Official Kevin Ferguson vs James Thompson Post (9pm CBS)

Originally Posted by OGbobbyjohnson773

Horrible decision by CBS to air this.

i disagree. this is riveting television. where else on network tv are u gonna watch a man's ear explode?

laugh.gif
@ people hating on kimbo for the sake of hating on kimbo

i don't watch much of this sport, but how can you argue that he won this fight?

Kimbo definitely has a ton to learn.

I liked it, though. He had a few good moves and some definite rookie mistakes. And of course, the punched he did land were fierce.

Good fight, I thought.

And I agree that it should have been landed. Look at what just happened at the end: dude's ear got popped, and then Kimbo landed like 4 of his next 5punches onto Thompson's head. And buckets of blood were about to be spilled.

That stoppage was bogus. Thompson through a legit punch immediately before the ref jumped in. I really believe this garbage was fixxed.

Originally Posted by swendro88

laugh.gif
@ people hating on kimbo for the sake of hating on kimbo

i don't watch much of this sport, but how can you argue that he won this fight?

Kimbo lost. They should have stopped the fight in the 2nd when he was pinned against the cage. How can they let him get hit for over a minute straightundefended and not call the fight or at least warn him it will be stopped. BS fight...obvious saving Kimbo's face. He didn't even have the energy totalk...

This coming from someone who very much appreciates his dedication to the sport.

maybe it shouldn't have been stopped, but if it wasn't the boy thompson was bout to take the L anyway. Allowing the fight to go on would have just beenprolonging the inevitable.

Of course they should have called it when Kimbo was on the cage. He was dumb tired and wasnt doing anything in defense even though Thompson was barely hittinghim.

But you cannot deny after the ear popping Kimbo was about to KO this dude with a right hook and uppercut.

The ear popping was a good thing for Thompson, believe me. I agree they should have stopped it in the 2nd after Thompson kept nailing him with the fist/elbowwhile Kimbo did nothing but lay there.

I don't think Thompson was in any danger of getting knocked out at the end. He had been taking hits like that the whole match but would still find a way toget in on Kimbo's legs and take him to the mat.

I dont see how yall are saying the fight shoulda been stopped in the 2nd. when he was pinned down thompson didnt have enough power on those forarms tokimbo's head to warrant a stoppage

^ exactly

nobody liked when the other match got called cuz the guy got poked in the eye, but they want the kimbo match to end because the dude was laying on top of him?

people are just hating

Originally Posted by swendro88

^ exactly

nobody liked when the other match got called cuz the guy got poked in the eye, but they want the kimbo match to end because the dude was laying on top of him?

people are just hating

Dude you can't argue they were undefended. They weren't powerful but they weren't defended in anyway. They usually stop fights with 3undefended blows, and Kimbo got hit by like 20 of them. The rules call for the fight to stop when the person isn't defending for the safety of the fighter.You sayin that if there were 5 more minutes in the round you would have just let Thompson hit him for the rest of the 5 mins? Cuz Kimbo sure as hell aint movinfrom that spot. They stop the fight with 4 shots from from Kimbo and JT wasn't even out, granted he was on his way, just like Kimbo woulda been out hadthere been more time in the 2nd. Dudes on some double-standard +#$...

^ Define 'defend'. Because Kimbo had his forearm up, defending Thompson's attempted head shots.

Does that not count when you say 'fights are usually called after 3 undefended blows'?

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ Define 'defend'. Because Kimbo had his forearm up, defending Thompson's attempted head shots.

Does that not count when you say 'fights are usually called after 3 undefended blows'?

Defending intelligently. Kimbo's arm was pinned against the cage by Thompson's left knee. The 3 shots have to be brutal to stop the fight and thatcan take place in as little as 2 seconds. When Kimbo had his arm pinned he was being hit for over a MINUTE and he couldn't defend himself even if he wantedto. That was by far the most helpless position in the fight from either fighters.
Thompson was just as badly hurt in the 3rd as he was in the early goings of the 2nd? If that was the case why didn't they stop it then...

O.K., I see.

Obviously, I didn't know that rule at the time. But now that I do, it probably should have been called right there.

If Thompson is supposed to be a scrub (like most of you that follow MMA say he is), then I can definitely see Kimbo's career being very, very short. Imean, this was my first night watching MMA, but I picked up a few things just from watching the 4 bouts before the main event, and I could tell in the mainevent that Kimbo was a rookie.

But even with that said, I hope they televise him again, hopefully on another Saturday night where nothing else is on.
laugh.gif

ska - I personally have grown to like Kimbo since he won the respect of Bas Rutten, his trainer. I'm surprised that with all of his resources (Bas, ShawnTompkins I think also helps him out) and his incredible dedication that he hasn't improved as greatly as I thought. That being said I wouldn't be soquick to write him off yet. Once he gets his cardio up and learns some wrestling he'll do alright in there.

This was the first time i really watched MMA and i was very entertained.

I think that the Kimbo fight was ended just when it needed too. If the ref didn't stop it there, Kimbo would have for sure landed more clean punches to theother guy, he was clearly dazed.

On a side note, how the hell does someone get their ear like that?
sick.gif

Originally Posted by superbowlhomeboy217

That stoppage was bogus. Thompson through a legit punch immediately before the ref jumped in. I really believe this garbage was fixxed.

that dude had no idea what the hell was going on, his eyes were all discombobulated as the ref stopped him
Originally Posted by BirdsIView

Kimbo was just exposed.

its probably too late in hist career to really develop a solid ground game, as long as he knows the basics he'll be just fine, everyone knows he'sjust a flat out brawler and thats whats great about him, especially when he fought Tank when he just picked up his mouth piece and threw it out like "$$!%it"
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom