Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Seriously. There are some people who say they get good traction with the Bruce Lee Kobe 11s. I gotta see what kinda courts they play on and what their game looks like. Because I play on some relatively clean indoor courts and I just couldn't play my game because the traction kept throwing me off. Can't make quick cuts, can't stop on a dime fast enough, and defense is a ***** to play if you have no traction. 
My BLs are now strictly for casual after several failed hoopin sessions with subpar traction performances. I 100% agree about not having any confidence when playing defense with crappy traction. Just tell your teammates that you went the James Harden Academy of Defense basketball camp and they'll understand. Even for casual, you have to be careful when walking on smooth surfaces at the mall...yes it's that bad. I almost slipped a few times but I caught myself. My quick reflexes I gained from over a decade of snowboarding prevented me from falling on my behind.

I play in the Eulogy's and USAs and haven't had bad traction at all. Not good as my KD 9 solids but still gets the job done on a moderate dusty court.

I think it comes down to the condition of court! I have several solid and translucent soles... can never tell the difference, only the court!

I might just start wearing them at the gym and not to hoop cuz it was ridiculous. I attack the rim quite a bit but was slipping all over the place. Anyone have traction issues with the GCRs? Maybe the courts I play on just suck but the 11s have been no good to me

Just trying to help people out, don't have to believe me.

I'm not calling you out or anything. Ive been trying to cop a pair. I was just wondering why it would go straight to outlets. Don't get me wrong I would love it if it did.

How do you know this? If you don't mind me asking

I play in the Innovations several days a week. The solid rubber outsole is fantastic. I rarely ever wipe, and I would say they do not clean the courts very often at my university campus gym. I play in the Kobe Mentality 2's which are known for insane traction because they're outdoor shoes, and I'd go to say that there is only a small difference compared to the Elite 11 Innovations. I don't think I've ever noticed a time that I slipped at all to be honest.

I play in the Innovations several days a week. The solid rubber outsole is fantastic. I rarely ever wipe, and I would say they do not clean the courts very often at my university campus gym. I play in the Kobe Mentality 2's which are known for insane traction because they're outdoor shoes, and I'd go to say that there is only a small difference compared to the Elite 11 Innovations. I don't think I've ever noticed a time that I slipped at all to be honest.
thanks man. will pick up those innovations then. so every white sole is like that? like tinkers?

Unfortunately, the Innovations are the only Kobe 11s I own so I can't compare to the other colorways, but I assume they'd be the same rubber compound as long as it's not translucent and All-Stars have that special XMR sole I think. They're actually gray in color, but I don't that makes a difference compared to the Kobe 11s with true white soles. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

My other shoes that I really ball in are D Lillard 2's, and there's times I feel the slipping on the same court. The Kobe 11 Innovations have better traction. The only other gym I've played in was a Lifetime gym and seemed perfectly fine there too. There's a fair amount of reviews on Kobe 11 EMs that state how good the traction is. I'm using EMs as an example because a lot of the EM colorways have the same solid rubber outsole. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom