Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
SOOO anyone doubling up on any Kobe 11s? I am thinking about doing that with white horse.

Im really starting to dig those Tinkers. Might have to pick them up with Avars (lace swap, i returned em before, didnt like the fat lace). Thanks for posting vid
I already doubled up on the white horse and the bhm. Got the bhm on the low.

Anyone else think that the HTMs are being replaced by the Muse Pack?

I mean, there should be pictures or some kind of news release by now since the IX and X HTMs have been revealed around April.
Yea I was thinking the Muse pack would be in lieu of a regular HTM. I'll take it though, 3 attainable shoes that I like as opposed to scalpers looking to get the same amount for 1 pair. 

Anyone else think that the HTMs are being replaced by the Muse Pack?

I mean, there should be pictures or some kind of news release by now since the IX and X HTMs have been revealed around April.
Yeah usually they were announced and released during Milan Fashion week which has already passed. I'll take the Muse pack though. Will buy all three. Avar's on discount hopefully then Tinkers on release pry. Really like the Parker's though I love blue and black so will pry be my favorite of the three. 

Man I think tinkers looks clean. Front deep black with red swoosh. Plus fly knit? Done and done. Might look better with gray or red lace

nthat.gif

I was checking out the FTL calendar and saw a couple pairs up for end the end of May, also I'd think that last one that's a kids pair is that TV static pair we've seen

lol. avars sketch is a mountain?
The shoe is based on a mountain

http://news.nike.com/news/kobe-11-muse-pack

First up in the new three-shoe pack is the KOBE 11 Avar Muse. The design reflects Bryant and Avar’s mutual interest in nature, with a particular focus on Yosemite National Park’s “El Capitan” rock formation, an elite climbing destination. “Nature in its complex simplicity is in a constant state of refinement,” explains Avar. The shoe features crafted details, like a leather patch on the right heel printed with a philosophy that Avar and Bryant share: “I see beauty in the struggle.” Similar to climbers scaling El Capitan and gazing at Yosemite’s beauty from 8,000 feet above the ground, both Bryant and Avar have overcome significant life challenges, tested themselves and remained resilient.

Last edited:
Resellers are trying to build hype on the Tinkers.  SMH

Some guy trying to justify pre-orders of $700 on a FB group.  SMH X2

Keep sleeping on the Muse pack.   zzzzzz.  Be trading them with you for Preludes and FTBs. 

Thank you.

Last edited:
In the spirit of the Muse pack hype, I thought I'd try to put together an article about who the lead designers were for each of Kobe's shoes. Does anyone have any info on this? I will credit your NikeTalk handle in the article for contributions. I know the XI were obviously Tinker and the X were Avar...the rest?

In the spirit of the Muse pack hype, I thought I'd try to put together an article about who the lead designers were for each of Kobe's shoes. Does anyone have any info on this? I will credit your NikeTalk handle in the article for contributions. I know the XI were obviously Tinker and the X were Avar...the rest?
Huarache 2K4 - Eric Avar

Huarache 2K5 - Eric Avar

Zome Kobe 1 - Ken Link (Eric Avar started it but took a leave of absence for health reasons)

Zoom Kobe 2 - Ken Link

Zoom Kobe 3 through 11 - Eric Avar

Tinker only designed that specific colorway of the XI for the Muse pack, Eric Avar did the actual shoe design.

Also here's a article by Brett Golliff about every Kobe shoe made

http://www.complex.com/sneakers/2016/04/evolution-of-kobe-bryant-signature-sneaker/

Last edited:
Gotcha. So Tinker has never lead designed an actual Kobe shoe? Has he done any specific colorways for the other versions?

Gotcha. So Tinker has never lead designed an actual Kobe shoe? Has he done any specific colorways for the other versions?
This is the only Kobe colorway designed by Tinker that I'm aware of. I don't think he's had any involvement with the series up to this point. However Tinker has said that the Kobe IX Elite High is one of his favorite sneaker designs of all time and that he wished he had come up with the idea.

(source: http://www.complex.com/sneakers/201...12+2014&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social)

They've used his name for the HTM pairs, but I don't think he's really had his hand on any specific color or design for those. I like that the Muse pack is a direct design from Tinker. I only wish they had special boxes also for them. Like if they featured that artwork I posted earlier, on each respective box. That would have been really nice.

They've used his name for the HTM pairs, but I don't think he's really had his hand on any specific color or design for those. I like that the Muse pack is a direct design from Tinker. I only wish they had special boxes also for them. Like if they featured that artwork I posted earlier, on each respective box. That would have been really nice.
Good point I forgot about the HTM pairs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom