[::Official LA Lakers @ NY Knicks SUNDAY 12:00pm ET NBATV::]

[h1] Lakers at Knicks[/h1]
Preview Conversation

12:00 PM ET, December 23, 2007
Madison Square Garden, New York , NY
NBA TV
[h2]Lakers-Knicks Preview[/h2]
[table][tr][td]AccuScore Projections[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
AccuScore has powered more than 10,000 simulations for every NBA game for ESPN.com, each simulated one play at a time and minimum of 10,000 times. For more, visit AccuScore.
View more Accuscore game details
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Gameday Matchup[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]W-L[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]PA[/td] [td]HOME[/td] [td]ROAD[/td] [td]STK[/td] [td]L10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LAL[/td] [td]16-10[/td] [td]106.3[/td] [td]101.2[/td] [td]9-4[/td] [td]7-6[/td] [td]W1[/td] [td]7-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]NY[/td] [td]8-18[/td] [td]94.3[/td] [td]102.0[/td] [td]7-8[/td] [td]1-10[/td] [td]L1[/td] [td]3-7[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]2007-08 Season[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Series tied 0-0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dec 23, 2007[/td] [td]LAL @ NY[/td] [td]12:00 PM ET[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jan 29, 2008[/td] [td]NY @ LAL[/td] [td]10:30 PM ET[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Injury Report[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LOS ANGELES[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· Kobe Bryant SG - Dec 21: Day-to-Day
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]NEW YORK[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· Stephon Marbury PG - Dec 21: Day-to-Day
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· Fantasy Injury News
in.gif

· View NBA injury report[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Last 5 Games[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LOS ANGELES (ET)[/td] [td]NEW YORK (ET)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dec 21 @PHI Win 106-101
Dec 20 @CLE Loss 94-90
Dec 18 @CHI Win 103-91
Dec 16 LAC Win 113-92
Dec 14 @GS Loss 108-106
[/td] [td]Dec 21 @CHA Loss 105-95
Dec 19 CLE Win 108-90
Dec 17 IND Loss 119-92
Dec 15 NJ Win 94-86
Dec 14 @CHI Loss 101-96
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· Complete Schedule: Los Angeles | New York[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Depth Chart[/td] [/tr][tr][td]POS[/td] [td]LOS ANGELES (PPG)[/td] [td]NEW YORK (PPG)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]PG��������[/td] [td]. Fisher 12.1[/td] [td]S. Marbury 13.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SG��������[/td] [td]K. Bryant 26.3[/td] [td]J. Crawford 18.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SF��������[/td] [td]L. Walton 7.7[/td] [td]Q. Richardson 7.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]PF��������[/td] [td]L. Odom 14.2[/td] [td]Z. Randolph 18.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]C��������[/td] [td]A. Bynum 11.9[/td] [td]E. Curry 14.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· View full depth chart
· Team rosters: Los Angeles | New York[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Team Stat Leaders[/td] [/tr][tr][td]�[/td] [td]LOS ANGELES[/td] [td]NEW YORK[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Points[/td] [td]K. Bryant 26.3[/td] [td]J. Crawford 18.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rebounds[/td] [td]A. Bynum 10.1[/td] [td]Z. Randolph 10.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Assists[/td] [td]K. Bryant 4.7[/td] [td]S. Marbury 4.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Steals[/td] [td]K. Bryant 2.0[/td] [td]J. Crawford 1.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Blocks[/td] [td]A. Bynum 2.1[/td] [td]E. Curry .5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· Team stats: Los Angeles | New York[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Today's Line[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FAVORITE[/td] [td]OPEN[/td] [td]CUR[/td] [td]UNDERDOG[/td] [td]O/U[/td] [/tr][tr][td]@NEW YORK[/td] [td]-0[/td] [td]-0[/td] [td]LOS ANGELES[/td] [td]--[/td] [/tr][tr][td]ATS[/td] [td]Los Angeles[/td] [td]New York[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Record:[/td] [td]16-10-0 (.615)[/td] [td]8-18-0 (.308)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]As Favorite:[/td] [td]11-3-0 (.786)[/td] [td]2-4-0 (.333)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]As Underdog:[/td] [td]5-7-0 (.417)[/td] [td]6-14-0 (.300)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]At Home:[/td] [td]9-4-0 (.692)[/td] [td]7-8-0 (.467)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]On Road:[/td] [td]7-6-0 (.538)[/td] [td]1-10-0 (.091)[/td] [/tr][/table]

STATS LLC

Once known for dysfunction and controversy, the Los Angeles Lakers have seemingly put thosedays behind them. It continues to be a completely different story for the New YorkKnicks.
Kobe Bryant and the Lakers make their lone appearance this season atMadison Square Garden on Sunday to face the Knicks, who enter fresh off another team dispute.The Lakers (16-10) had their share of off-the-court attentionearly in the season because of Bryant's trade demands. It's all in the past now as Los Angeles has won seven of nine games and sits in second place inthe Pacific Division behind Phoenix.For the Knicks (8-18), the season has provided little remedy after an offseason that featured a sexual harassment lawsuitagainst coach Isiah Thomas and the Garden. New York owns the second-worst record in the Eastern Conference and has played seven of its last 10 games withoutpoint guard Stephon Marbury since his father passed away on Dec. 2.Marbury, whosestatus remains in limbo, was previously fined for skipping a game at Phoenix on Nov. 13.Thomas was the focal point of another confrontation when he and forwardQuentin Richardson got into an expletive-filled exchange in the third quarter ofFriday's 105-95 loss at Charlotte. Assistant coach Herb Williams was forced to hold back Thomas during the argument."Sometimes you try to say somethings to a player or say some things to your team just to get them motivated, to get some fire in them," Thomas said when asked to explain the incident."There won't be any carry-over from it."Richardson also downplayed the disagreement, which overshadowed another dismal performance as the Knicksfell behind by 23 points at halftime in their seventh loss in nine games."I thought that the whole group was bad, frankly," Thomas said. "Wejust had no fire, no competitiveness."It was another poor effort for center EddyCurry, who had 11 points and five rebounds. Curry, the team scoring leader last season, is averaging just 10.7 points and 4.4 rebounds in his last ninegames.That's a direct contrast to the emergence of Andrew Bynum for the Lakers.The 20-year-old center is averaging 16.8 points and 11.4 boards while shooting better than 70 percent in his last five games after a stellar performance inFriday's 106-101 win at Philadelphia.Bynum made 10-of-11 shots for 24 points and grabbed 11 rebounds. He scored 18 of Los Angeles' first 38 points andsurpassed 1,000 points for his career."My teammates looking for me, especially in the first half, is nice," Bynum said following his third straightdouble-double.Los Angeles continued to showcase its impressive balance as Bryant's 19 points was just the team's fourth-best total Friday. Lamar Odom and DerekFisher each scored 21 points as the Lakers improved to 2-1 heading into the finale of their four-game road trip.This is the first 2007-08 meeting betweenthese teams after New York swept two games from Los Angeles last season for the first time since 2000-01. Bryant, averaging 34.3 points in his last four gamesat New York, missed the Lakers' visit to the Garden on Jan. 30 since he was suspended for hitting San Antonio's Manu Ginobili in the face in his previous game.

------------------------------------------------------------

Kobe hasn't shot very well the last few games, but at least we pulled it out with a strong performance from the supporting cast.
pimp.gif

Lets hope for another 10-11 performance from Andrew
eek.gif

Let's Blow These Fools Out Of Their Own Area... Let's Make Them See What They Missed Last Year When Kobe Was Suspended
devil.gif

Letssssssss go Lakers!
pimp.gif

ugh sasha wit 55 points on 12-14 from 3pt land
Trevor Ariza dunks on Eddy Curry's family.....4 times

Lakers by 40

on a sidenote: how do u copy and paste that accuscore thing in here? Tried it and it never works

i'll be in the building btw for any other grieving knick fans

I've missed 3 straight Knicks games.

I'm pretty sure that's the longest I've went in at least 10 years.

I ain't interested anymore.

Let's go Lakeshow. I wanna see Bynum with another career high performance as well as Kobe becoming the youngest to get to 20,000 points. As well as aLakers win.

Go LAKERS.
pimp.gif

Bynum with another monster game. I'd give Kobe 15-20 mins so he's ready for the Suns on Tuesday. Bench should be able to hold their owntomorrow...

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

^
frown.gif
tired.gif

Exactly how I feel.
I sit there now and watch with no joy. It's like I'm just sitting there in front of the TV out of habit. I used to be excitedfor every game. I guess the past 6 or so years is finally beginning to wear on me.

Sitting at the bar checking out the highlights and seeing that they lost by 10 to the Bobcats doesn't help...

Lets not even get into Isiah's comments where he basically said he likes the spot they're in.
smh.gif

[table][tr][td]
Damn Kobe's really struggling.......

Last Three Games
[/td] [td]
stats_header_lft.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Date[/td] [td]Opponent[/td] [td]Result[/td] [td]MIN[/td] [td]FGM-A[/td] [td]3PM-A[/td] [td]FTM-A[/td] [td]OFF[/td] [td]DEF[/td] [td]REB[/td] [td]AST[/td] [td]STL[/td] [td]BLK[/td] [td]TO[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]PTS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dec 21[/td] [td]@ PHI[/td] [td]W 106 - 101[/td] [td]39[/td] [td]6 - 20[/td] [td]2 - 5[/td] [td]5 - 5[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]19[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dec 20[/td] [td]@ CLE[/td] [td]L 90 - 94[/td] [td]40[/td] [td]8 - 22[/td] [td]0 - 3[/td] [td]5 - 8[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]21[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dec 18[/td] [td]@ CHI[/td] [td]W 103 - 91[/td] [td]36[/td] [td]7 - 19[/td] [td]0 - 3[/td] [td]4 - 4[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]18[/td] [/tr][/table]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]Good thing Lamar got his back[/color]
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

[table][tr][td]
Last Three Games
[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Date[/td] [td]Opponent[/td] [td]Result[/td] [td]MIN[/td] [td]FGM-A[/td] [td]3PM-A[/td] [td]FTM-A[/td] [td]OFF[/td] [td]DEF[/td] [td]REB[/td] [td]AST[/td] [td]STL[/td] [td]BLK[/td] [td]TO[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]PTS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dec 21[/td] [td]@ PHI[/td] [td]W 106 - 101[/td] [td]40[/td] [td]8 - 11[/td] [td]1 - 1[/td] [td]4 - 6[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]21[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dec 20[/td] [td]@ CLE[/td] [td]L 90 - 94[/td] [td]41[/td] [td]9 - 12[/td] [td]0 - 2[/td] [td]1 - 1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]19[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dec 18[/td] [td]@ CHI[/td] [td]W 103 - 91[/td] [td]40[/td] [td]6 - 11[/td] [td]0 - 1[/td] [td]5 - 6[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]17[/td] [/tr][/table]

Go lakers!

i feel the same way. its funny when you think that all of this nonsense started from the moment he decided to 'reduce' marbury's role.

Lakers got this game easily tommrow morning.

Damn I'm going to have to set my alarm clock just to wake up and watch this game @ 9AM here in Cali
eek.gif
laugh.gif

I'll be at the game....

...with my brown paper bag over my head. Isiah needs to let the young guys get more burn.

Originally Posted by Ronald0

you realize he has a groin injury right?
no excuses. the guy shouldnt be chucking up far@@+! 3 pointers. he needs to stop trying to hit far@@+! 3's and focus on hitting mid range jumpersand being a decoy. he is playing good team ball right now but the chucking of the long threes needs to stop....like now
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by Ronald0

you realize he has a groin injury right?
no excuses. the guy shouldnt be chucking up far@@+! 3 pointers. he needs to stop trying to hit far@@+! 3's and focus on hitting mid range jumpers and being a decoy. he is playing good team ball right now but the chucking of the long threes needs to stop....like now
laugh.gif

well like he said in an interview he wouldnt be taking those shots if it wasnt for his injury.

Back
Top Bottom