OFFICIAL LAKERS 2009/2010 (57-25) 2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Nash

just a wild idea here but how about we stop beating up on our own players before the season is even over

i'm all for this,  they tend to play better at home. i think we'll see aggressive pau instead of passive pau on tuesday. if pau takes the ball to the basket strong over and over again rather then settling for jumpers the lakers have a good shot.

i'm proud of what kobe did to keep the team in the game last night but everyone else HAS to step up on tuesday. kobe has proven he can get his against this Celtics D, that's fine and all but i would much rather see Kobe score 20 on tuesday and get 18 and 10 from pau, a solid 15 from artest, 14 from odom,  10 from bynum, 15 from fisher etc. 

Originally Posted by Nash

just a wild idea here but how about we stop beating up on our own players before the season is even over
laugh.gif

I'm expecting the worst, hoping for the best. Believe it or not, I think our Staples Center fans will be a huge boost for the team (yes, I know our reputation), especially the mercurial players like Odom and Artest, who would thrive on the homefloor energy.

But back to the idea of trashing the team before it's been knocked out... I hate to say it, but its been on my mind ever since the game ended. In all likelihood, Phil is gone. This team has topped out in terms of its potential, and without a ring in hand what justification is there for Dr. Buss to pay Phil the money he wants?

Assuming Phil does go, I can see the team splintering afterwards. Considering the personalities that we have, who else is out there that could bring them together and make them work the way Phil has for just about a decade now? Coach K isn't walking through our doors, guys
frown.gif

Finally, assuming the aforementioned does come to pass, and the Lakers brass is committed to keeping the team in contention for the duration of Kobe's contract extension, we need to be big players in the offseason somehow. Sign someone, trade bulk for pieces, do SOMETHING. Kupchak, who has done a fantastic job recently, made a misstep when he didn't plug the holes on the bench. I'm sure he realized that he was gambling, but it's looking like we're on the losing end of that wager.

^

pretty much, it's all or nothing, even if phil comes back a return trip to the finals isn't guaranteed. teams in the west started to close the gap on the Lakers this season, Kobes not getting any younger and they will need to make some moves. if the Lakers don't win the next 2 games, it's safe to say Phil is as good as gone and there will be some moves made this offseason.

if they win, i'm sure they'll bring Phil back and try to make one more run, but whatever happens on tuesday night and possibly thursday night will play a huge role on how the team looks next season.

Wow talk about nerve racking.
smh.gif
The blame can't just go to Artest, or Odom, or Gasol, but everyone played a part in it. I think someone else stated it and it seems somewhat true that LA has to play a near flawless game to win and Boston can do less to come out victorious. We aren't getting good looks out there and in the rare moment that we do, we hesitate and pass it up.

Everything mounts now Game 6, EVERY POSSESSION COUNTS. I don't know if it's a matter of "letting them play" but it seems like offensively when we try to draw fouls it's a horrible attempt and we just end up throwing up an airball. Bynum holds that ball too close to his chest and throws up wild !%@% when trying to get foul calls too. But I don't wanna nitpick on every flaw I seen but I hope they can get the fundamentals right.

We have to jump out to an early lead. Playing from behind is too much at this time and this is where pride and heart come into play. I honestly feel that some of the Lakers are being mentally beaten and I'd love to see a breakthrough performance from Artest or Odom. Hell give Sasha more minutes man. If Artest comes out and gets drilled again on defense, and brings NOTHING again on offense, get him the %**! out of there.

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Originally Posted by tmoney85

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

I wish we was playing the Magics.
frown.gif

na man, its better to go down fighting a true Champion than to beat a over achieving team.

LAKER FANS WE MUST HAVE FAITH!! WE CAN PULL THROUGH!!!! PRAY TO WHATEVER GOD YOU HAVE!!!!
--Im a realist. No faith here. We are done. Lets take our L and start a new season in November.
wow, I'm not a Laker fan but I really do think you guys can win game 6 and take it to a game 7. Anything goes in game 7 and you guys have homecourt.

i love how when Doc was at the podium they brought up how the Celtics were playing rough.. he quickly stopped the reported and said "no no no i dont wanna talk about that..."

ever since he sent that video into the league, they let the Celtics play their type of ball -- rough and technically illegal.
THIS THIS THIS THIS!!!!!!!!

that game was the most obivous %$@%%%@# i have ever watched...

my wife was watchign the game with me, and she knows about 20% of whats going on, and she was like "#%% their cheating for the Celtics" (And she is a Laker hater btw) it was obvious to someone who doesnt even know about basketball that the game was favored for Boston.
Im not just talking about Freethrows and fouls... im talkin about dumb momentum killing whistles....

I honestly believe in my heart, had we got the ball back when Ray Allen CLEARLY shot that airball.... we would have been in overtime....

I hope that Lakers come out game 6 and really kick it in gear.... our game at home, we CAN NOT LOSE TO THE CELTICS ON OUR HOME FLOOR.......

when everyone was on panic mode in the regular season and earlier in the playoffs i said i'll panic only if we were down 3-2 in a series

well......
for some reason i dont feel like im in panic mode yet...maybe if its the 4th quarter of game 6 and we are down.....then maybe but as of right now i dont know why im not in panic mode

but i did predict a 7 game series...lets hope

Infyrno23 wrote:
tmoney85 wrote:
i love how when Doc was at the podium they brought up how the Celtics were playing rough.. he quickly stopped the reported and said "no no no i dont wanna talk about that..."

ever since he sent that video into the league, they let the Celtics play their type of ball -- rough and technically illegal.

my wife was watchign the game with me, and she knows about 20% of whats going on, and she was like "#%% their cheating for the Celtics" (And she is a Laker hater btw) it was obvious to someone who doesnt even know about basketball that the game was favored for Boston.
Im not just talking about Freethrows and fouls... im talkin about dumb momentum killing whistles....

I honestly believe in my heart, had we got the ball back when Ray Allen CLEARLY shot that airball.... we would have been in overtime....

I hope that Lakers come out game 6 and really kick it in gear.... our game at home, we CAN NOT LOSE TO THE CELTICS ON OUR HOME FLOOR.......

Just stop it
LA LOSS because BOS is a TEAM and this is a TEAM game...
Kobe can't do it by himself...sad that he had to resign with this so called "team"...
smh.gif

The refs gave this game 5 to BOS?....Yeah ok guy
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Infyrno23 wrote:
tmoney85 wrote:

Just stop it
LA LOSS because BOS is a TEAM and this is a TEAM game...
Kobe can't do it by himself...sad that he had to resign with this so called "team"...
smh.gif

The refs gave this game 5 to BOS?....Yeah ok guy
laugh.gif

dude if you cant tell that one team is being favored by calls then the other then your lost...

why are you even in this thread?

i have faith that we can win 1 game cuz thats all we need right now, i also have faith that the celtics cant win a 3rd straight game in this series (especially in LA). i have faith that kobe and the rest of the team wont allow the celtics to celebrate on their home court....all we need to do is get to a game 7 and then its anybodies series

Infyrno23 wrote:

dude if you cant tell that one team is being favored by calls then the other then your lost...

The refs have been bad all finals so its nothing new...
I have many reasons to come in this Thread...one of them being (
mad.gif
frown.gif
) post about the REFS when LA losses...Like yours 
laugh.gif

But its ok man LA WILL get the help they need bad in game 6 
nerd.gif

But will LA fans say they got help?....no
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Infyrno23 wrote:

The refs have been bad all finals so its nothing new...
I have many reasons to come in this Thread...one of them being (
mad.gif
frown.gif
) post about the REFS when LA losses...Like yours 
laugh.gif

But its ok man LA WILL get the help they need bad in game 6 
nerd.gif

But will LA fans say they got help?....no
tired.gif

--I would admit it.
--Where in the hell have you been Do Be? Seems Like you been MIA.

Two things..

YUKU...I think it was a week ago were it shut down NT...
frown.gif

NT virus...I try to fight it but it was to powerful...
frown.gif

There is really no use of the Internet without NT...
smh.gif

has CP given his take on the game yet?
nerd.gif

mad.gif
Infyrno23 wrote:

This Also
mad.gif
 C'mon Lakers Lets get game 6

I just dont see any intensity in the players after game 6. Everyone was just like "hey we just gotta go out there and play"

nobody was MAD... nobody was kicking down trashcans in the hallways.... nobody was cursing... the only way the lakers can beat Boston is by playing and acting just like that. playing hard, playing hungry, playing with RAGE.

After their game 2 loss, the Lakers were said to be extremely angry after the game and they showed it in game 3. After this game it seems like the Lakers just want the season over with so they can go on vacation.

I can picture Lamar thinking "#%%#, if this goes to game 7 I wont be able to fly out of LA for my honeymoon til next week... #%%# that, lets just get this over with tuesday so i can be in the Bahamas or whereever my ogre wants to go by Friday"

#%%# you Lamar, #%%# you Lakers players that dont care, #%%# you Pierce, #%%# you Rondo, #%%# you KG, the most overrated player of ALL TIME.

I have felt from the beginning it will come down to Kobe having to make a shot in game 7. I denied it inside because it's just too stressful to sit back and watch that possibly play out.

I hoped for 5 and picked that but 7 and possibly Kobe hitting a gamewinner may happen.

I just hope it becomes "The Shot"

Sad thing is we had a great opportunity to steal game 5.

Those 2 freethrows Artest missed were beyond HUGE.

Still, Kobe flew in for the rebound.....Only to have it taken away by Pierce.

Was i the only 1 who thought that couldve been a jumpball, or is that wishful thinking/ homerism???

At this point, Artest lack of Bball IQ has cost him playing time in the 4th quarter.
I don't know how Phil can continue leaving him in for those crucial final minutes.

Phil loves to stick to his rotation, but come on man, put in Sasha or someone to eat up those minutes on defense against Pierce.

Lakers need to play game 6 like its the last game of their lives.

If they Lakers dont show up diving for every ball and giving it their all... then I will have lost all respect for the Lakers players. Sad when the fans have to beg their team to play harder and show more interest in the NBA FINALs.

If its a blowout in favor of Boston I'd like to see a Celtics player get tackled on a break away layup... maybe break Pierce's leg and end his career. That would make losing more bearable.

Lakers need to play game 6 like its the last game of their lives.

If they Lakers dont show up diving for every ball and giving it their all... then I will have lost all respect for the Lakers players. Sad when the fans have to beg their team to play harder and show more interest in the NBA FINALs.

If its a blowout in favor of Boston I'd like to see a Celtics player get tackled on a break away layup... maybe break Pierce's leg and end his career. That would make losing more bearable.

Are you serious? 

What kind of ##*# is that? 
laugh.gif

I hate the Celtics but damn, wishing career ending injuries on players, that's taking it to a whole another level.

^Did anyone think Ron slowed down to take the foul?  To me, that is what it looked like.  He should have gone up stronger to get a three point play or even draw a flagrant foul because Rondo would have had to foul extra hard to make up for the weight difference.

Where was Brown?

^ I think Ron is just slow and it just looked like he slowed down. 
laugh.gif

I really think the Lakers can benefit from Shannon Brown's defense or Ray Allen or Pierce.  He's a big guard.

They need to do something different.

Ron Artest is pissing me off.

If the Lakers lose this series, Ron Artest better get the hell out of LA. Ariza would have made those 2 free throws with a min left in the game. Just like in 2003 it's a curse whenever the Lakers get old timers like Karl Malone and Payton. Those guys were never Lakers and should never be mentioned as Lakers and it's starting to look that way for this moron Artest.

Look at Ron's stats yesterday, 2-9 for 7 points, 1-4 Free Throws, 2 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal. This is coming from a starting forward? And it's not like this idiot stop PP either. Pathetic!!!

feeling confident....momentum switch.

Just ball out the rest of the way. Kobe finals mvp.
pimp.gif
. boston WILL repeat their ECSF exit when they lost G6/G7 to ORL - this time with KG and at the hands of the Lakers
pimp.gif

And we will end this season with a 2 game winning streak at HOME.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom