OFFICIAL LAKERS 2009/2010 (57-25) 2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

jbone2308:
Bron and Wade don't need to say a peep let alone move to get the whistle.
Exactly! They get plenty of calls without...

... wait, what? Are you saying they don't say a peep? LeBron and Wade?

Are there multiple LeBrons and Wades in the league? *checks NBA player list*

The only LeBron I know is LeBron James, and the only Wade I'm familiar with is Dwyane.

And that LeBron and that Wade are definitely whiners.
No that's what I'm saying. They don't need to and they would still get the whistle. I go like this
eek.gif
when a travel, foul, tech, carry, or pretty much anything is actually calledagainst them.

Yeah sorry D12 is better than Bynum and it shouldnt be a discussion.

We're comparing a MVP candidate to Drew, thats not fair to either of them...

Originally Posted by jbone2308

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

jbone2308:
Bron and Wade don't need to say a peep let alone move to get the whistle.
Exactly! They get plenty of calls without...

... wait, what? Are you saying they don't say a peep? LeBron and Wade?

Are there multiple LeBrons and Wades in the league? *checks NBA player list*

The only LeBron I know is LeBron James, and the only Wade I'm familiar with is Dwyane.

And that LeBron and that Wade are definitely whiners.
No that's what I'm saying. They don't need to and they would still get the whistle. I go like this
eek.gif
when a travel, foul, tech, carry, or pretty much anything is actually called against them.

That doesn't happen with Kobe?

I don't think we'll ever see Bynum on the level of D12 as far as rebounding and shotblocking goes. Just the way Dwight is built and the spring he hasin his jump will always give him a natural advantage as far as those two categories go. Artest does a great job of boxing out whether it be a SF/PF/C and withPau back, and it ends up being a tip drill between him and Bynum. Bynum can be a force in the middle some nights, but IMO, I doubt we'll ever see him as aDPOY or perennial NBA All defender.

Offensively though, he's very polished, thank god for KAJ helping him with his post moves and footwork. Whereas Dwight is raw and will use his frame to getdeep post position, Bynum is more refined with his post moves and using good footwork to get close looks at the basket. He also has a nice soft touch on hishooks and jumpshot, that Dwight doesn't have. Bynum needs to work on passing out of post better and recognizing where the secondary defender is coming fromwhen hes doubled. But from what I've seen from him so far this year, he's making huge strides in getting that All Star bid he's been shooting for.

At the end of the day, I'm still damn happy with what Bynum has become. I wanna see him play at least 75 games this year so we can get some consistency outof him over the long course of a season. I gotta admit, I never thought Bynum would be this good,
smh.gif
@ me for being pissed that we drafted Bynum instead of Gerald Green the night of thedraft. Shows why Mitch is the man making the $$$ and decisions and not me.

badboyf0life, I'm looking for something like wallpaper "status"....

If you have something like that, can you PM me?
smile.gif

Bynum, Duncan, Melo, Kobe, CP3, Dirk, Durant, Roy, Billups, DWill, Nash.

Last spot will be between Boozer, Pau and Amare.

CP1708:
2g00d4u:
Right now I'd say hes an overall better player than D12. Sure, D12 gets the nod for his defense, but Bynum has all the tools to become one too.

Dudes offensive game is way ahead of Dwight. Better post moves, has a jumpshot, can hit the FT at a decent rate.

Ive watch a good amount of Laker and Magic games this season and comparing the two is easy.

Dwight still looks like a robot out there... all mechanical and %%%%. Pretty frustrating to watch. Teams are double teaming him though and he has become a better passer.

Something I noticed is that teams dont double team Bynum much, which is good because if they do its over
pimp.gif

you are crazy, I would trade Bynum for D12 right now and laugh for the rest of my life becasue of it. I like Bynum, but come on.
laugh.gif

Glad someone else responded to that.
laugh.gif

D12 isn't perfect at all, but he has been a force in the league for a few years now. Bynum... has been in the league for a few years now.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Kaman has to be on there. And Amare certainly deserves his name there too. And Marc Gasol is every bit of what Pau is going to do.

That is why I was sayin, Pau won't make it.

And uh, I didn't do guards, but Billups? I sure hope not. That would be a crime and he should decline the invite.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Kaman has to be on there. And Amare certainly deserves his name there too. And Marc Gasol is every bit of what Pau is going to do.

That is why I was sayin, Pau won't make it.

And uh, I didn't do guards, but Billups? I sure hope not. That would be a crime and he should decline the invite.
laugh.gif
I didn't list those two because I figure their team records will kill their chances of being selected by the coaches.

I think I listed too many guards but Billups is still good. Pop is monitoring Parker's minutes closely, so I don't think he will get in. No one elsereally comes to mind unless you want to mention guys like Rudy Gay or Monta Ellis.

I can picture Billups giving his HOF induction speech with CP on NT losing his damn mind.
laugh.gif

[h2]Q. & A. With Kobe Bryant[/h2]

Q.

Does a player have to evolve his game to remain relevant and what has the process been like for you?

A.

KOBE BRYANT: They're all one in the same. It's just working, enjoying what I do. I think I'm really fortunate because I really love what I do. They're players who do it because they're good at it or use it as a means just to provide or accolades or adoration. That's a different kind of motivation. When you do something that you truly, truly love doing, you find yourself wanting to do it all the time.

Q.

Why did you start using Tim Grover, Michael Jordan's former trainer?

A.

I was just having some issues that I felt I could get better at, areas that I felt were weak that my previous training program wasn't hitting on, so I wanted to get better. I had kind of plataued doing the other stuff. So I wanted to get better and improve, so I sought him out.

Q.

What areas?

A.

All kinds of areas. I won't go into specific, but I just wanted to get better.

Q.

Do you feel like you still have room to grow as a player?

A.

I do. I do. I think there's so much more to understand. A lot of it just has to do with winning. It has nothing to do with me as an individual. Just more so, how can I lead these guys? That's kind of been the evolution as a basketball player. When you first come into the league, you're trying to prove yourself as an individual, do things to assert yourself and establish yourself. But then once you've done that, there's another level to the game that's more complex than figuring out how to put up big numbers as an individual. That's easy to do.

Q.

Do you think your game has evolved since even two, three years ago?

A.

Oh, without a doubt. A lot of that has to do with the team that I have because they allow me to explore those other areas of my game because they're better basketball players, so that enables me to sit back and say, 'OK, I don't have to score 40 points a game to keep us competitive.' I can start thinking the game more and thinking how can I use the pieces that I have here as opposed to thinking, 'Damn, I've got to put my head down and go out there and try to beat two or three guys just to keep us in the game.' So, I think they help me get to another level of understanding the game."

Q.

What areas do you still have to improve upon?

A.

It's all leadership, how I get the best out of these guys, how I make these guys better. Because them better makes me better. For years, all I hear people say is this player makes these players better. But they're all great players already. It's like kind of silly to me to say Kobe has become more unselfish or yada, yada, yada with these guys that I have. Pau Gasol's a great player in his own right. It's a lot easier for me to make him better. It's easier for me to make Lamar better. It's easier to make Derek Fisher better. They have the commitment, they have the work ethic. They're already here. They're just making me look a lot better than I actually am.

Q.

Have you thought about how much longer you want to play?

A.

Not really. Not really. I think the reason why I haven't thought about it is I still feel good. I feel like I've still got a lot left in the tank. Even though the light at the end of the tunnel is much brighter than the one at the beginning, I'm not quite there yet to think how many years I want to do this.

Q.

Other players have gotten injured before they reached your tenure? Have you ever thought of yourself as fortunate in that aspect?

A.

Very fortunate. Very fortunate. My father also taught me at an early age, you've got to think the game. You're not going to be able to do the same thing all the time. I still have a lot of gas, but I don't have as much as I had when I was 19, 20, 21 years old. So, you've got to make adjustments. You can still be as effective. You're just effective in different ways.

Q.

Have you realized how much you're scoring from the post in the early season?

A.

Oh, yeah, I heard that. I think it's just a testament to work. I can change my game. It doesn't have to be the same. The strengths that I have now were weaknesses when I was a kid. The strengths that I had as a kid may be weaknesses now. So, you just kind of flip flop and get the same results.

Q.

Is it easier for a post player to age in this league than a guard?

A.

For some. I'm fortunate. I'm 6 foot 6. So, my body is easily adaptable. I can go to a leaner, quicker look or I can go to a stronger, bulkier look, or I can have a combination of the two. So, I can go to a perimeter-orientated game or I can go to the post. I can do a multitude of things.

Q.

Do you want to talk about working over the summer with Hakeem Olajuwon?

A.

Not the details of it. I'll leave those a secret. But I had a great, great session with him. Absolutely great session with him. It was just one. I flew up there. I only had a day available. Flew up there late the night before, got up, did my own little workout. He came and picked me up at the hotel, went over to his house and we began working. We worked for about five hours straight. Just hung out with him, ate some dinner and he took me out to the airport.

Q.

But always had the postwork as part of your game, right?

A.

It's a lot more than that. But the details that he gave me, it's one thing to look at players do this, do that. Look at Hakeem's post moves, spin moves, this that and the other and then it's another thing to really understand them, get the details of them and the little nuances of them and that's what he shared with me.

Q.

How much film do you watch now, as compared to a decade ago?

A.

I watched more then than I do now. I was just learning. I'm still learning now, but I've watched so much film, my memory is, I can remember pretty much everything that happens pretty much through a course of a game, so I watch film to prepare for a particular team, but I don't watch as much as I used to.

Q.

Do you lift more or less weights now?

A.

Maybe even a little less. But everything is very specific. I know exactly what I'm doing. I have a great program and it's tailor made for me. It's built for me.

Link:

http://offthedribble.blog...23/q-a-with-kobe-bryant/

Dear Santa aka (Mitch Kupchak)
laugh.gif

ESPN NBA Trade Machine is such fun
laugh.gif

trade.jpg

Get it done Mitch !

I mean can we hit the Memphis well again without causing Poppvich and the rest of the league crying foul or unfair
laugh.gif

I mean Memphis can use the same excuse "We made the trade for financial reasons" since they would be getting AMMO & Farmar's expiringcontracts and their owner is always saying his Franchise is always in the BLACK financially. Marc Gasol can say "Well I just wanted to play with my bigbro and win championships". The nice thing is we would have Marc Gasol and Mike Conely for 2 years at cheap rookie contracts and wouldn't have toworry about replacing Farmar & DJ Mbenga since they both will be free agents next summer and won't likely be re signed.

big ears better pray EVER morning and EVER night that Sasha and Morrison are on the team or he would be the biggest bum out there

How did Farmar fall off so much?

He was much better when he played behind Smush...

And I'd rather have Farmar than Duhon on my team. We were playing 4 on 5 whenever his bum %#+ was in the game.

Back
Top Bottom