than that I can't complain about him.And I'm always critical of him and his play.

It obvious he's not the same player.  Everyone agrees that he's slowing down, but to say his legacy will be affected by losing again in the playoffs is ridiculous. 

You guys make it seem Like Kobe's been playing awful.

He put up alot of points in game 1, we lost. He played more of an all around game 2, we lost. Yesterday he forcefully made his teammates get involved and hit alot of shots to get us in the lead or around it and we lost the game collectively at the end.

He's also shooting almost 50% from the field. Could he have shot more yesterday? Yes. Should he of shot more? Yes.

I'm willing to be he's told the team either everyone goes all out and plays their hardest Sunday, or I'm going to single handedly go out and start shooting everything.

You can't blame any of these losses on Kobe, he's been the most consistant these 3 games followed by Bynum.

Had Gasol been even HALF the player he's capable of being we would of won games 1 and 2 and that's what it boils down too folks.

Without Gasol, we aren't winning @*$#.

Where is this Pau at? Seriously? I really don't understand how he's so bad. Dude is playing worse than Kwame Brown did for us. It is just really unbelievable how bad he is playing. He looks like he has no bones out there, flopping around for rebounds, flopping around when someone trys to go over his screens, flopping around on offense. He's not even half the player hes capable of being. Dirk is guarding you man. DIRK! As great as Dirk is offensively, this would of been Gasols easiest matchup of the playoffs as far as whose guarding him and he goes out there and is just a corpse.

im still hurting from last night. All i wanted was an opportunity to defend our title but looks like aren't going to even make it that deep. Im in complete shock and i don't even know where we are going to go from here.

Look how confident Pau looks in that vid compared to now.

this guy Pau!!!!!!!!!! Why can't he do this against Dirk or whoever all the damn time.

Back
Top Bottom