[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

A few defensive lapses doomed the lakers tonight. Also, I think Matt Barnes is a much more effective offensive player than Artest at this point in their careers. Probably should be starting, but I'm not one to question Jackson's decisions.

You Laker fans can't deny that 33 shots by Kobe is far too many though. No need for him to dominate the ball like that with the roster he has around him, he's gone over 30 twice this year and both were losses. So many spot up shooters, and yet with all the attention he attracts, he forces it up instead of kicking it out. Nice to see him looking spry and healthy though.

Pau was just atrocious tonight. But yall should probably give him a pass, he's been one of the three most productive players in the league this season w/ Dwight and CP3.

A few defensive lapses doomed the lakers tonight. Also, I think Matt Barnes is a much more effective offensive player than Artest at this point in their careers. Probably should be starting, but I'm not one to question Jackson's decisions.

You Laker fans can't deny that 33 shots by Kobe is far too many though. No need for him to dominate the ball like that with the roster he has around him, he's gone over 30 twice this year and both were losses. So many spot up shooters, and yet with all the attention he attracts, he forces it up instead of kicking it out. Nice to see him looking spry and healthy though.

Pau was just atrocious tonight. But yall should probably give him a pass, he's been one of the three most productive players in the league this season w/ Dwight and CP3.

^^^Kobe brought the team back from how many points down to even give them a shot...

For Kobe its either hes damned if he does damned if he dont with his shooting.

IMO we're losing games due to poor shooting, and defensive breakdowns.

^^^Kobe brought the team back from how many points down to even give them a shot...

For Kobe its either hes damned if he does damned if he dont with his shooting.

IMO we're losing games due to poor shooting, and defensive breakdowns.

^ It is too many shots, but it's not like he took away from our offense. They were doing absolutely nothing when Kobe wasn't shooting. Had he not of gotten hot in the fourth we would of lost by 20. We were down by around 16 when Kobe started going off.

Pau has had his fair share of bad games this season that people seem to over look. He's not one of those players that will give you 45 minutes a night and that's the problem.

Kobe was hardly double teamed tonight, when we played VS the Bulls they triple teamed Kobe and he did a great job of attracting the defense, but it doesn't get noticed when we win, only when we lose.

I agree with you, Barnes has played alot better than Artest has both offensively and defensively this season and he should be starting, but if Phil did that than Artest would never be able to recover mentally.

We need another big and that's what it all comes down too.

PG's are torching us and it's always been a problem for us when Fisher starts and there's no help defense without Bynum and Theo out. Pau helps, but never recovers. Seems like he can't move his feet.

^ It is too many shots, but it's not like he took away from our offense. They were doing absolutely nothing when Kobe wasn't shooting. Had he not of gotten hot in the fourth we would of lost by 20. We were down by around 16 when Kobe started going off.

Pau has had his fair share of bad games this season that people seem to over look. He's not one of those players that will give you 45 minutes a night and that's the problem.

Kobe was hardly double teamed tonight, when we played VS the Bulls they triple teamed Kobe and he did a great job of attracting the defense, but it doesn't get noticed when we win, only when we lose.

I agree with you, Barnes has played alot better than Artest has both offensively and defensively this season and he should be starting, but if Phil did that than Artest would never be able to recover mentally.

We need another big and that's what it all comes down too.

PG's are torching us and it's always been a problem for us when Fisher starts and there's no help defense without Bynum and Theo out. Pau helps, but never recovers. Seems like he can't move his feet.

Guys.......
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

I mean, after every loss guys?  Ya'll still haven't learned? 
laugh.gif

Those tweets that Nas posted up, Kobe gave THE EXACT SAME INTERVIEW THIS TIME LAST SEASON. 

Remember that? 

Pau is fine, however, he played 45 minutes tonight, and 45 on Friday.  Bottom line, Bynum not bein here is wearing on Pau. 

Pau early in the year was doin what?  Dominating.  Lately?  Struggle a little, yeah?  Cuz he's tired.  Get Drew back, give Pau some more rest, he'll get goin nice and strong again soon.  Everyone just relax. 

In fact, Kobe doin all this work isn't good for us either.  He simply refuses to give games away (a noble gesture from a 100 mil athlete) but he simply can't win them all. 

The team will go thru lulls, it happens.  The bench isn't going to play lights out all season long, the starters won't play heavy minutes all season long either.  It will all balance out. 

Should I?  Hmmmm......Want me too?  Wha should I do? 

Yeah,

We're the worst 13-4 team in the league. 
wink.gif

Guys.......
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

I mean, after every loss guys?  Ya'll still haven't learned? 
laugh.gif

Those tweets that Nas posted up, Kobe gave THE EXACT SAME INTERVIEW THIS TIME LAST SEASON. 

Remember that? 

Pau is fine, however, he played 45 minutes tonight, and 45 on Friday.  Bottom line, Bynum not bein here is wearing on Pau. 

Pau early in the year was doin what?  Dominating.  Lately?  Struggle a little, yeah?  Cuz he's tired.  Get Drew back, give Pau some more rest, he'll get goin nice and strong again soon.  Everyone just relax. 

In fact, Kobe doin all this work isn't good for us either.  He simply refuses to give games away (a noble gesture from a 100 mil athlete) but he simply can't win them all. 

The team will go thru lulls, it happens.  The bench isn't going to play lights out all season long, the starters won't play heavy minutes all season long either.  It will all balance out. 

Should I?  Hmmmm......Want me too?  Wha should I do? 

Yeah,

We're the worst 13-4 team in the league. 
wink.gif

You're right they were doing absolutely nothing, that's why I think he needs to take the role of playmaker more often, he's incredibly effective when he does so, he'd just rather score. There's nothing wrong with that, I just think he's a lot more effective when he finds a good balance. His shooting hasn't been great this year anyway.

I'm no laker fan but I do enjoy watching them, and Pau has only had two bad games this season. Tonight and against Chicago. It's a problem he won't give the lakers 45 minutes a night? That's ridiculous. You want your all-world center overworking himself in November? He been playing about 39 a game this year, tops on the lakers, and has been an MVP caliber player thus far. Oh and he's playing out of position.

And yeah Fisher is terrible defensively. Blake actually played more mins then him tonight, not something Phil usually allows, probably because it'd bruise Fisher's ego. Yall shouldn't worry though, Bynum will be back to shore up the defense, and this team will be a juggernaut.

You're right they were doing absolutely nothing, that's why I think he needs to take the role of playmaker more often, he's incredibly effective when he does so, he'd just rather score. There's nothing wrong with that, I just think he's a lot more effective when he finds a good balance. His shooting hasn't been great this year anyway.

I'm no laker fan but I do enjoy watching them, and Pau has only had two bad games this season. Tonight and against Chicago. It's a problem he won't give the lakers 45 minutes a night? That's ridiculous. You want your all-world center overworking himself in November? He been playing about 39 a game this year, tops on the lakers, and has been an MVP caliber player thus far. Oh and he's playing out of position.

And yeah Fisher is terrible defensively. Blake actually played more mins then him tonight, not something Phil usually allows, probably because it'd bruise Fisher's ego. Yall shouldn't worry though, Bynum will be back to shore up the defense, and this team will be a juggernaut.

LOL. If you're gonna shoot more than 30 times, at least make more than half of em... my goodness

never seen anyone in the NBA who takes more than 30 shots with less than 50% lolol

yeah kob, give it up my friend

LOL. If you're gonna shoot more than 30 times, at least make more than half of em... my goodness

never seen anyone in the NBA who takes more than 30 shots with less than 50% lolol

yeah kob, give it up my friend

Originally Posted by mrdieselfuel09

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

laugh.gif

9-8
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 yall dudes are clowns.. came into our thread and talked all that %%!% about how the pacers beat us... and they do the same thing to you... this is the 1st time ive been in this thread this year... cant say the same for you laker fans... are we really on your mind that much?

laugh.gif

9-8
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 yall dudes are clowns.. came into our thread and talked all that %%!% about how the pacers beat us... and they do the same thing to you... this is the 1st time ive been in this thread this year... cant say the same for you laker fans... are we really on your mind that much?

i missed tonight's game but was shocked to find out they lost to the Pacers. But, that's one thing that really annoys me when the Lakers lose, having to watch sportscenter and have them over dramatize the lose and ask are the Lakers in a crisis? That's why I avoid watching SC altogether on nights they lose but now it's not even just on nights they lose; just lost interest in their lack of coverage of all teams and lack of objectivity. It's clear to see they favor the east coast and they let it be known. Sorry for the rant and deviation from the Lakers but I know I'm not the only one that feels the way. Anyways, GO LAKERS!!

i missed tonight's game but was shocked to find out they lost to the Pacers. But, that's one thing that really annoys me when the Lakers lose, having to watch sportscenter and have them over dramatize the lose and ask are the Lakers in a crisis? That's why I avoid watching SC altogether on nights they lose but now it's not even just on nights they lose; just lost interest in their lack of coverage of all teams and lack of objectivity. It's clear to see they favor the east coast and they let it be known. Sorry for the rant and deviation from the Lakers but I know I'm not the only one that feels the way. Anyways, GO LAKERS!!

went to the game tonight..
30t6p3b.gif

I don't know how it looked on TV.. but damn, Indiana was just hustling more and made more plays.  I haven't looked at the box score or anything but they let some easy rebounds get away and their D was dormant for the most part. 

Sidenote:  Most of the crowd looked like it had just taken 2 shots of NyQuil and were ready to call it a night (until the last 2-3 mins)...smh.  I wish we had that Utah/Sac type of home court feel.

went to the game tonight..
30t6p3b.gif

I don't know how it looked on TV.. but damn, Indiana was just hustling more and made more plays.  I haven't looked at the box score or anything but they let some easy rebounds get away and their D was dormant for the most part. 

Sidenote:  Most of the crowd looked like it had just taken 2 shots of NyQuil and were ready to call it a night (until the last 2-3 mins)...smh.  I wish we had that Utah/Sac type of home court feel.

laugh.gif

9-8
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
No one is talking all that #$^& that you speak about. Blame the media for predicting that your team was going on to beat the Bulls 72-10 record.

laugh.gif

9-8
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
No one is talking all that #$^& that you speak about. Blame the media for predicting that your team was going on to beat the Bulls 72-10 record.

Back
Top Bottom