Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

Not sure which footlocker website you are looking at but since the FTB Huaraches they have been at the release calendar. Kobe 8-11 are on the release calendar right now as we speak. Kobe 8-10 are NOT releasing on footlocker.com.
Your confusing calendar and release locator only the xi have ever shown up on calendar

just some clarification.

Is midsole necessarily defined as being on the outside of the shoe? Because I've seen lots of people referring to the Lunarlon + Zoom heel insole as the midsole of the Kobe XI Elite. If you take out the insole, you can see through the translucent rubber outsole. So essentially, the midsole IS the insole? Which is all encased in the rubber outsole.

Is there any shoe with a Zoom midsole that is actually part of the shoe and not embedded with the insole?
Ill try to answer your questions as asked. 

The midsole is the sole between the insole and outsole hence why its called midsole. That said its both seen from the outside as well as inside the shoe underneath the insole. 

KBXI combines the insole and midsole into one solid insert that can be removed. Yes if you remove the insole/midsole it exposes the translucent outsole. 

The insole/midsole is available in 3 options for ID only at this point. ( Full Zoom, Heel Zoom and Full Lunar) 

Yes Nike makes several different models with a Zoom Midsole not combined with the insole. A lot of the older KB models had zoom midsoles

So what's the best kobe in performance wise
Its subjective honestly 

The V was my first low-cut shoe so Im biased to that model but the X ( Mesh or FK) were good shoes on court but ugly for off-court 

The XI is OK hopefully the XII will be closer to the V than XI 

Personally 8s are what got me into kobes
They're good on and off the court but they wear down too quickly
And it can do a lot of damage to the knees
So yeah besides the 8s I like to ball in the 4s and the 5s
Haven't had a chance to play in a model that's after the 8s though :/

Ill try to answer your questions as asked. 

The midsole is the sole between the insole and outsole hence why its called midsole. That said its both seen from the outside as well as inside the shoe underneath the insole. 

KBXI combines the insole and midsole into one solid insert that can be removed. Yes if you remove the insole/midsole it exposes the translucent outsole. 

The insole/midsole is available in 3 options for ID only at this point. ( Full Zoom, Heel Zoom and Full Lunar) 

Yes Nike makes several different models with a Zoom Midsole not combined with the insole. A lot of the older KB models had zoom midsoles
thanks for the dropping the knowledge. I wonder what the difference is performance wise in having Zoom embedded in the insole vs. having it separately as its own midsole.

Might have to pick up some different Nike's

Personally 8s are what got me into kobes
They're good on and off the court but they wear down too quickly
And it can do a lot of damage to the knees
So yeah besides the 8s I like to ball in the 4s and the 5s
Haven't had a chance to play in a model that's after the 8s though :/

I recommend the 11s with the full zoom insert

Lol they're 45$ more
no doubt, but I doubt i get the FTBs based on what I'm hearing.

PS, Footlocker has a 20% off code working on KOBE 11s. IPFL6432. May need to be a vip member.

EDIT: looks like BLs and emperors are excluded.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Hit in store/live raffles on every pair so far except for the 3s which I traded an extra pair of Vs I won for. Team retail or bust
pimp.gif
Oh and HOH releases stuff when they feel like it.

I just said screw it and decided to just ball in the BLs.  I don't know if it's because I've been playing in the Xs recently, but between the Xs and XIs, it's like night and day.  I would say the XIs are finally a glimpse of what the lows in the Kobe signature line should represent.

Drop in lunar midsole with fullzoom and herringbone is goat performance and feel IMO.

Upper dont matter as long as it fits your foot which for me is arguably as important as anything else the fit.

When it really comes down to it anything will do.

Might order an ID as well as try for the FTB

One for rocking one for stocking.

Back
Top Bottom