OFFICIAL LAKERS 2009/2010 (57-25) 2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  we ain't the Cavs.....

[h3]http://niketalk.yuku.com/blog/trueh...-you-have-it-all-what-can-free-agency-get-you [/h3]
Salary cap expert Larry *#%* makes a good point. It's entirely possible that, thanks to a wrinkle in the collective bargaining agreement, Kobe Bryant has reduced his own future NBA income by signing a three-year contract extension with the Lakers, instead of entering free agency this summer and starting fresh with a new deal.

But I get it.

Consider the opposite, which is keeping your options open.

LeBron James is the highly paid star of the Cleveland Cavaliers, who are by many measures the best team in the NBA this year. He's playing for his hometown team, where he could hardly be treated any better. If he signed up for the long-term, he'd help his front office build a cap strategy, which could give them an advantage in surrounding him with quality teammates.

But James has not committed.

Why would he go and do a thing like that? It's easy to guess. Maybe he wanted to maximize his celebrity, and marketing income, by playing to a massive hometown audience in one of those cities where NBA teams make good money even in a bad economy. Maybe he wanted to join a roster that didn't just have a chance at a title, but instead knew precisely how to win one. Maybe he wanted to live in a nice climate.

Meanwhile, today's the day that I'm on record saying that I think James is almost certain to re-sign with Cleveland. There are several reasons I say that, but the most obvious of them is that Shangri-La ain't out there.

If James wanted to make max money while immediately winning titles for a deep-pocketed team in a top NBA market ... there is no such team.

Except the Los Angeles Lakers. 
pimp.gif
  The roster is excellent. The fan base is rabid and star-studded. The competition from the NFL is non-existent. The climate is stellar. The ownership has always spent to win. The front office is skilled, as evidenced by everything from trading for Pau Gasol in 2008 to drafting Andrew Bynum tenth overall in 2005. The championship banners are plentiful, and many of them are fresh
wink.gif
  (Suck it Cleveland, love, CP) 

Even if you maximized every ounce of what free agency could get you, it's hard to imagine how you could do better than what Kobe Bryant has right now. And when you know what you want, there's a ton of value -- not the least of which is psychic -- in taking all the other options off the table by signing on the dotted line. This extension keeps Bryant where he has been happy and successful. It gives him something almost no NBA player has ever gotten: fat salaries in his 16th, 17th and 18th NBA seasons. And it also keeps any other superstar free agents of 2010 from getting any funny ideas about making a play for Bryant's spot in the sun. A few dollars is a small price to pay for that.  

Atleast we know we can win at home. Lakers have won 34 in a row I think at home...So if anything, we SHOULD be fine at home and be able to make it to the finals.

It's like Deja Vu, remember how much crap the Lakers were hearing towards the end of last season, and during the first round against Houston? Hopefully it is deja vu and we end up winning agian.

if we get to the finals and play cavs i really love the homecourt.

i mean i always thought it was an advantage to have 3 in a row. if we can steal won in cleveland and then play 3 in L.A that is :hay

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

C's had homecourt though when they dusted us, iirc

man that was different they were beasting and we were new as a unit. people forget we barely got Pau, Ariza barely came back and Bynum was out and we blew that 20 point lead.

this unit is better... and C's D back then>>>>>>Cavs D now.

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

Would you guys rather see Dallas or Denver in the WCF?

Anyone... i always prefer the more difficult teams. we need a challenge to prepare us and keep us focused

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Some of you guys are giving Artest way too much credit. This dude is inconsistant as hell.

He'll play excellent defense one day, then play terrible defense against a lesser player the next. He does this all the time.

It's always back and forth with him and if the Lakers don't repeat you will see everyone coming after him, I guarantee it.
Take away the lesser player part.
laugh.gif

I guess this is just a result of me being a prisoner of the moment but...

I'd much rather have Ariza right now than Artest.

I'm worried

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

I'm worried

check ariza's season stats on nba.com

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

I'm worried

check ariza's season stats on nba.com

i bet those stats would be different if he was still with us and same goes for artest 

some players just work well with certain systems

we got artest for the playoffs and shut down the other teams best player...lets see if he can produce

I went to the game yesturday. Few notes...

I know I have been gone for a while but it was DEAD in staples! Very laxed in there. It seemed like nobody cared until they tired to make that run in the 4th.

I have never worried about Kobe. Never. I am worried about him. He has been so off lately.

Our bench in trash.

I like Ron. I do. But I feel Ariza was the better fit. I hope I eat those words come playoff time.

Gasol had a great game but sometimes he just misses gimme shots and those free throws.

I feel the techs at the end of the half just killed the flow.

I think we will be ok but I am worried.

^
You home for good Tupac or just on a vacation?  Glad you all good. 

We'll be alright man, hopefully all Laker fans see that we do in fact need to have Bynum in there, he deepens our bench by keeping the rotation at 3 bigs.  LO or Gasol get in foul trouble, and all of a sudden we're in trouble. 

The Spurs did a great job locking up everyone else, Pau and Kobe got damn near all the points.  And that's with Kobe forcing like a son of a gun.  But if our worries need to be about Kobe, in the playoffs, then we're in good shape, cuz that dude will be ready.  I don't expect him to shoot %75, but when has he ever? 
laugh.gif

sup tupac nice seeing you again and im glad you were at the game

its really a bad time to be in a funk though

plus staples is always dead
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Deployment is finally over with! 
smile.gif
smokin.gif
  But I my ship is moving to Washington next year.
frown.gif
tired.gif

Staples has its bad moments but damn it was really horrible yesterday. I think the championship band wagoners were in there because I remember going in 05, 06 and 07 and it was always live in the 300's. It was so subdued...I couldn't believe it. I can't wait for the playoffs to come around again because last year in the playoffs it was great!

I can't wait for drew to get back. I don't expect much out of him but he makes our bench stronger because he moves Lamar back to the bench. I just wish there was a way for Pau and Drew to play better together.

I didn't get a chance to look at the stats but how many shots did Kobe take yesterday? I really wish we had one knock down 3 point shooter. I would feel so much better. Sasha was getting killed in staples yesterday! LOL I have never heard the crowd rag on him like they did last afternoon.

We have all followed this team for a while and we all know that when it comes down to it they will get it together. I just wonder if it will be enough this year. I really worry about the Cavs. Hell I worry about Dallas. I didn't get a chance to catch many games this season but most of the games I did catch were against the big competition and we didn't fair all that well...

yeah i really hope this isnt another turmoil like we had in 2004 when we had gp and malone

i worry more about dallas and denver..theyre hungrier and definitely deeper than us IMO

it really bugged me how we kept taking jumpshot after jumpshot...why didnt we pound that ball to pau...he was having a hell of a game...i understand kobe was trying to get his rhythm back but man he needed to stop forcing and let the game come to him...then again weve been saying this about kobe for how long now?!
laugh.gif
mad.gif
...all in all i think our boys are learning that repeating is not easy i mean ask the spurs
wink.gif
tongue.gif
laugh.gif
...so hopefully theyll have their guard up 10x more in the playoffs...from what im seeing it seems like they are bored and cant wait till the playoffs...thats always a dangerous game to play

f sasha i can wait till hes gone

Back
Top Bottom