OFFICIAL KOBE IX NIKEID-- NO BUYING/SELLING DISCUSSION--R.I.P KOBE 9 ID

Did you order the new flyknit multi-color?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
I got a question or a statement, depending on how you look at it? Don't take what I am fixing to say the wrong way bc first off the mc colorway is very nice and I would love to own a pair just because they are different! Now on to my point, does a true sneaker head even care about these ids (these aren't grails IMO)? I just don't see the point in dropping 1700 on a pair of ids an athlete has never wore in a game, achieved any status, and other than the "hype" has no real significance! I was a true sneaker head as a kid but when I started my family I had to put things in perspective and to be honest shoes were the last thing I needed to spend money on! I am a huge kobe fan and I have never lost my thirst for shoes (nike's and Jordan's in-particular), jumped back in about two years ago to witness a lot of madness! But these ids might just be the icing on the cake! This was not a hard cop, people just slept on them because they were ids and they thought they would be around or they attempted to use the glitch to do something different (like myself)! I can not say I am a true sneaker head anymore but I can say if I was this shoe would be no different than a GR TO ME!!! The only significance it has is variance from shoe to shoe, am I wrong or looking at this from the wrong perspective? To each his own and if you got it by all means get what you want but I just can't see the value in these to the point where I would drop almost 5x the retail on these ids! Would love to own a pair but would not pay one dime over 300 bc I truly think when the dust clears this will be just another shoe that came and went! Seriously trying to understand so opinions welcomed but just don't tell me they are kobe flynits!:smh:

Really, Nike is a corporation, responsible to it's stockholders, and stakeholders. If they can make money (and they can) on the MC FK then they will. It is absolutely not in their best interest to eliminate supply (and I'm not talking about limited releases - that builds brand excitement/equity and keeps hardcore collectors interested). My guess is they got caught with their pants down, and they did not properly anticipate the demand. My guess is the FK pieces are blanks, to be cut down to the appropriate shoe size, and they just underestimated how many blanks they'd go through. And since it's not standard FK they have to go back to production. The only reason Kick-Screw is charging $TooMuch is that people are freaking out that it might not return. Nike would literally be shooting themselves in the foot to not bring it back, and while that might seem to be a move they do a lot, I'm not convinced that this time it was intentional.

so much wrong in this post.

you're thinking too logically here.

Like someone else said, I hope you're right.

Kicks crew is trolling.... No one bought $1700 IDs, maybe some athletes or celebrities or something.... I doubt many peeps with that kind of money/status even know about that site in the first place.

Really, Nike is a corporation, responsible to it's stockholders, and stakeholders. If they can make money (and they can) on the MC FK then they will. It is absolutely not in their best interest to eliminate supply (and I'm not talking about limited releases - that builds brand excitement/equity and keeps hardcore collectors interested). My guess is they got caught with their pants down, and they did not properly anticipate the demand. My guess is the FK pieces are blanks, to be cut down to the appropriate shoe size, and they just underestimated how many blanks they'd go through. And since it's not standard FK they have to go back to production. The only reason Kick-Screw is charging $TooMuch is that people are freaking out that it might not return. Nike would literally be shooting themselves in the foot to not bring it back, and while that might seem to be a move they do a lot, I'm not convinced that this time it was intentional.
Why don't people understand Nike doesn't care about maximizing profits. The money they make off these is such a small fraction of their sales. The basketball division is most likely third behind running and apparel. While I like everbody else hope they do come back the truth of the matter is we make it out to be a bigger deal than they do.

At the end of the day Nike is still going to make millions every month.

You think by bringing back the MC FK it will increase the profits for them, but did you forget that it will also hurt their revenue. If you had the option to buy the MC FK, or a general release of the Kobe 9, which one would you buy?  More people would be buying the MC FK instead of the EM's or FK's. Their stock would be sitting at the stores and online. Just go to NDC and see how many sizes are available for each Kobe 9 CW.

If they wanted to make millions then they can release one CW of the MC FK as a general release and it will sell out instantly. Same reason why they don't let you duplicate a CW they released with their Nike ID program. Why do you think they waited so long to release the FK and just kept offering the low EM? They wanted people to buy the low EM before offering what the public really wanted.  

Simple business...

Last edited:
Why don't people understand Nike doesn't care about maximizing profits. The money they make off these is such a small fraction of their sales. The basketball division is most likely third behind running and apparel. While I like everbody else hope they do come back the truth of the matter is we make it out to be a bigger deal than they do.

True but margins on 'basketball' shoes are fatter as they sell at pretty much full price. Don't think I have ever bought running gear or apparel unless it was on sale.

Last edited:
Kicks crew is trolling.... No one bought $1700 IDs, maybe some athletes or celebrities or something.... I doubt many peeps with that kind of money/status even know about that site in the first place.
Lol! No one bought those shoes and did they even prove they had multiple pairs in stock?

If people are selling these shoes for $1000 then I might sell my four pairs. JK. 
laugh.gif

nike doesnt care about appeasing a few people by bringing back the MC upper.

its not even that they dont care...it really is that they double up by not having to advertise because we do it for them for free! the buzz, the hype, the frustration all works to their advantage. the money they would make by ordering 500k more MC flyknit uppers is a drop in the bucket compared to what they save in advertising dollars and product buzz.

IMO...LIG, its a done deal

True but margins on 'basketball' shoes are fatter as they sell at pretty much full price. Don't think I have ever bought running gear or apparel unless it was on sale.
Originally Posted by AndersonJames

some of you new guys have ALOT to learn about this sneaker thing...

Last edited:
nike doesnt care about appeasing a few people by bringing back the MC upper.

IMO...LIG, its a done deal

some of you new guys have ALOT to learn about this sneaker thing...

Not sure if you read what i said. Bigger profit margins with fewer sales is a counter- argument to your point that basketball division is likely not biggest profit generator because they apparently do less volume. It might not be, but the volume of products sold isn't the only thing determining profits. Nothing to learn common sense really...

Last edited:
Not sure if you read what i said. Bigger profit margins with fewer sales is a counter- argument to your point that basketball division is likely not biggest profit generator because they apparently do less volume. It might not be, but the volume of products sold isn't the only thing determining profits. Nothing to learn common sense really...

i get what you were trying to say...

your point about the profit margin being "fatter" holds no weight strictly because every product nike makes has a HUGE profit margin. even when items are on clearance nike still makes well over 100% profit

and to say nike basketball products make for "fatter" gains...there is a small percentage of shoes in the basketball division that actually sell at full price. and that doesnt even matter because the shoes are paid for when they hit retailers anyway. nike could care less how much foot locker chooses to sell a shoe for. they have already been paid their cut.

my point that bball isnt the biggest division by far is not an argument...its a fact.

Back
Top Bottom