Official LA Clippers Offseason Thread

sloppy game by both teams
sick.gif

good luck to the clippers this season.
There's nothing better than having both LA basketball teams dominating the West.

Terrible first half, but awesome second half. I think we'll see a lot of that to start the season. Too many new players and players returning to form notto have some ups and downs. A lot of good things to point to in the game, so I'm not going get into them all. Butler was a nice pick up. Nice to have aregular rotation player that you can count on to drop 3s when open.

I got high hopes this year we got a young and talented team. I dont think a playoff team yet too young but I think we will be in the running for that 8th seed.

Damn, an in shape and motivated Baron Davis is fun to watch. He sparked that 3rd quarter run, let's hope he stays motivated all year and is looking toredeem himself from last season.

Rasual Butler is looking to grab that starting SF spot and he looks like he might get it if he continues to play this way. The guy was yet another steal byDunleavy.

Blake Griffin is going to be as good as advertised or even better! The guy just hustles and does not slow down, hopefully he can avoid injuries due to the wayhe plays.

Eric Gordon is very efficient, he can easily average 20 pts. this season.

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

Damn, an in shape and motivated Baron Davis is fun to watch. He sparked that 3rd quarter run, let's hope he stays motivated all year and is looking to redeem himself from last season.

Rasual Butler is looking to grab that starting SF spot and he looks like he might get it if he continues to play this way. The guy was yet another steal by Dunleavy.

Blake Griffin is going to be as good as advertised or even better! The guy just hustles and does not slow down, hopefully he can avoid injuries due to the way he plays.

Eric Gordon is very efficient, he can easily average 20 pts. this season.

Agreed as to all points.

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Originally Posted by petozham

Hey So-Cal heads, I tried to watch the last Clippers preseason game but I couldn't find it on Foxsports net or KTLA. Do you guys know if they'll show their game tonight on either of those? And will KTLA be showing Clipper games consistently throughout the season? I hate it how they would some times show it like an hour delayed, after the game had started last season.

Yah the Clips finally signed an exclusive agreement with Prime Ticket
http://www.nba.com/clippe.../breakingnews090827.html

Clippers and Prime Ticket Announce Exclusive Multi-Year Agreement

Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 3:00 pm (PT)

Further extending their successful longstanding partnership, the Los Angeles Clippers and PRIME TICKET today announced an exclusive multi-year telecast rights agreement, to begin with the upcoming 2009-10 National Basketball Association season.
In it's 14th season overall as telecast partner - and the first season as the sole television home for the Clippers - PRIME TICKET will provide a minimum of 70 game telecasts all in High Definition (HD). This marks the first complete HD Clippers season for the regional sports network.

"PRIME TICKET is a terrific business partner for the Clippers and we are thrilled to expand our partnership with them," said Clippers' President Andy Roeser. "With a minimum of 70 games on PRIME TICKET, our fans will always know where to find the Clippers."

"As we embark on our 14th season, PRIME TICKET is proud to continue our partnership with the Clippers organization," said Steve Simpson, senior vice president and general manager of FOX Sports West and PRIME TICKET. "We are excited to further extend our commitment to production excellence and showcasing a new era of Clippers basketball."

Ralph Lawler
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
the "Voice of the Clippers," is in his 31st year as the Clippers play-by-play announcer alongside former Clipper Michael Smith, who is in his eighth season providing color analysis. Sideline reporter Dain Blanton begins his first complete season of Clippers basketball and will deliver up-to-the-minute interviews and reports during every game telecast.

PRIME TICKET is the exclusive home of "Clippers Live", the 30-minute original Clippers show that provides fans with unmatched access to the team. Hosted by PRIME TICKET reporter Michael Eaves, with analysis from former NBA player Don MacLean, "Clippers Live" keeps fans informed and entertained with player interviews, expert analysis and feature stories.

pimp.gif
I love Ralph and Mike. Biased aside, those two are the best in the league. Other games I watch the commentators are OD homers, Ralph and Mike are in goodtaste.

Yeah Ralph and Mike are far from homer status if anything they give props to other teams hardworking players on a regular basis.

Good W last night. I'm liking what I'm seeing. No reason why we can't snag a 6th spot at least.

^ I agree but consistency and good health will be the key to our success.

in other news,

Clippers Exercise 10-11 Options On Gordon, Thornton
Oct 13, 2009 6:10 PM EST

The Los Angeles Clippers exercised the club's third-year contract option on guard Eric Gordon and the fourth-year contract option on forward Al Thornton.

Gordon, who was selected by the Clippers as the seventh overall pick in the 2008 NBA Draft, begins his second NBA season and is now signed through the 2010-11 campaign. Under the NBA's Collective Bargaining Agreement, the Clippers had the right to exercise this contract option.

Gordon turned in a stellar rookie campaign, averaging 16.1 points in 78 games played last season, earning him a spot on the All-Rookie Second Team as well as seeing him finish fifth in Rookie of the Year voting.

Thornton, the 14th overall selection by the Clippers in the 2007 NBA Draft is now also signed through the 2010-11 season, with the Clippers holding the right of first refusal. In two seasons with the Clippers, Thornton has tallied 15.6 points and 5.2 rebounds per game.

Via NBA.com

smokin.gif

Who's the starting SF?

I think Butler would be a better fit with the starting five. Thornton can come off the bench to be a offensive spark.

Tonight's starting 5:

Baron
Butler
Ricky
Griffin
Jordan

FYI: Blake with 21 & 5 (FGM-A, 10-13)
9vfpq8.gif

2+ min left in the 3rd

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
very well done.

Very promising. I'm hyped!

B. Griffin

Blake Griffin, PF 29 10-14 0-0 3-4 3 4 7 1 1 0 0 3 +4 23

OMG that one handed oop was insane. I can't bare this anymore, I'm so excited, I need this season to start asap!

"He's a Monster"

That's how Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich characterized Blake Griffin after the Clippers' 93-90 over the Spurs in San Antonio Wednesday night."He deserved to be picked where he was picked, that's for sure. He's a heck of a competitor."

As always, it's tough to evaluate basketball without visual aids, but here are some general observations:

[emoji]9830[/emoji] Aforementioned monster scored 23 points on 10-for-14 shooting from the field and zero turnovers. He went 3-for-4 on shot attempts outside the key, 3-for-4from the line, and gobbled up seven rebounds.

[emoji]9830[/emoji] With the Clippers up a single point with five seconds to play, DeAndre Jordan stepped to the line for two free throws - and hit them both. Preseason ornot, don't underestimate the confidence that comes with pulling that off with the game on the line in a visiting arena.

[emoji]9830[/emoji] Al Thornton put together a great performance off the bench: 18 points on 8-for-11 shooting. Four of the eight shots came in the immediate basket area andonly three of those 11 attempts came beyond 15 feet - something you like to see. The other member of the small forward platoon, Rasual Butler, had a far lessproductive night: 1-for-7 in 25 minutes.

[emoji]9830[/emoji] Gregg Popovich game significant minutes to 14 players, while Mike Dunleavy rested Marcus Camby, Chris Kaman and Eric Gordon. Sebastian Telfair is stillnursing a sore right hamstring.

[emoji]9830[/emoji] Blake Griffin, from the AP recap: "It was cool," Griffin said of his first-quarter, head-to-head matchup with perennial All-NBA post Tim Duncan."I've watched him for as long as I can remember, since I was 8 years old and he was in his first year in the league. It was really cool to go upagainst him."
Clippers' defensive efficiency for the game: 87.4. The defensive rotations sounded tight.

http://clipperblog.com/2009/10/15/hes-a-monster/

i've got 4 tickets for saturdays doubleheader. selling 2 for $50 or 4 for $90. hit me up.

Originally Posted by marath0n

"He's a Monster"

That's how Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich characterized Blake Griffin after the Clippers' 93-90 over the Spurs in San Antonio Wednesday night. "He deserved to be picked where he was picked, that's for sure. He's a heck of a competitor."

As always, it's tough to evaluate basketball without visual aids, but here are some general observations:

[emoji]9830[/emoji] Aforementioned monster scored 23 points on 10-for-14 shooting from the field and zero turnovers. He went 3-for-4 on shot attempts outside the key, 3-for-4 from the line, and gobbled up seven rebounds.

[emoji]9830[/emoji] With the Clippers up a single point with five seconds to play, DeAndre Jordan stepped to the line for two free throws - and hit them both. Preseason or not, don't underestimate the confidence that comes with pulling that off with the game on the line in a visiting arena.

[emoji]9830[/emoji] Al Thornton put together a great performance off the bench: 18 points on 8-for-11 shooting. Four of the eight shots came in the immediate basket area and only three of those 11 attempts came beyond 15 feet - something you like to see. The other member of the small forward platoon, Rasual Butler, had a far less productive night: 1-for-7 in 25 minutes.

[emoji]9830[/emoji] Gregg Popovich game significant minutes to 14 players, while Mike Dunleavy rested Marcus Camby, Chris Kaman and Eric Gordon. Sebastian Telfair is still nursing a sore right hamstring.

[emoji]9830[/emoji] Blake Griffin, from the AP recap: "It was cool," Griffin said of his first-quarter, head-to-head matchup with perennial All-NBA post Tim Duncan. "I've watched him for as long as I can remember, since I was 8 years old and he was in his first year in the league. It was really cool to go up against him."
Clippers' defensive efficiency for the game: 87.4. The defensive rotations sounded tight.

That's awesome. Popovich is not the type of guy to say something like that unless he really meant it. That's quite a compliment.

I'm really trying to keep my expectations for this season reasonable, but its hard not to get excited. This is definitely the most talented Clipper team Ican remember since I started following them, back in the Larry Brown-Danny Manning-Ron Harper era.

Checking in....
pimp.gif

I'm really trying to keep my expectations for this season reasonable, but its hard not to get excited.
Same here. I just hope we can stay healthy
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by lawdog1

Originally Posted by marath0n

"He's a Monster"

That's how Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich characterized Blake Griffin after the Clippers' 93-90 over the Spurs in San Antonio Wednesday night. "He deserved to be picked where he was picked, that's for sure. He's a heck of a competitor."

[emoji]9830[/emoji] Aforementioned monster scored 23 points on 10-for-14 shooting from the field and zero turnovers. He went 3-for-4 on shot attempts outside the key, 3-for-4 from the line, and gobbled up seven rebounds.

[emoji]9830[/emoji] With the Clippers up a single point with five seconds to play, DeAndre Jordan stepped to the line for two free throws - and hit them both. Preseason or not, don't underestimate the confidence that comes with pulling that off with the game on the line in a visiting arena.

[emoji]9830[/emoji] Al Thornton put together a great performance off the bench: 18 points on 8-for-11 shooting. Four of the eight shots came in the immediate basket area and only three of those 11 attempts came beyond 15 feet - something you like to see. The other member of the small forward platoon, Rasual Butler, had a far less productive night: 1-for-7 in 25 minutes.

[emoji]9830[/emoji] Gregg Popovich game significant minutes to 14 players, while Mike Dunleavy rested Marcus Camby, Chris Kaman and Eric Gordon. Sebastian Telfair is still nursing a sore right hamstring.

[emoji]9830[/emoji] Blake Griffin, from the AP recap: "It was cool," Griffin said of his first-quarter, head-to-head matchup with perennial All-NBA post Tim Duncan. "I've watched him for as long as I can remember, since I was 8 years old and he was in his first year in the league. It was really cool to go up against him."

That's awesome. Popovich is not the type of guy to say something like that unless he really meant it. That's quite a compliment.

I'm really trying to keep my expectations for this season reasonable, but its hard not to get excited. This is definitely the most talented Clipper team I can remember since I started following them, back in the Larry Brown-Danny Manning-Ron Harper era.
Exactly. That's why this was huge for me. Popovich is usually very reserved and calculated in what he says. I haven't even heard him talkabout his own players in such high regard. That's saying something.

Back
Top Bottom